Martin or Vydra

DCFC4LIFE

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Both.. It is okay to have options. If we are playing 4-3-3 then we have no real reason to sell Martin. Doubt Fulham would take up the option on him unless he has an amazing run. 

One of the weakness in the formation over the last few years has been the lack of decent cover in key positions and that is what SM has to address. I would like players to be tapping on the shoulder of the manager if they are not playing and someone in their position is off form.

Together they could be quite special and for all my criticsm of NP he did bring in a couple of top players. We now need to shift out those who don't play in our formation and look out of place. 

NP early on was saying that teams who do best in this division tend to play with 2 up front. 

I think he tried to build from this belief but messed up because our relatively small skilful midfield is best playing in a 3 in the middle. 

I'd like personally to see if mcClaren can evolve his previous 433,  which as we all know places heavy reliance on one central striker to be able to accommodate 2 genuine forwards - which could be Martin and vydra if the former is recoverable from Fulham. 

We had our pants down again with Vydra. Not worth anywhere near the amount we paid. I see him as a Darren Bent mark II, but with better workrate and fresher legs due to age.

Hopefully I'm proved wrong, but I just don't think he suits McClaren's style and I think like Bent his presence and inabiity to hold the ball up will put us under increased pressure, especially on the road.

16 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

NP early on was saying that teams who do best in this division tend to play with 2 up front. 

I think he tried to build from this belief but messed up because our relatively small skilful midfield is best playing in a 3 in the middle. 

I'd like personally to see if mcClaren can evolve his previous 433,  which as we all know places heavy reliance on one central striker to be able to accommodate 2 genuine forwards - which could be Martin and vydra if the former is recoverable from Fulham. 

At the minute I'd say Vydra because he's the only option and as others have said the team need to understand his game and look for his runs, Martin would clearly suit our style BUT the last sentence above would be my wish too, if Martin is "recoverable" from Fulham? 

I'd love to see Vydra play off Martin like he did Deeney could even mean Ince roaming free either wing behind.

Just now, Bris Vegas said:

I'm more right than wrong on football matters

Yeah like Congratulations to Wassall 

or Pearson to Boro earlier on this year OKAYYYYYY if you say so Lololololol.. 

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

We had our pants down again with Vydra. Not worth anywhere near the amount we paid. I see him as a Darren Bent mark II, but with better workrate and fresher legs due to age.

Hopefully I'm proved wrong, but I just don't think he suits McClaren's style and I think like Bent his presence and inabiity to hold the ball up will put us under increased pressure, especially on the road.

Yes we are paying a lot for him and I do believe vydra to be a very good player but he needs the physical presence near him and hopfully one with a football brain which we do still own but is at Fulham currently, together we could become a very dangerous side and time will tell.

Archived