What would make you happy over Xmas?

Chester40

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Always worries me a bit when we start to get a bit ahead of ourselves, much better to my mind  to take game by game and not worry about whats beyond that, expectation levels and all that. 

I was still nervous when we went 3 nil up against Forest ( only relaxed in added time ) let alone to start predicting the next few matches and heaping pressure on ourselves. There's no question in my mind that the luck has been going for us in the last month or so, after us getting none at all at the start of the season, but it can't continue.

Not criticising your thread though Chester, I'm sure there are many more thinking just like you - my ageing nervous system precludes it though ! 

It's not unreasonable to hope for 3 points at QPR. They've not been having a good season and going on their recent results it seems they may have been better keeping Jimmy Floyd on, as, under Holloway, they are heamorageing goals.

Fulham will be a much sterner test, but they won't have 'the (our) wardrobe', so maybe we can capitalise on that.

Not sure it's worth looking ahead past either of those 2 games as anything could  happen with injuries, bad luck with penalties/red cards etc.

But surely we'd be happy with 4 points from the next 2 games. That would still be very decent form indeed.

2 hours ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

My happy Xmas would be:

Peace to all.

Derby keep winning.

And f30rest keep losing.

And extra pigs in blanket.

I never get why there aren't enough pigs in blankets. 'Tis true though.  I cook the meal and the Mrs gets the ingredients. I shall tell her to estimate the number of pigs in blankets she thinks we need and double it this year..

Oh, and Derby to continue undefeated would keep me happy

Archived