Huddersfield Town v Derby County

Bwash_Ram

1 minute ago, brady1993 said:

Now you're just being silly. Pearson attained 6 points from 9 games, 0.7 points per game. Over a season that would have left us on 31 points and very likely relegated. Since Pearson left we have attained 8 points from 5 games, 1.6 points per game. If we keep that rate up from now till the end of the season we finish on 51 points and would be somewhere in mid table. If we had that rate from the start of the season we would finish on 74 points, which is probably good enough for a top 6 finish.

you forget we are now 21st and in a worse position.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, cannable said:

Do you ever get the feeling that some folk were just waiting for our first loss just so they could have a moan and use it to try and justify their point of view? 

More underlying problems than that I'm afraid. 

35 minutes ago, lrm14 said:

Jesus christ you'd have thought we lost to a ******* sunday league side here. We've lost to one of the best sides in the league so far this season and it took a last minute winner to get it. We've earned more points without Pearson in half the games, and we're playing significantly better stuff. Some of you need to get a grip.

Significantly better stuff?!?!

1 minute ago, brady1993 said:

Ah ok so you are just going to completely disregard everything I just wrote. We are in 21st right now because of the crap start to the season not because of the past 6 games.

We are 21st because the players we have are not good enough.

8 minutes ago, toddy said:

We were 20th weren't we when he was pushed?

We were also 5th and 5 points off top when Clement was pushed..... wonder who called for him to be axed.....

4 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

Significantly better doesn't equate to great or even good but it's still significantly better.

Not too sure...... 

Just now, toddy said:

We are 21st because the players we have are not good enough.

Urgh. This is just getting irritating now, we are going round in circles and you are spending zero time in actually addressing what I've written.

Believe what you want but I'm done arguing with you.

I think fans want one of two things. Play fantastic exciting football, get beat 5-4 but go down swinging. Or...play boring possession football, grind out 1 nils and get promotion. The billy era. 

We are neither. Football is crap. Can't score and can't hold tight at the back. 

Its depressing to watch, and had I been shown a trailer before I renewed, I wouldn't have. 

1 hour ago, cannable said:

Just some perspective;

• Our manager has had three matches having been in the job nine days

• So, accounting for cooldown days, that's five training sessions

• The squad is a mess, the last three transfer windows have caused massive damage to the make-up and footballing ideology of the squad

• Confidence is low

• We are having to shoehorn players into unfamiliar roles

• We played third in the league

• They are also a side notorious for their fitness levels which has resulted in them snatching nine additional points in the last fifteen minutes of games

Now ask yourself; is today really worth the reaction some on here are producing? 

Farcical.

More clueless rubbish from you Cannable. 

And as always I agree with you. 

But the correct answer is effort. If Derby players put the effort in then they'd beat everyone else.

I remember that time we beat Brighton in the play offs. We put effort in and they didn't. 

I remember when we drew 3-3 with Sheff Wednesday. We didn't put any effort in until injury time and that's exactly when they stopped trying.

And I remember when we lost to Huddersfield 1-0 away. How we tried really hard for 92 minutes and then quit. 

That's why it's irrelevant that McClaren has been here about 8/9 days, had 3 recovery days and 3 match days. It's irrelevant (as Craig Ramage said) where teams are in the league. 

I quote Mr Ramage

"We should be beating teams like Huddersfield. I don't care where they are in the league".

We should also be beating small clubs like Bournemouth and Swansea. I don't care where they are in the league. 

No, McClaren and the players aren't trying hard enough. It's that simple. 

11 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

I think fans want one of two things. Play fantastic exciting football, get beat 5-4 but go down swinging. Or...play boring possession football, grind out 1 nils and get promotion. The billy era. 

We are neither. Football is crap. Can't score and can't hold tight at the back. 

Its depressing to watch, and had I been shown a trailer before I renewed, I wouldn't have. 

So what do you want exactly.

All the players that have been bottling it all sold? Look at the team that bottled it in 2010, 2014 and today. The team is always changing. It guarantees nothing. 

You maybe think Pearson could have turned it around? Based on? 

Or you expected McClaren to turn it around inside 9 days (3 recovery and 3 match days) and return it to how it was with the bottlers of 2014 but a little bit better? 

I don't get your angle, that's all.

Just now, Alpha said:

So what do you want exactly.

All the players that have been bottling it all sold? Look at the team that bottled it in 2010, 2014 and today. The team is always changing. It guarantees nothing. 

You maybe think Pearson could have turned it around? Based on? 

Or you expected McClaren to turn it around inside 9 days (3 recovery and 3 match days) and return it to how it was with the bottlers of 2014 but a little bit better? 

I don't get your angle, that's all.

Does he have to spell I hate Keogh out to you? ;)

Archived