Martin or Vydra

DCFC4LIFE

9 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

well, I can promise I will practice the pronunciation to be ready to join in as soon as mastered.

Take the plunge and start the song or no video :D

I can't start it myself unfortunately, I'm in the north stand and it's impossible to get any song started let alone a more unusual one!

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, DerbyRam! said:

Take the plunge and start the song or no video :D

I can't start it myself unfortunately, I'm in the north stand and it's impossible to get any song started let alone a more unusual one!

but we are playing away on Saturday! We will all be in the same stand.

16 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

but we are playing away on Saturday! We will all be in the same stand.

I'm getting my dates mixed up!, fair enough. Fancy meeting up in the stand before the match? Good old Huddersfield, will be a great atmosphere as it normally is and for me, with my dad originally from Huddersfield, it has that added edge(along with several auntie's and uncles who are in the home end!).

7 minutes ago, angieram said:

I'll join in if you post the video beforehand so we can all have a practice. 

If you're bashful just do an audio. 

That's exactly what I was thinking :lol:

You realise how awful this will sound on my own, I honestly can't sing and I am grateful my voice blends in with 1000 other derby fans who can't sing....anyone up for a Brunswick meet tomorrow night before the Brentford game? We could grab a drink and a recording then :D 

4 minutes ago, DerbyRam! said:

That's exactly what I was thinking :lol:

You realise how awful this will sound on my own, I honestly can't sing and I am grateful my voice blends in with 1000 other derby fans who can't sing....anyone up for a Brunswick meet tomorrow night before the Brentford game? We could grab a drink and a recording then :D 

there is software available for free that allows to record and duplicate vocals to make it sound like a crowd.

1 minute ago, Mostyn6 said:

there is software available for free that allows to record and duplicate vocals to make it sound like a crowd.

:lol::lol: I'm not sure multiplying my vocals to simulate a crowd will be a good idea for your ears

How about the Brunswick meet? It's about time I met a few people from here.

5 hours ago, barnsley ram said:

why does everyone have to put bent down when we mention other strikers none of them you have mentioned will get anywhere near his goal scoring record also played for england now past his best of course but lets show a little respect

In no way am I trying to put bents carreer down, don't read it like that- I'm just referencing his time at Derby since he joined us, he's in no way a donkey, just past his best now it happens to every player. 100% agree none of our strikers will be as good as bent was, he's one of the greatest finishers of his generation and indeed premier league history, And I'm sure a great influence to the youngsters in the academy 

8 minutes ago, DerbyRam! said:

:lol::lol: I'm not sure multiplying my vocals to simulate a crowd will be a good idea for your ears

How about the Brunswick meet? It's about time I met a few people from here.

I'll be a late arrival coming from t'other side, sorry.

On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 13:39, DCFC4LIFE said:

Who do you think?

I like the look of Vydra but not sure he can play the lone striker role in the 4 3 3. I think he might be able to play wide with maybe Blackman playing centrally to give the team a bit more of a presence up top (until Martin comes back, if he does).

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I like the look of Vydra but not sure he can play the lone striker role in the 4 3 3. I think he might be able to play wide with maybe Blackman playing centrally to give the team a bit more of a presence up top (until Martin comes back, if he does).

Why would Vydra play a lone striker in 4-3-3?

4 hours ago, Jon_Grooves said:

Anyone that wants Martin back is an idiot. Stop living in the past, weve got vydra now

Anyone who thinks our top goalscorer for the past three seasons could do a better job than some of the rubbish we have here (Bent, Blackman etc.) is an idiot clearly. Anyone who likes having a Plan A (Vydra) and Plan B (Martin) rather than Plan A (Vydra) and Plan C (Bent/Blackman) is an idiot. :pinch:

2 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

Anyone who thinks our top goalscorer for the past three seasons could do a better job than some of the rubbish we have here (Bent, Blackman etc.) is an idiot clearly. Anyone who likes having a Plan A (Vydra) and Plan B (Martin) rather than Plan A (Vydra) and Plan C (Bent/Blackman) is an idiot. :pinch:

More of a Plan 'Why God? Why?' than a Plan C.

OK, Bent is useless for us, Blackman also hasnt done anything, so Im not sure why you mentioned them in response to what i said because i didnt say anything about them.

Martin is a moody man, who drops to the floor at the slightest touch, he was our topscorer for the past few seasons but there should be emphasis on 'WAS'. Try being forward thinking. Martins time at Derby is up and Vydra's work rate is much higher than Martins and in my opinion is a better player than Martin.

Did Martin get us up? No. Try a change ay

9 minutes ago, Jon_Grooves said:

OK, Bent is useless for us, Blackman also hasnt done anything, so Im not sure why you mentioned them in response to what i said because i didnt say anything about them.

They were mentioned because you seem to be making a case that Martin shouldn't be at the club full stop. When surely he has to a better option than those two.

5 minutes ago, Jon_Grooves said:

His attitude stinks though

I don't buy this argument in the slightest. If his attitude was so bad, why would he turn up two weeks early for pre-season this year? Why would Nigel Clough, a colossal stickler for bringing in players of the right attitude, sign him ?

8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Blimey I didn't realise it was all his fault for us not going up!

A change would be Vydra and Martin.

It was his fault he got injured and precipitated us losing form, clearly. Should've worked harder.

7 minutes ago, Jon_Grooves said:

His attitude stinks though

Says who? Pearson? A man who can barely control himself in front of the media and clearly can't in front of Mel Morris.

Martin, who returned to pre-season 2 weeks early has a poor attitude. I wish other people with poor attitudes had that sort of attitude.

Archived