Rams down to 10th

PistoldPete2

25 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Yes of course, I was just a bit disappointed that no one slipped up last night. Still, if we keep winning we don't have to worry about other teams. 

Sorry Pete .. I was in grumpy mode, rather than my usual happy clappy .. Yes I was a pity no one slipped up . :thumbsup:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

To use a tired, old, but entirely relevant cliché - one game at a time.

Is it possible to simultaneously focus on both one win at a time AND one clean sheet at a time?

If we can keep this up, our Latin motto could become "vincere mundum uno tempore et accipiens linteum tempore".

Since I suspect linteum means literally "I have not yet wet the bed", perhaps "et vincere nemo tollet a tempore ad tempus per ludum metas conceditur".

3 hours ago, coneheadjohn said:

Ah the power of positive thinking

I was so positive I thought Clement and Pearson would great:blink:.

I mean naive or stupid of course.

sometimes its better to be a lucky manager than a good one.

im not saying mcclaren isnt good. but he definately has fortune and bravery on his side the latter  in respect of the substitions he makes. Pearson had no luck when it came to drawing and losing games when we deserved better.

results, and a good string of positive results does wonders for team confidence and good fortune.

2 hours ago, jagerbob said:

im not saying mcclaren isnt good. but he definately has fortune and bravery on his side the latter  in respect of the substitions he makes. Pearson had no luck when it came to drawing and losing games when we deserved better.

results, and a good string of positive results does wonders for team confidence and good fortune.

Pearson got what he deserved. McLaren is getting what he deserves. Back up to 5th now, only 2 off 3rd.

9 hours ago, jagerbob said:

I'm no huge mcclaren fan but you'd have to say he's improving all player performances and their apparent desire to play for the shirt, much more than Pearson did. Long may it continue.

13 hours ago, eddie said:

Gamble one to win 2 more - that always seemed like good odds to me. Where it came unstuck was leading and still pressing the accelerator. It has to be a balance.

I agree, 

But by the looks of things. Mac seems to have learned from his mistakes here last time. When we were 2-0 up against Wednesday, we sat back and soaked the pressure. Hopefully he has learnt this.

1 hour ago, Ninos said:

I'm no huge mcclaren fan but you'd have to say he's improving all player performances and their apparent desire to play for the shirt, much more than Pearson did. Long may it continue.

I am.

11 hours ago, plymouthram said:

blimey back to 5th and 458 mins of football without conceding a goal. COYR

It is amazing to think where we've come from when the 458 minute "goal drought" is highlighted like that.

This is basically the same squad which often looked as if they could be absolutely relied upon to concede a goal - if not multiple goals - at almost any critical time.

Who could forget how Keystone Coppish we were in blowing a three-goal lead in (what was it?) 12-15 minutes at Rotherham...and very nearly could've conceded another to lose it in the 30 or seconds between the restart and the final whistle.

I'm still not convinced we have overcome our defensive frailties but there's no denying we look capable of grafting out a match now.

As an aside, perhaps that should be the 458 minute 'clean sheet glut' since the word drought invariably bears negative connotations such as dying livestock and crops... or, sadly, in relation to my sex life....

This is my view ,, we have gone from 21st to the very happy situation that a playoff position is now in our own hands , we do not have to hope for others to slip up ,we are fifth and have to fair better than the teams below ( bloody good ain't it) ..  we are chasing automatic promotion but are dependant on the top two or one of the top two slipping up just like the teams around us ,,, don't look down getting nervy about the teams below us ,. Look up ,take one game at a time determined to grab an auto spot and chase the hell out of that goal and see where that takes us , every game is winnable and we need to go out determined to win every game and believing we can win every game ,, yes of course the stato s will tell us we won't win every game from now to the end of the season and of course it highly unlikely that we will but every game from now till the end of the season taken singularly is winnable and that should be our approach ,, this club and squad is geared up for playing without fear with players free to express themselves and that's how we function best ,, negative approach with fear of dropping places cripples this group of players,,,, if you don't attack then you get the sack it's the Derby way?

2 hours ago, EssendonRam said:

It is amazing to think where we've come from when the 458 minute "goal drought" is highlighted like that.

This is basically the same squad which often looked as if they could be absolutely relied upon to concede a goal - if not multiple goals - at almost any critical time.

Who could forget how Keystone Coppish we were in blowing a three-goal lead in (what was it?) 12-15 minutes at Rotherham...and very nearly could've conceded another to lose it in the 30 or seconds between the restart and the final whistle.

I'm still not convinced we have overcome our defensive frailties but there's no denying we look capable of grafting out a match now.

As an aside, perhaps that should be the 458 minute 'clean sheet glut' since the word drought invariably bears negative connotations such as dying livestock and crops... or, sadly, in relation to my sex life....

Blimey you're a tough guy to please.  How many more clean sheets until you're convinced?

4 minutes ago, Bessie1 said:

Blimey you're a tough guy to please.  How many more clean sheets until you're convinced?

keep a clean sheet against Fulham and I would be convinced.

Archived