Huddersfield Town v Derby County

Bwash_Ram

39 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

Right sided centre back, captain... now at Cardiff, who will finish well above us this season. 

Rofl indeed. 

Right sided centre back a problem? It's the other end of the pitch that's the concern. The Keogh hate is baffling to me.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

Reading was a bit late as well I think.

You're right so that's four times and five points lost. Plus we conceded very late to Carlisle although we won on penalties.

dunno what it is ..bad mentality, bad fitness , bad subsitutions , combination of these. 

33 minutes ago, needles said:

Right sided centre back a problem? It's the other end of the pitch that's the concern. The Keogh hate is baffling to me.

Given leadership is a major problem and so is conceding late/stupid goals, I find it baffling there isn't more. 

6 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

Given leadership is a major problem and so is conceding late/stupid goals, I find it baffling there isn't more. 

Do love your new avatar...... what they droning on about ?

2 hours ago, TroyDyer said:

How many times this season have we conceded in the last minute? 

How many times this season have we conceded? 

11 in 14 games.

But yeah, one player called Keogh is the problem here. Such a terrible argument that can't even be quantified by facts or figures.

'But he's not a leader'

How do you know he's not? How do you know what he's like in the dressing room? On the training field? How do you know what he's saying to the other players on the pitch? Just a pathetic agenda against one of our most consistent and professional players.

1 hour ago, TroyDyer said:

Well, it's all about opinions on here. Keep reading, you might pick up some more sensible ones. :p

This may be just me but very troubling is mcclarens chasing after draws and single points "we almost did it" he said "Scotty Carson almost won us a point" ... so this is the winning mentality that we signed up for? Drawing is NOT winning. Losers play to draw; winners play to win. Huddersfield may have had a good start and a German manager but Liverpool they are not.

For all of Pearson's failings he tried to win every football game and he always went for the win with very attacking changes when it was getting late and it was still 0/0. This guy in 2 consecutive games at 81 mins and 71 mins respectively takes off our £8.5m striker to be replaced by Bent rather then adding a second striker to get the 3 points.

Mcclaren played for draws at Newcastle and that didn't get him very far. In this league always play to win Steve.

The good news is that he has no choice  to try to win games or he will be out of a job. 

3 minutes ago, Ninos said:

For all of Pearson's failings he tried to win every football game and he always went for the win with very attacking changes when it was getting late and it was still 0/0. This guy in 2 consecutive games at 81 mins and 71 mins respectively takes off our £8.5m striker to be replaced by Bent rather then adding a second striker to get the 3 points

:lol: :lol:

Sure he did. 

We're in the middle of a tough run of games, so it's probably worth not expecting miracles at this stage. This was always a game we were likely to lose, given that Huddersfield are playing with freedom and confidence while our reputation is weighing heavily on us. 

In the past three weeks, we have played four sides who currently sit in the top half and we play two top six sides before November is out.

Lightning rarely strikes twice, never mind in the same place. So it was always a big ask for McClaren to make an immediate impact and hit the ground running like he did in his previous spell.

if there is any possibility of our season sparking into life, I'm looking to December through to February. McClaren needs more time to bring the team together and rid them of some of their mental baggage.

You only have to look at the chances that Vydra is missing to quickly pinpoint what is missing in our team. Freedom. You can see how the pressure of being our record signing and the focal point of our attack and coming into a side that has been struggling to score goals could be hanging like a dark cloud over his head.

There is no poise, there is no composure, there is no calmness. He gets into good positions but then he is continually snatching at opportunities and seeming agitated. He's desperate to make a good impression but it's not easy when you are expected to carry the load almost singlehandedly. It must be suffocating pressure.

What made the 13-14 team so good is that they were free from expectation and pressure. They were free to just play football, whether that meant expressing themselves and being able to take risks.

McClaren needs to let off the shackles...

49 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

We're in the middle of a tough run of games, so it's probably worth not expecting miracles at this stage. This was always a game we were likely to lose, given that Huddersfield are playing with freedom and confidence while our reputation is weighing heavily on us. 

In the past three weeks, we have played four sides who currently sit in the top half and we play two top six sides before November is out.

Lightning rarely strikes twice, never mind in the same place. So it was always a big ask for McClaren to make an immediate impact and hit the ground running like he did in his previous spell.

if there is any possibility of our season sparking into life, I'm looking to December through to February. McClaren needs more time to bring the team together and rid them of some of their mental baggage.

You only have to look at the chances that Vydra is missing to quickly pinpoint what is missing in our team. Freedom. You can see how the pressure of being our record signing and the focal point of our attack and coming into a side that has been struggling to score goals could be hanging like a dark cloud over his head.

There is no poise, there is no composure, there is no calmness. He gets into good positions but then he is continually snatching at opportunities and seeming agitated. He's desperate to make a good impression but it's not easy when you are expected to carry the load almost singlehandedly. It must be suffocating pressure.

What made the 13-14 team so good is that they were free from expectation and pressure. They were free to just play football, whether that meant expressing themselves and being able to take risks or whatever. They simply played with freedom and smiles on faces, not frozen with fear.

McClaren needs to let off the shackles...

Late night edit! Falling asleep on the keyboard, apologies everyone! :lol:

2 hours ago, Ninos said:

This may be just me but very troubling is mcclarens chasing after draws and single points "we almost did it" he said "Scotty Carson almost won us a point" ... so this is the winning mentality that we signed up for? Drawing is NOT winning. Losers play to draw; winners play to win. Huddersfield may have had a good start and a German manager but Liverpool they are not.

I hadn't heard this but you're right that this is not what I remember from mcclaren round 1. 

I'm sure we're all hoping that we've brought back the 13/14 manager,  not the version from late 14/15 and who didn't inspire at either forest or Newcastle. 

It was early positivity such as bringing a forward on to take 3 points at Watford which endeared schteve to us a few short years ago. Circumstances are surely different for the team now but an element of going down fighting might help morale. If we are looking like carrying a threat to the end it might make teams think twice before piling everyone forward and overrunning our defence. 

Did he really say "scotty " about Carson?  I hope were not reverting to cheesy familiarity.  "Keezy ":lol:

6 hours ago, nottingram said:

How many times this season have we conceded? 

11 in 14 games.

But yeah, one player called Keogh is the problem here. Such a terrible argument that can't even be quantified by facts or figures.

'But he's not a leader'

How do you know he's not? How do you know what he's like in the dressing room? On the training field? How do you know what he's saying to the other players on the pitch? Just a pathetic agenda against one of our most consistent and professional players.

How do I know he's not a leader? Because I have eyes. 

A man that flaps at everything and blames everyone around him for his own failings is not a leader. 

I've watched him too. Always everyone fault but his and yet he is to blame more often than not.  Thankfully, no one seems to take any notice of him. Watch him give out the orders when defending corners. The bloke hasn't got a clue. 

Just thought I'd post to say well done to the travelling Rams once again yesterday. The away end looked packed and the support is always in numbers.

Listened on radio Derby whilst driving my kid to dancing in Sheffield and we could hear some of the songs. My kid was clapping and singing along in the car.

Probably more appropriate than sticking on my Carcass cd actually and a lot more fun! ?

COYR!

I had to sit with the Huddersfield fans for the match (opposite end to our fans )so my perspective may be slightly different.

I thought first half we played pretty well without creating much . We pressed high up the field working hard  and broke up their play .Johnson was epic protecting back 4 .However our passing in the final 1/3  of the pitch and crossing  was abysmal.

Christie managed to get 1 decent cross in (all match ) and Vydra fluffed a fairly decent header.

Second half was much of the same until Huddersfield made  two substitutions after which it was pretty much all Huddersfield.

The Huddersfield fans were getting increasingly frustrated by their teams poor display  and a lot of fans had their head in their  hands  -they were not happy .Our defensive display and time wasting looked to be giving us a good away point  until Bent lost the ball  and it was played down our right side . Christie and Anya  defended  poorly  and the resulting cross bounced off the Huddersfield attacker into our net . 

I think we deserved a point. we didn't look like scoring at any point 

3 hours ago, TroyDyer said:

How do I know he's not a leader? Because I have eyes. 

A man that flaps at everything and blames everyone around him for his own failings is not a leader. 

Of our recent managers, the only one to not make him captain was Clement.

By all accounts Pearson wanted to shake things up. He bombed out a far more popular player with the fans as soon as he could. He dropped Hughes at the start of the season. He sees them on the training ground every day and knows what the players are like. And he still made Keogh captain? Did he do that because he's not a leader? 

Again, your agenda that Keogh is poisonous and at fault for Derby being rubbish just cannot be qualified or quantified with anything.

5 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Of our recent managers, the only one to not make him captain was Clement.

By all accounts Pearson wanted to shake things up. He bombed out a far more popular player with the fans as soon as he could. He dropped Hughes at the start of the season. He sees them on the training ground every day and knows what the players are like. And he still made Keogh captain? Did he do that because he's not a leader? 

Again, your agenda that Keogh is poisonous and at fault for Derby being rubbish just cannot be qualified or quantified with anything.

I don't subscribe to that "managers have made him captain so he must be good" idea. 

All of those managers failed. Got sacked, chucked back with the kids etc. 

We are 21st in the league. 

Archived