Huddersfield Town v Derby County

Bwash_Ram

8 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

I don't subscribe to that "managers have made him captain so he must be good" idea. 

All of those managers failed. Got sacked, chucked back with the kids etc. 

We are 21st in the league. 

Pearson came in with a clear agenda to mix things up. He might have been a very bad manager for us but even with that agenda he still chose to make Keogh captain. People love to mention Leicester when they talk about NP, so I will too. At Leicester he signed Wes Morgan to be his captain cause they had no leaders. Why wouldn't he have done that here if we really had no leaders?

As for being 21st in the league, that has very very little to do with Keogh (as I pointed out to you, we have conceded 11 in 14 games). On the other hand, we have scored 7 in 14 games. 7 in 14.

How can you possibly justify Keogh being to blame? Is he supposed to stop the other team scoring, run the length of the pitch and put it in himself? Is that what you want leaders to do?

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yesterday as did Tuesday just shows that 4-3-3 isn't going to work with vydra up top on his own, slow sidewards and nothing to aim for up top, vydra needs a striker with him like weimann or Blackman, the more bodies forward the more chance of scoring!! And yes we struggled earlier in the season when we didn't play 4-3-3 but anyone who saw both games must off seen how we didn't even have a proper chance to score, we couldn't even go forward 

Only Brighton have conceded less goals than us this season.

We're the only club in the league not to hit double figures yet in goals. It's the worst goal tally in the entire Football League.

Defensive mistakes cost us yesterday, be it Anya, Christie, Keogh or whoever you want to blame but it only cost us 1pt. Call me greedy but I want 3pts.

Forget what happened in the last minute, look at the other 92 minutes which for the 8th game of the season we failed to score a goal and goals win games.

7 goals all season is ridiculous from the players we have and it's these so called attackers that are costing us points this season, not Keogh.

1 hour ago, nottingram said:

How can you possibly justify Keogh being to blame? Is he supposed to stop the other team scoring, run the length of the pitch and put it in himself? Is that what you want leaders to do?

To be fair Keogh is our second highest scorer this season at the moment - only one away from Vydras tally. If he wants that golden boot he isn't going to get it just sitting back in defence.

27 minutes ago, TopRam said:

Yesterday as did Tuesday just shows that 4-3-3 isn't going to work with vydra up top on his own, slow sidewards and nothing to aim for up top, vydra needs a striker with him like weimann or Blackman, the more bodies forward the more chance of scoring!! And yes we struggled earlier in the season when we didn't play 4-3-3 but anyone who saw both games must off seen how we didn't even have a proper chance to score, we couldn't even go forward 

tbf to Pearson, he realised this - that the more successful teams in the Championship tend to have 2 up top. Unfortunately his solution was to take a body out of midfield to provide the extra striker. And we don't have the TYPES of midfield player who can handle a 2 in midfield without being overrun, so in solving one issue he created another and didn't look like fixing it.

So we perhaps need 2 up top but 3 in central midfield - I wonder if Mac needs to try and build a 3-5-2 a bit like TBE side in the late 90's. Use Anya and Lowe/Christie as wingbacks. 3 cd's - I would suggest Keogh, Pearce and Rawson.

If he's going to do something like this he needs to start pdq and it is risky trying to build a new system when you are not in a comfortable league position and need points on the board.

Who'd be a football manager eh?

16 hours ago, Papahet said:

Decline gradually started when we threw five year contracts around for fun after the play off final defeat. 

The Bryson deal was the start of the rott, the so called fan favourite couldn't wait to get out the door when Burnley shown some interest - only resigning when we threw a ridiculous deal on the table.

I said that at thee time and got flamed for it ,we basically rewarded failure [the main argument against was SM wanted to keep the squad together].

Well that same squad failed again and is now well past it's sell by date, added to poor recruitment since we are about where we deserve .

The next transfer window is absolutely vital to DCFC we simply cannot afford to get this one wrong .The in's need to hit the ground running ,we have bought too many out of form players [not necessarily bad players ] and the big task will be to ship out the deadwood  who will buy them?

BC used to say you need 7 or 8 players on top form to achieve anything not sure we have one atm .I just hope SM can pull this off both in terms of recruitment and motivation .

5 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

I said that at thee time and got flamed for it ,we basically rewarded failure [the main argument against was SM wanted to keep the squad together].

Well that same squad failed again and is now well past it's sell by date, added to poor recruitment since we are about where we deserve .

The next transfer window is absolutely vital to DCFC we simply cannot afford to get this one wrong .The in's need to hit the ground running ,we have bought too many out of form players [not necessarily bad players ] and the big task will be to ship out the deadwood  who will buy them?

BC used to say you need 7 or 8 players on top form to achieve anything not sure we have one atm .I just hope SM can pull this off both in terms of recruitment and motivation .

My impression is that we don't do the Jan window very well, in fact it is a desperate time to buy.  If we sell the recent buys at a loss, surely nobody would be as foolish as us to pay the sums we paid, fpp becomes a challenge

27 minutes ago, GenBr said:

To be fair Keogh is our second highest scorer this season at the moment - only one away from Vydras tally. If he wants that golden boot he isn't going to get it just sitting back in defence.

That's true, if he was more of a leader though he'd have already got 25 goals and we wouldn't be wishing we'd not got rid of our top scorer!

Its very difficult to tell how we or Hudders played listening to miserable OCD Ed on the radio.

having seen on the highlights how hudersfield kept up the high tempo attacks, overloading down their left, 0-0 would have been a decent result. Would shackell have got his head to that cross? Maybe.

the effort and commitment looks ok.

the issue for me is simply one of lack of penetration from the attacking midfielders / wide men.

we can do something about that. 

59 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

tbf to Pearson, he realised this - that the more successful teams in the Championship tend to have 2 up top. Unfortunately his solution was to take a body out of midfield to provide the extra striker. And we don't have the TYPES of midfield player who can handle a 2 in midfield without being overrun, so in solving one issue he created another and didn't look like fixing it.

So we perhaps need 2 up top but 3 in central midfield - I wonder if Mac needs to try and build a 3-5-2 a bit like TBE side in the late 90's. Use Anya and Lowe/Christie as wingbacks. 3 cd's - I would suggest Keogh, Pearce and Rawson.

If he's going to do something like this he needs to start pdq and it is risky trying to build a new system when you are not in a comfortable league position and need points on the board.

Who'd be a football manager eh?

I remember he tried a back 3 in the first half against chesterfield in the fa cup a couple of years ago ! It's was Albentosa s first game and he got injured and had to come off at half time . I like the idea of a back 3 ! 

Seen the highlights on YouTube.

Can't see why people are blaming Keogh really. Christie moves out to cover the man that Anya has let go - he has to, can't let him run at him so has to get tight. Keogh has to move across to cover Christie, gets caught one on one with a tricky winger who gets the cross in. No mistake by Keogh there - he hasn't dived in, he's stood him up and exerted pressure on him. Ball goes over Pearce who has come across to cover. Olsson lets his man get the run on him and gets beaten in the air yet again.

I would only really blame Anya and Olsson there and even then I'm hesitant to blame Anya as I can't see hat has happened before hand.

Teams all over this league concede last minute goals. It's the nature of the game these days. As defensive players tire, the use of substitutes becomes more and more important as we saw yesterday - their substitute set up the goal.

Not all doom and gloom. We went to the third placed team in the league and were 30 econds away from getting a good point. Complete overeaction from some people on here I think.

2 hours ago, TopRam said:

Amazed how much endless conversation, in and around this club regarding formation. Other teams just seem to get on with it. Burnley have been adjusting their formation of recent, but it hasn't ended in them turning in lousy performances in the process. Let's face it our current squad just isn't that great. 

3 minutes ago, europia said:

Amazed how much endless conversation, in and around this club regarding formation. Other teams just seem to get on with it. Burnley have been adjusting their formation of recent, but it hasn't ended in them turning in lousy performances in the process. Let's face it our current squad just isn't that great. 

100% agree 

2 minutes ago, Steve How Hard!!! said:

Thanks for reminding me of the man who is partly to blame for the predicament we find ourselves in. :whistle:

I was going to post thanks for reminding me things could be worse but I didn't want to send the old boy over the edge. 

Archived