Huddersfield Town v Derby County

Bwash_Ram

34 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

And yet you thought he'd get us promoted, whereas McClaren is a clown for playing a major role in Bryson's best career to date?

Until Thorne was fit , u stupid ? Bryson was doing  a job for the club to the detriment of himself , what part of that don't u understand ? As for mclaren being anything to do with Craig's good season , give me peace 

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look a few on here blamed Pearson for where we are and wanted him out.

Well he's gone and we are no further forward, in fact we are now in a worse position than when he was here - we are 21st.

Cannot blame Mac either, same as I cannot blame Wassall or Clement before him, players are he issue here, the quality of the squad.

2 minutes ago, lrm14 said:

Jesus christ you'd have thought we lost to a ******* sunday league side here. We've lost to one of the best sides in the league so far this season and it took a last minute winner to get it. We've earned more points without Pearson in half the games, and we're playing significantly better stuff. Some of you need to get a grip.

We were battered by a team who we really should be beating. Huddersfield was the easiest of our next three games and we were lucky it was only 1-0. Someone needs to get a grip... On this Derby team that needs a serious sorting out. 

2 minutes ago, toddy said:

The problems are in the squad of players which are not good enough to compete at this level.

I know its bad we are happy we got a point at home to Brentford, a place more famous for its nylons than its football!

I will grant you there are quite a few problems in the squad but it's as if Pearson did anything to fix it, once again he exacerbated it. I too dislike that we are in a situation where a point against Brentford is considered was a decent result  but unfortunately that's the situation we find ourselves in and it was a reasonable point against a decent side.

1 minute ago, cannable said:

Well yeah… as he's the one that's put us in the position in which we require;

A. A philosophy

B. A rebuild

Nope, the current issues were there from January onwards, under Clement, continued under Wassall, then Pearson now Mac.

29 minutes ago, cannable said:

McClaren's trying to impose a culture on the squad. Warnock's aim is pure results football. Two totally different jobs. 

Okay. Great news! Thanks for clarifying that Warnock wins while Mclaren loses but in the end we will have a culture and they won't. I feel much better. :thumbsup:

... I'll trust you that it's a nice culture and that we will get it in the next couple seasons. 

Just now, toddy said:

Nope, the current issues were there from January onwards, under Clement, continued under Wassall, then Pearson now Mac.

Well if they weren't there before January you must have specific players in mind - are they meant to be the bad apples?

2 minutes ago, toddy said:

Look a few on here blamed Pearson for where we are and wanted him out.

Well he's gone and we are no further forward, in fact we are now in a worse position than when he was here - we are 21st.

Cannot blame Mac either, same as I cannot blame Wassall or Clement before him, players are he issue here, the quality of the squad.

In terms of league position we haven't improved but our points total has more than doubled in less games.

Just now, toddy said:

Nope, Wassall definitely managed to sort out as much of Clement's mess as he possibly could without a transfer window! 

3 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Okay. Great news! Thanks for clarifying that Warnock wins while Mclaren loses but in the end we will have a culture and they won't. I feel much better. :thumbsup:

... I'll trust you that it's a nice culture and that we will get it in the next couple seasons. 

Ooooooo! A close-minded one I see! 

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Well if they weren't there before January you must have specific players in mind - are they meant to be the bad apples?

Not talking about any fruit, the squad is not and was not good enough back in 13/14, 14/15 or 15/16 -the poor performances has been here since January and under 5 different managers.

Last minute winners are hard to take and we all seek an explanation as to why. Personally I believe this squad needs a complete overhaul. Individually the players we have are good but none compliment each other. 

BJ we've made into a Thorne roll, sorry he's best in a 442 on the left. Butterfield is best in behind two strikers, we have one. 

Ince is best in a free roll in the middle, we have him on the wing.

Anya on the wing with a target man to hit with crosses , we don't have one

Vydra playing off a hold up forward ( deeney ) we loaned out the one we had. 

Bryson playing off a hold up forward

Hughes can adapt but even he's confused 

It's all over the place hence goals scored , Poor 

10 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

We were battered by a team who we really should be beating. Huddersfield was the easiest of our next three games and we were lucky it was only 1-0. Someone needs to get a grip... On this Derby team that needs a serious sorting out. 

So why do you think Wolves away (18th in the table) is a harder game than Huddersfield away (3rd in the table)? We're not in 2014 anymore, Huddersfield are a seriously good side now. 

6 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Ah so you're going to overlook the fact they've had an easier three fixtures, that the job there is very different to the one here and that three fixtures is hardly anything like a good sample size. 

11 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

We were far from battered hence why it was 1-0 and why nearly everyone commenting on the game saying it should have been a draw. Huddersfield are a good team hence why they sit third in the league

9 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

In terms of league position we haven't improved but our points total has more than doubled in less games.

But we are in a worse position, at this rate, you be telling me in May we relegated but we got more pts than under Pearson.

Just now, toddy said:

But we are in a worse position, at this rate, you be telling me in May we relegated but we got more pts than under Pearson.

Now you're just being silly. Pearson attained 6 points from 9 games, 0.7 points per game. Over a season that would have left us on 31 points and very likely relegated. Since Pearson left we have attained 8 points from 5 games, 1.6 points per game. If we keep that rate up from now till the end of the season we finish on 51 points and would be somewhere in mid table. If we had that rate from the start of the season we would finish on 74 points, which is probably good enough for a top 6 finish.

24 minutes ago, valleyram said:

Until Thorne was fit , u stupid ? Bryson was doing  a job for the club to the detriment of himself , what part of that don't u understand ? As for mclaren being anything to do with Craig's good season , give me peace 

Peace off.

Archived