Vydra's miss

Bris Vegas

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Vydra's miss was indicative of his season with us . He's had similar chances this season, notably at Bristol.

When you've got a few goals under your belt, they go in even if the goalkeeper gets a touch.

I just hope he's not too down on himself and that he's soon rattling up the goals.

Whilst I thought Bent led the line well yesterday (his goal was sublime), there were times when crosses were fizzing across the 6-yard line where I wished Vydra was out there.

5 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

It was just an interesting talking point. Thanks for getting that up @rynny

I can't understand why he tried to go across the goalkeeper from there. Look at that massive gap to the keeper's right. Any shot, even if scuffed, would have gone in had he put it in that corner.

Trying to go back across the goalkeeper when the angle was unfavourable didn't make sense. And not only that, he hit it straight at Lonergan rather than in the corner.

I agree he should have just side footed along the floor/any side would have gone in but from the camera angle in the highlights clips you out up it looks as if it's hitting side netting on the inside of the goal if it goes in... That's a good place to hit the shot. Just poor that it was hit at a height that put it into the oath of Lonergan. 

If he had been in a rich vein of form his thought process is 'here we go, another goal'. Side foots it in the corner and is celebrating before it hits the net.

At present he is so desperate to score he thinks 'what if the keeper gets across,  I'll make doubly sure by taking my time and sending him the wrong way'. Overthinking for me, not trusting his instincts. It'll come.

Brilliant game though.

Still won soooooo it doesn't matter

he'll start scoring soon, i agree he should have buried it but it happens, it didn't cost us and all strikers miss from time to time. Even the wonderful Chris Martin used to miss chances 

We're making something out of nothing because its vydra and there is still a lets bum chris martin brigade.

Butters had a shot tipped on the post lets discuss that miss, or examine where ince should have shot instead of running on further into the box. Then there is bents miss in the first few mins. Its a lets pick on vydra because he's seen as saint chris martins replacement. 

5 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

Still won soooooo it doesn't matter

he'll start scoring soon, i agree he should have buried it but it happens, it didn't cost us and all strikers miss from time to time. Even the wonderful Chris Martin used to miss chances 

We're making something out of nothing because its vydra and there is still a lets bum chris martin brigade.

Butters had a shot tipped on the post lets discuss that miss, or examine where ince should have shot instead of running on further into the box. Then there is bents miss in the first few mins. Its a lets pick on vydra because he's seen as saint chris martins replacement. 

So cynical ?

We won and folk are still trying to pick fault with players FFS.

Yes he was 8 yards out, but he had a split second to get his shot away. Their gk made some great reaction saves, so who's to say he wouldn't have got a finger to it if he went left?.

It was another great save from him, Vydra done all he could and that's get it on target.

Strikers play on confidence and i'm sure once he gets a few under his belt he'll be a great asset to us, same with bent.

Even if he maybe should've done better, the keeper makes the save with the ball clipping his knee, and then clipping the post. It's so unlucky for either of those to happen, let alone both.

I'm desperate for him to get another goal though, thought he was brilliant when he came on yesterday.

4 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Even if he maybe should've done better, the keeper makes the save with the ball clipping his knee, and then clipping the post. It's so unlucky for either of those to happen, let alone both.

I'm desperate for him to get another goal though, thought he was brilliant when he came on yesterday.

Yeah, agreed. If he gets a few goals I think he'll be brilliant for us

Good performance, finally scored 3 goals in a game, hughes , ince and bent outstanding. It is slightly weird that although we have looked very solid at the back all season once we actually put some distance between ourselves and a team we suddenly seemed to panic. As for Vydra's miss, seen a lot, lot worse misses so really don't think it deserved a thread. 

I cannot believe this thread. Why do some "fans" always have to pick on a player. It was Keogh then Ince then Christie. Do you want failure just to prove your miserable little insults.

Yesterday we had 16 shots, scored 3 so by your pathetic reasoning the other 13 were all rubbish and the players should be named and shamed.

Why do you even get out of bed in the mornings or do you troll from there rather than get a life!

Archived