POLL: Selling Hendrick; a good decision?

Mostyn6

Selling Hendrick; Good decision?  

284 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think if Jeff was still at the club we'd still be in the exact same position, he very rarely solely dragged us onto victory purely off the back of his performance. How often did we realistically see a performance? 1 in 4? 1 in 5? He'd just be another underperforming player to add to the long list. 

10.5 million for him is one of the best transfers of the summer. If it works out for him at Burnley, even better. 

2 hours ago, JarodyDCFC said:

Considering how much money we got out of him- yes it was a good decision. He didn't do anything special for us anyway.

Really !! He never lost the ball and most passes were to our own players and was and has improved enourmously and played well under McLaren. 

He still fits SMs system better than the players we currently have. 

Happy for him to be in the prem and we have the money, but could have been the difference in having a strong runner from midfield making those runs - as most of you been blathering on about - that we currently miss. 

You guys talk a good game, but Hendrick is currently missed and if he was here he would be the second name on the midfields team sheet and helping the team climb back up the table. 

Maybe the reason he wanted to leave was because Pearson completely destroyed the squad harmony? 

47 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

So, in conclusion, 75% of voters agree with selling Hendrick.

I'd be interested in which of those 75% ALSO accuse Pearson of ripping the squad apart! Which means they think that Derby is a one-man (Chris Martin) team.

I certainly don't think he ripped the squad apart, but I think he should have..

Voted yes. He'd been pushing for a move since the previous January window & it was a great piece of business, especially in the era of FFP where selling your academy products is especially beneficial (all the money in counts as up front and then you can buy and spread the fee over several years).

But I do miss his lovely hair. In terms of coolness and having a team of handsome footballeres, with Jeff gone we desperately need George Thorne back in the side, but sadly no one's snuck me an update on his fitness.

1 minute ago, Carl Sagan said:

Voted yes. He'd been pushing for a move since the previous January window & it was a great piece of business, especially in the era of FFP where selling your academy products is especially beneficial (all the money in counts as up front and then you can buy and spread the fee over several years).

But I do miss his lovely hair. In terms of coolness and having a team of handsome footballeres, with Jeff gone we desperately need George Thorne back in the side, but sadly no one's snuck me an update on his fitness.

He's playing golf, apparently. I just think he was testing out his new hip replacement in the park. 

Whilst yes, the fee was too good and yes I was one of his biggest fans...... you'd kill to have him in the side now over Bryson and Butterfield. 

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

So, in conclusion, 75% of voters agree with selling Hendrick.

I'd be interested in which of those 75% ALSO accuse Pearson of ripping the squad apart! Which means they think that Derby is a one-man (Chris Martin) team.

You never been so right...............:thumbsup:

Archived