Your Biggest Disappointment In Football

G STAR RAM

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Why Austria? 

Mums side of the family. Supported them since 1990 World Cup for which amazingly we qualified.

I think having aspergers traits definately lead me into interests and things that were different from the mainstream and over time I just consider myself Austrian and not English despite being born and raised in England.

Basically if I was the best footballer on the planet and had a choice between playing for England and playing for Austria the decision would be made in a split second.

I feel passion when watching Austria and I feel pain when they don't do as I wish. When I'm watching England it's really though I'm just watching someone else's country play football and I have zero emotional feeling for England win lose or draw.

Not against them in any way just don't really feel that I care at all about them. I'm the same with Austrian sportsmen and women. I hate Formula 1 but back in the day i was Gerhard Bergers biggest fan although I didn't stalk him, just for the record. :lol:

Adrian Durham was discussing Scotlands Matt Ritchie on talksport last night criticising him for playing for Scotland despite being born and raised in England and NOT ONCE ever visiting Scotland in his life beforehand even though its just up the road so to speak. He asked if Ritchie had any passion for Scotland. I agree with him.

I've been to Austria lots of times, been to watch them in qualifiers and Austrian league teams too. I'm all about Austria and its a huge part of my life and soul.

49 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Mums side of the family. Supported them since 1990 World Cup for which amazingly we qualified.

I think having aspergers traits definately lead me into interests and things that were different from the mainstream and over time I just consider myself Austrian and not English despite being born and raised in England.

Basically if I was the best footballer on the planet and had a choice between playing for England and playing for Austria the decision would be made in a split second.

I feel passion when watching Austria and I feel pain when they don't do as I wish. When I'm watching England it's really though I'm just watching someone else's country play football and I have zero emotional feeling for England win lose or draw.

Not against them in any way just don't really feel that I care at all about them. I'm the same with Austrian sportsmen and women. I hate Formula 1 but back in the day i was Gerhard Bergers biggest fan although I didn't stalk him, just for the record. :lol:

Adrian Durham was discussing Scotlands Matt Ritchie on talksport last night criticising him for playing for Scotland despite being born and raised in England and NOT ONCE ever visiting Scotland in his life beforehand even though its just up the road so to speak. He asked if Ritchie had any passion for Scotland. I agree with him.

I've been to Austria lots of times, been to watch them in qualifiers and Austrian league teams too. I'm all about Austria and its a huge part of my life and soul.

It is indeed a wonderful place to visit.

I am with you on the representing a country you have never been to, or had any passion for just to get an international cap, yet in their shoes i may do the same, take Jamie Ward for example...no idea if he visits NI, but he was never going to play for england so you sort of cant blame him.

I do like F1 myself, remember berger well, i have massive respect to for Niki Lauda he is an incredibly intelligent man who has had a massive impact on that sport.

Tonight. Possibly the worst Austrian performance I think I've witnessed in nearly 25 years and there's been a few.

Atrocious.

How Kevin Wimmer is a Premier League footballer I'll never know.

Oh well. Onto the Euro qualifiers for us now and forget about Russia. Barring a miracle, even 2nd place looks unachievable in this group.

QPR at Wembley.

Germany shoot out at Euro 1996.

Lestah at Wembley.

Italia '90 semi-final.

Plymouth Argyle FA Cup quarter final.

I need a stiff drink now. Sob.

6 hours ago, needles said:

QPR at Wembley.

Germany shoot out at Euro 1996.

Lestah at Wembley.

Italia '90 semi-final.

Plymouth Argyle FA Cup quarter final.

I need a stiff drink now. Sob.

Good/bad call with the Plymouth game...when we got them back home inwas convinced that we were going to Wembley....and that was during the time that you only got to Wembley for a major final... 

uttoxram75 not being the England manager, we ain't going to win a World Cup or Euro Championship until we sort out the oomph and urgency throughout and uttoxram75 would soon sort out all the toffs at the FA and would instantly have a nation feeling passionate and proud of their national team. Will Oomph Hughes would be a first of many Derby County players to represent their country and we'd all get top notch seats at Wembley and at all the wonderful places around the world watching and there would be a mighty selection of Derby County England flags with various oomph quotes on them.

"Oh England Der Der...Der Der...Have Found the Oomph and Urgency, We'll Follow Them Over Land & Sea"

........yep still disappointed.

Archived