POLL: Selling Hendrick; a good decision?

Mostyn6

Selling Hendrick; Good decision?  

284 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Decent player, good memories, excellent fee.

Nail on head.

2 hours ago, mozza said:

I enjoy watching exRams do well,  i let out a wee cheer when he scored what turned out to be the winner today. 

Me too, we've sold at least one academy product into the PL each of the last 3 windows, plus Ince.

Just need young Will to get the chance now!

PistoldPete2
4 hours ago, blackNwhites said:

Don't know? I only hear about him when he scores a goal which means he's probably not really pulling up any trees. 

He's playing regularly in the prem, so his value will now be well above what we got for him. But it seemed good money at the time. 

At the time, it was an excellent decision to sell him. With hindsight, plenty of posts and threads can be brought up to 'prove a point', but I'd still argue today that selling him was the right decision.

He was a good player for us, but he was too inconsistent. He was extremely frustrating, a player with the physical and technical abilities to be good enough for the top flight but was anonymous far too often. He wasn't a guaranteed starter for us, and if we turned down £10.5mil from Burnley and he carried on exactly how he had done at Derby, the club would have been slated for it.

He needed a step-up to continue his development as he was stalling a bit here. The same with Hughes who I expect will do well at Watford when his opportunity comes. We sold Jeff at the peak value we were probably ever going to get for him at this level following an inflated price from a good showing at Euro 2016. Good deal for Derby, good deal for Hendrick, and as it turns out a good deal for Burnley too.

A player who used correctly would have been an excellent player for us. Again a 2013/14 player who was played to his strength, a strong runner who had an eye for goal. The forest 5-0 result was Hendrick at his best. The third goal I will never forget but he's now gone so let's move on ! 

2 hours ago, Alpha said:

He was a pretty good player at Derby but slightly frustrating and probably looks better for Burnley than us.

Probably shouldn't make sense but that's football. How else do you explain Diego Forlan.

Some deep analysis there brother lol:thumbsup:

I voted Yes

Good for him - Yes

Good for Burnley - Yes

Good for us - Yes £10m was more than enough

Have we replaced him properly  -No

Would you let him go before Bryson, Butterfield and Hughes - No

Would you rather have Ledley, Huddlestone or Johnson - No

A fully fit Thorne and on song Hendrick ...... did that ever happen ?

12 hours ago, VulcanRam said:

It was right to sell him. He'd gone as far as he was going to with Derby. He's now at a more successful club and has made the step up really well. We got a good fee. Everyone wins.

Everyone wins? Not so sure? The fees that we have received for very good players sold have not been well spent. £8 million on Vydra warming the bench, Johnson and Butterfield something like a combined £10 million p****d up the wall. Blackman, Camara, Wieman, very poor, Jury still out on Hudlestone and Lawrence. I appreciate that selling Jeff, Ince & Will Hughes was probably in the players long term interest, but I am not sure that it has benefited DCFC. 

59 minutes ago, europia said:

Everyone wins? Not so sure? The fees that we have received for very good players sold have not been well spent. £8 million on Vydra warming the bench, Johnson and Butterfield something like a combined £10 million p****d up the wall. Blackman, Camara, Wieman, very poor, Jury still out on Hudlestone and Lawrence. I appreciate that selling Jeff, Ince & Will Hughes was probably in the players long term interest, but I am not sure that it has benefited DCFC. 

The £10 million fee benefited Derby. How they spent it is another argument altogether.

Archived