Vydra's miss

Bris Vegas

5 minutes ago, deano180 said:

This does not show the 10 hours he needed to control, compose, decide then execute, was a poor miss IMO

I'm struggling to be convinced about that particular timing..... you do know the clocks went back last weekend? ?

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, RamuelLJackson said:

And yet...

People will always moan about something though. It's a good thing in a way because it shows somethings going right. If we lost there would be much more to moan about. I wonder if Wolves are moaning about the shot Keogh cleared off the line? "But it was such a terrible miss! There was the whole goal to aim at and he hit their defender!"

No, they're probably moaning about how they got absolutely ripped to shreds and made to look like a non-league side in the first half.

It was good save from the keeper so no it's not 'terrible miss' 

I guess you probably think Butterfield chance was terrible shot which was hit the post. 

I guess you probably think Benty chance was terrible.

I guess you probably think Johnson chance was terrible.. 

Get a grip Bris. 

I thought Vydra looked very sharp when he came on, and the chance he had was a great save from there keeper, and it also hit the post, so it was not a clear chance, there keeper was good all game, I think Vydra will have a big part to play this season, and in time will prove a very good signing, only time will tell I guess.

4 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

We can debate whether he should have gone left or right until we're blue in the face but to describe it as a "terrible miss" is frankly ridiculous. If the keeper hadn't got a knee to it and done just enough to nudge it on to the post it would have gone in. A terrible miss would have been if he'd blazed it over, not hit it on target or made it a relatively easy save for the keeper. So, as you say, let's focus a little more on the positives. It was a great ball through, a very decent effort on goal only thwarted by an excellent save by their keeper. 

Well you can waste you time debating baby right or baby left....I'd expect a professional which cost £8m to smash the back of the net 7 yards out with all the time in the world. 

It is a terrible miss.

People seem to forget that even though we paid a lot of money for him he'd hardly got any playing time for a while at Watford. 

Coming into a new club and firing isn't that easy when your playing regularly and well (no only but Blackman for example). 

Never mind when your not match fit, not had much playing time and then having to lead a line in a team not playing well.

For me the two games he's come off the bench will do him good, gives him a bit more time to acclimatise, helps him build his fitness to a better overall level and get Macs ideas in his head. 

He'll be brilliant for us in the right situation, you can see it already with the way he goes about his work. 

3 hours ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

I guess you probably think Butterfield chance was terrible shot which was hit the post. 

Great hand deliberate dive = good save 

The first volley? yes! why side foot it?

Didn't see it was checking out a blonde.

Get a grip Bris. 

Get a grip Bris. 

It was a terrible miss from a player short on confidence. Keeper did save it yes but should not have for anywhere near it. He's our Record signing, from 6 yards out you need to be putting the ball in the net it's as simple as that. That's what we brought him in for. 

33 minutes ago, FunkyRam said:

Well you can waste you time debating baby right or baby left....I'd expect a professional which cost £8m to smash the back of the net 7 yards out with all the time in the world. 

It is a terrible miss.

What's with all the baby?

So I guess if Carson had performed such a save against a top striker you wouldn't be congratulating him for the save? Give the keeper some credit

It's an absolutely awful miss I don't understand how this is even up for debate. It's a good save but the keeper should have been nowhere near that if Vydra was composed. 

He's clearly very low on confidence though which would explain why he lashed at it. He's had a few disallowed and he keeps getting good chances which is good, just needs a couple to go in and he'll start firing I hope.

2 hours ago, lrm14 said:

It's an absolutely awful miss I don't understand how this is even up for debate. It's a good save but the keeper should have been nowhere near that if Vydra was composed. 

He's clearly very low on confidence though which would explain why he lashed at it. He's had a few disallowed and he keeps getting good chances which is good, just needs a couple to go in and he'll start firing I hope.

FFS. Yes it was a missed chance and he should have buried it but to describe it as an awful miss is over the top. As another post mentioned, an inch higher and it would have gone in. Also, if it was an awful miss how can it also have been a good save? If it had been an awful miss then it wouldn't have needed a good save.

17 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

At 5:50

Thread from @Bris Vegasis clearly just a windup/fishing expedition. It's a good save and Vydra was unlucky. If Lonnegan hadn't turned three efforts onto the woodwork we'd have won handsomely. But what's funny are these highlights from Sky where the editor has forgotten to add Ince's penalty. We see the foul but there's not footage of him actually putting the pen away! Now that's what I'd call a terrible mistake - certainly not Vydra's attempt.

Sometimes the occasion lends itself to just smashing one in as hard as physically possible and that's what Vydra should have done IMO.

No bother. We won the game so it's not really important. Matej will be feeling a lot worse than we are if he's a proper striker so live and let live here.

He'll be wanting to get back on track soon enough the lad.

Archived