POLL: Selling Hendrick; a good decision?

Mostyn6

Selling Hendrick; Good decision?  

284 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

So, in conclusion, 75% of voters agree with selling Hendrick.

I'd be interested in which of those 75% ALSO accuse Pearson of ripping the squad apart! Which means they think that Derby is a one-man (Chris Martin) team.

Also let go was Buxton who was imperative to our quick, accurate pssing out from the back. Got rid of Martin who was imperative to the way we played and didn't by a like for like replacement. You would be surprised how many teams in this league are only losing two plyers away from free fall. Grant, who despite making a few howlers, had the ability to release the ball quickly allowing us to counter at speed - Carson can't do that.

Bought in Anya, who even though it's early days doesn't seem to be much of an improvement on Russell, but cost £2.5 million more. Vydra, would've been a great player, if he had a Martin type player to play off. Then tried to shoehorn the rest of our players into a system that didn't suit them.

And some people wonder why Pearson is scoffed at.

I would say however though, that even though he wasn't impertive to the 433 system, Hendrick was one of our players who is most suited to it.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would Hendrick have made a critical difference to Pearson's side?

Probably not, in my view, in which means that at £10m, he wanted top flight, he'd more than done his service to us as an academy graduate etc etc, it's an understandable move.

If it was a clear cut case that Plan Ostritch Uber Alles was going to be the winning combination with Jeff, that it's a more debatable scenario.

3 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

So, in conclusion, 75% of voters agree with selling Hendrick.

I'd be interested in which of those 75% ALSO accuse Pearson of ripping the squad apart! Which means they think that Derby is a one-man (Chris Martin) team.

Oh meow. I like it.

12 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

then 75% don't know what they are talking about :p

8 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

That's being polite.

People voted for the Nazis. People like Coldplay (me included). If there's one thing we should all know by now, it's that you can't trust people.

Correct decision. Talented player who had much in his locker. Except the locker remained closed far too much. Hughes, Thorne, Butterfield, Johnson and Bryson all better options. 

Don't blame him for leaving as he was in and out last season and he probably got a pay rise as well as a year in the Prem. And you can't blame us for selling for that price. 

I do not believe he'd have made even a slight difference this season. Granted, each of our midfielders are yet to pull up trees this season but thats down to the managerial upheaval in my opinion. Mac will get them going. I know that's not instantaneous enough for some fans, but patience is a virtue.

Don't know about good for Derby or Burnley - but certainly a good move for the player (more money and in the shop window if he does well).

Moving to Burnley after being put out in the cold at United hasn't done Michael Keane any harm and not many Rams fans rated (or rate) him.  

Could be Chelsea-bound if rumours are correct, Burnley getting £25 million for a player who cost them £2 million.

Good question but a tough one to answer. This forum seemed pretty divided with some feeling thee was some massive latent potential there, if unfulfilled, whilst others saw very little in Jeff, either in terms of ability or performance. 

In truth I wanted us to keep him and I think Pearson did too, but £10.5m was an offer we couldn't really refuse , especially when we (in theory, at least) have a surplus of useful centre mids. Equally, if Vydra clicks and gets us 15 to 20 goals this season or next, then it'll look like a Sam Rush masterstroke since the sale effectively funded his transfer.

So.....At £4.5m, a definite no-no, but at the end sale price I'd say it was good business.  It'd be interesting to know what the Burnley fans think...

20 minutes ago, Grantona said:

Don't know about good for Derby or Burnley - but certainly a good move for the player (more money and in the shop window if he does well).

Moving to Burnley after being put out in the cold at United hasn't done Michael Keane any harm and not many Rams fans rated (or rate) him.  

Could be Chelsea-bound if rumours are correct, Burnley getting £25 million for a player who cost them £2 million.

To be fair he looked like a better version of Keogh but lost his way after the Leicester drubbing.

Burnley's polished him off!

7 hours ago, Andrew James said:

Really !! He never lost the ball and most passes were to our own players and was and has improved enourmously and played well under McLaren. 

*McClaren

I'm going to start pulling people up, this has gone on too long now.

Archived