The Bounce Song

Philmycock

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wednesday did it at Pride Park back in 02 long before the red McMinn testimonial where Rangers fans did a completely different, "bouncy bouncy bouncy bouncy rar rar rar" which I actually prefer.

football fans thinking they have some sort of ownership over a chant is equally pathetic and amusing though.

7 hours ago, loweman2 said:

Jesus it's like admitting to stealing some bodies wheel chair !!

its the most embarrassing song ever !

Not as embarrassing IMHO as 'since I was young'. Hate that song.

Probably not as embarrassing as the often long and conspicuous silence coming from the South Stand either... :ph34r:

Not sure I heard one from the East Stand, but was there a 'we are Derby, super Derby...' chant on Sunday?

Can't beat the classics... stolen or not. 

13 minutes ago, enachops said:

If you watch the game back on SKY I'm pretty sure Steve McClaren tells the south stand to 'shut up' as they are starting the bounce song off. The cameras zoomed in on him after the 2nd or 3rd goal. I don't think he's a fan! 

He can't stand it enachops !

IMG_3693.JPG

23 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Wednesday did it at Pride Park back in 02 long before the red McMinn testimonial where Rangers fans did a completely different, "bouncy bouncy bouncy bouncy rar rar rar" which I actually prefer.

football fans thinking they have some sort of ownership over a chant is equally pathetic and amusing though.

The only question I have is what were they doing at Pride Park in 2002? They certainly weren't invited.

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

A grown man once said

"You stole my song"

True story 

After we beat Sheff Wed in play off season some irate Wednesday fan  (grown man) came bursting into The Alex pub hurling obscenities and saying Derby are a tinpot club for stealing 'their song'.

Imagine leading such a sad life that something like that is so important to you that you feel it is worth embarrassing yourself in a pub full of people. Poor guy.

11 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Are you struggling to comprehend @philmycock's posts about copying the bounce from Rangers.after Ted McMinn;s testimonial?

Is he talking in some secret code that only i can understand or is he on your banned list?

Because we did steal it from Wednesday, I was there at the time we started to sing the song and rangers' bouncy song is different. We have stolen a lot of songs in the past such as the since I was young chant.There's nothing wrong with stealing other people's songs. I was only correcting the OP

3 hours ago, enachops said:

If you watch the game back on SKY I'm pretty sure Steve McClaren tells the south stand to 'shut up' as they are starting the bounce song off. The cameras zoomed in on him after the 2nd or 3rd goal. I don't think he's a fan! 

I noticed that as well! Certainly looks like it, don't know what he actually said... 

3 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

This. It's like managers getting upset because other managers 'steal their formations.' Like Walter Mazzarri starting moaning that Antonio Conte stole his 3 at the back formation. Laughable

Archived