Vydra....

DerbyRam!

5 hours ago, rammieib said:

I was personally disappointed in him, started brightly, fouled a few times, did get free on goal with a great piece of skill (think ref didn't know which defender committed foul and hence bottled giving a card) but after that became none existent.

Gave possession away a lot and often made the wrong decision.

Just average and will be glad to see Bent back in.

Worrying for £8 million though, currently looking like a regular sub if we are honest with two central forwards I am sure he would do nicely but that is likely to be a rare occasion with the players we have ( which also means wieman is further away from a game in the middle) 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Atm vydra for martin is looking like a very poor swap especially as we didn't get that much money up front for martin but paid £8 million for vydra. He needs to start scoring goals basically. 

Bent has the shirt for me and he can play the sole striker role up top. Vydra can't do that, he needs to either replace Russell out wide or play off Bent and be one of 2 central strikers. That would totally mess up the system and so isn't an option. Unless Blackman is seen as cover for Bent, we need to bring in another striker in Jan....

Feel a bit for him, brought to play in a fast counter 4-4-2 and now its back to the Derby we know and love. 

However, he has undoubted quality so I think its a case of if he can adapt his game enough (and the other players helping understand how he's trying to do it) to be a big part. Without that adaptation, he's just not the right player for us. 

1 hour ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Atm vydra for martin is looking like a very poor swap especially as we didn't get that much money up front for martin but paid £8 million for vydra. He needs to start scoring goals basically. 

I know what you mean but I only really care about Mel's spending of Mel's money if ever it means there won't be money left to improve the team in the future. I see no reason to believe that's the case, and in terms of FFP Vydra might be a saving over Martin for all I know, freeing up headroom for future deals.

If vydra cant adapt then he will have been a spectacular over spend....I hope he turns it round though,whether or not Martin comes back...at the very worst we will need to recoup some of the cash spent on him by moving him on and at the best we would have three top strikers to mix and match.....that wouldn't do our prospects any harm in the run up to the end of the season.

Personally,i like him...he's a very strong looking striker who just needs to get his confidence up...I'm sure Mac will get him firing on all cylinders some how and then he will impress us all,im sure

4 hours ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Meh, Martin wasn't scoring much before he left. There needs to be a distinction between Martin's Derby career as a whole and the form he was in when we loaned him out where £9m is absolutely ripping Fulham off.

17 minutes ago, Posh Ram said:

Meh, Martin wasn't scoring much before he left. There needs to be a distinction between Martin's Derby career as a whole and the form he was in when we loaned him out where £9m is absolutely ripping Fulham off.

Except he's already 7 in 22 games. #haterzgonnahate

53 minutes ago, Posh Ram said:

Meh, Martin wasn't scoring much before he left. There needs to be a distinction between Martin's Derby career under McClaren and the form he was in under Nigel 'tactics' Pearson where £9m is absolutely ripping Fulham off.

Fixed.

54 minutes ago, Posh Ram said:

Where does £9 million come from? We haven't even sold martin for £9miion. When if we had I'm not sure that if that is ripping fulham off , £8 million for vydra isn't even more of a rip off. 

Can't judge him just yet. Let him have a run in a preforming Mac team where the midfielders behind him are playing well like they have when Benty scored and then we will see. 

A month ago, thought of Benty leading the line made me shudder but now he is looking good in that position! 

Hopefully Vydra proves us all wrong because from what I saw when he played for Watford he was a quality finisher, just give him a chance. The chance he created against Rotherham when linking up with Ince was quality, just lacked the confidence to finish, but I really do think that will change with coaching from Mac. 

Imo vydra will be a better player than Martin once we get the teams confidence even higher and crucially we start controlling the midfield. He's an extremely intelligent player who's quick feet and speed of thought will be lethal against most teams defences in this league when he has good support, but what he won't be able to do is slow the play down and hold the ball up to help out the midfield, but if we really get firing and start taking control of matches totally this won't be a problem, and he'll be an even greater threat than bent. The return of Thorne could really help with this should he return soon, and I think vydra will prove his worth and more

7 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Imo vydra will be a better player than Martin...

...once we get the teams confidence even higher and crucially we start controlling the midfield. He's an extremely intelligent player who's quick feet and speed of thought will be lethal against most teams defences in this league when he has good support...

Dream on sucker.

Love CM but is it a backward step dropping him straight back in a 433??? We would probably still batter the ***** sides but against the better sides the lack of pace to close down at source usually contributed to a less than favourable result. I would rather stick with Bent, Vydra and Blackman as they offer more in terms of pace.

Archived