McClaren's First Interview

Nuwtfly

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Hi you'll need to re-read your post what you've put. 

Get with the program.

What's the age got to do with it?

As the poster didn't interpret the basic sarcasm, like yourself, I am questioning his/her age due to their inability to interpret this.

Seriously???

At this point in the dialogue which commenced around Derby being a laughing stock due to our managerial merry go round, a poster put forward that we are not, stating what they thought were the reasons that the managers were let go. I responded with 'who employed them in the first place', although they don't seem to be aware of who this was.

Do you think SM will achieve the same or more than say, Jim Smith?

Feel free to draw parallels.

6 minutes ago, Muskination said:

Get with the program.

As the poster didn't interpret the basic sarcasm, like yourself, I am questioning his/her age due to their inability to interpret this.

At this point in the dialogue which commenced around Derby being a laughing stock due to our managerial merry go round, a poster put forward that we are not stating what they thought were the reasons that the managers were let go. I responded with 'who employed them in the first place'.

Basic sarcasm? Mate… it didn't work. It didn't make sense. Even if you were being sarcastic it still didn't work.

Babe x

12 minutes ago, Muskination said:

Get with the program.

At this point in the dialogue which commenced around Derby being a laughing stock due to our managerial merry go round, a poster put forward that we are not, stating what they thought were the reasons that the managers were let go. I responded with 'who employed them in the first place', although they don't seem to be aware of who this was.

A point in which you compared to MM to Cellino, and have yet to come close to justifying the comparison. Instead you've ignored challenges to back up your view. You've yet to say why you think we are a laughing stock on the scale you imagine. 

I hope SM will get us promoted, definitely not this season but next, but I don't think he will. I do think he will get us back to setting play-offs as a minimal target, which is where we should be IMO. Regardless, I will support the Rams like I always do.

13 minutes ago, mrdave85 said:

A point in which you compared to MM to Cellino, and have yet to come close to justifying the comparison. Instead you've ignored challenges to back up your view. You've yet to say why you think we are a laughing stock on the scale you imagine. 

I hope SM will get us promoted, definitely not this season but next, but I don't think he will. I do think he will get us back to setting play-offs as a minimal target, which is where we should be IMO. Regardless, I will support the Rams like I always do.

And I will continue to support the Rams as I have done for the past x number of years and always will in to the future.

No need for exaggeration, I did not put a scale to which we are a laughing stock and our managerial merry go round. I said we are a laughing stock.

And please, but if I must, Cellino sacks managers on a regular basis (and I don't know if you caught the irony but it is Leeds, one of our greatest rivals), and MM is currently sacking managers on a more regular basis.

Who, in your opinion, is the most effective and efficient football club owner in the Championship at the present time?

4 minutes ago, Muskination said:

And I will continue to support the Rams have I have done for the past x number of years and always will in to the future.

No need for exaggeration, I did not put a scale to which we are a laughing stock and our managerial merry go round. I said we are a laughing stock.

And please, but if I must, Cellino sacks managers on a regular basis (and I don't know if you caught the irony but it is Leeds, one of our greatest rivals), and MM is currently sacking managers on a more regular basis.

Who, in your opinion, is the most effective and efficient football club owner in the Championship at the present time?

It doesn't feel like it's exaggeration, I said I didn't think we were a laughing stock, you replied by telling me some ex-pros had put their oar in. I don't feel like we're a laughing stock, you do. I am trying to find out why you think this? 

Comparing Cellino to MM, again, is not similar. MM has sacked one manager for footballing reasons (PC), DW was a end-of-season contract, all parties knew that going into it. NP was sacked due to off-the-field digressions (which I believe we will never fully know what happened) and CP was placed caretaker for two games. MM has sacked 2 managers by my count, hardly on a par with Cellino.

Is 2 sackings, 1 because of disciplinary procedures (or pre-disciplinary, officially) making us a laughing stock? 

I don't know enough about how other football clubs are run in the Championship, beyond ourselves, to really give you the discussion you'd like on this. TBH, I don't really care about how they are run either, I only care about DCFC, and IMO we're doing just fine, so I'm the wrong person to ask. 

28 minutes ago, Muskination said:

Get with the program.

I'll assume this was aimed at me.

Look flower, although i must admit your inane dribble over the last few hours have given us all a jolly good laugh and your inept ability to grasp sarcasm and basic banter, it is starting to get a little bit boring now.

So i'll try to explain my reasons for MM is nothing like Cellino. Now read it slowly so you can understand.

Clement was sacked because he didn't adhere to the plans set out by MM. Mel has already spoken of this on air.

Pearson went because of his behaviour.

We have had 3 managers in the last 12 months, not 4, not 5, not 6........3.

He backed his managers financially 100%, he works on a blameless culture, ie, you want it you get it.

So no, he's nothing like Cellino.

And just so you can sleep tonight, it was MM who hired them. And on their track record/reputations why wouldn't he of employed them?.

2 minutes ago, mrdave85 said:

It doesn't feel like it's exaggeration, I said I didn't think we were a laughing stock, you replied by telling me some ex-pros had put their oar in. I don't feel like we're a laughing stock, you do. I am trying to find out why you think this? 

Comparing Cellino to MM, again, is not similar. MM has sacked one manager for footballing reasons (PC), DW was a end-of-season contract, all parties knew that going into it. NP was sacked due to off-the-field digressions (which I believe we will never fully know what happened) and CP was placed caretaker for two games. MM has sacked 2 managers by my count, hardly on a par with Cellino.

Is 2 sackings, 1 because of disciplinary procedures (or pre-disciplinary, officially) making us a laughing stock? 

I don't know enough about how other football clubs are run in the Championship, beyond ourselves, to really give you the discussion you'd like on this. TBH, I don't really care about how they are run either, I only care about DCFC, and IMO we're doing just fine, so I'm the wrong person to ask. 

Well, if you don't have an opinion on how like clubs are conducting their business, how can you possibly have a balanced view to form a comparison when it comes to our club, resulting in the laughing stock discourse?

Also, how on earth would you have any idea what the reasons are behind any of the managerial comings and goings at our club? I hope you're not basing your opinion on the extremely small window of information/innuendo/opinion posted on here?

6 minutes ago, Muskination said:

Well, if you don't have an opinion on how like clubs are conducting their business, how can you possibly have a balanced view to form a comparison when it comes to our club, resulting in the laughing stock discourse?

Also, how on earth would you have any idea what the reasons are behind any of the managerial comings and goings at our club? I hope you're not basing your opinion on the extremely small window of information/innuendo/opinion posted on here?

:lol::lol:

He's got ya there dave :blink:

1 minute ago, Muskination said:

Because, as others have tirelessly pointed out to you, MM has done things for the best interest of the club. If he turned around and raised ST by 80% I would base an opinion that I am displeased at how it is ran. I don't need to know how other clubs are run to have an opinion about the club I support.

And I'm not claiming to, a quick Google search has this quote from MM on PC, 

"The priorities were building on the Derby way and style of football enjoyed in the past two seasons, adding depth and strength to our playing squad," said Morris.

He also said the club needed to develop and improve player and team performance.

"Sadly, on these measurements, we have not made enough progress and that is why we have decided to part company with Paul. 08/02/2016 

In the same article it also states "Academy director Darren Wassall will take over for the rest of the season". 

I also apologise, NP left by mutual consent (again, a quick Google search). 

So please, explain:

24 minutes ago, Muskination said:

MM is currently sacking managers on a more regular basis.

As his tally, technically, is 1. 

1 hour ago, Muskination said:

Because someone puts forward a point that you may not entirely like doesn't mean that they have a problem. More likely that you have a problem.

Okay I'll rephrase that, you haven't got a problem, what is it that you're trying to put across cos I'm missing the point of what you're saying. Will you clarify it?

Edit: don't bother I quickly skim read you ranting on. #trollontommy Was far too busy listening to RD interview with Mac & Sam to get back to you sooner...

5 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

I'll assume this was aimed at me.

Look flower, although i must admit your inane dribble over the last few hours have given us all a jolly good laugh and your inept ability to grasp sarcasm and basic banter, it is starting to get a little bit boring now.

So i'll try to explain my reasons for MM is nothing like Cellino. Now read it slowly so you can understand.

Clement was sacked because he didn't adhere to the plans set out by MM. Mel has already spoken of this on air.

Pearson went because of his behaviour.

We have had 3 managers in the last 12 months, not 4, not 5, not 6........3.

He backed his managers financially 100%, he works on a blameless culture, ie, you want it you get it.

So no, he's nothing like Cellino.

And just so you can sleep tonight, it was MM who hired them. And on their track record/reputations why wouldn't he of employed them?.

You're having a laugh. You have absolutely next to no idea of the reasoning behind the managerial appointments or sackings, nor any grasp of management speak if you take verbatim what MM or any other senior party espouses on air. You have no idea of the culture he espouses either unless you can reveal you are a member of the Board, trusted staff, or higher.

At least tell me that you have formed your opinions from other sources other than this very small message board and your mates down the pub.

We have had three managers and two stand in managers for the pedantic or four in a year, whichever pleases you the most. And just for the record, which sponsor did Just Eat beat out to gain shirt sponsorship? Feel free to google away. It may not be there.

1 minute ago, Tombo said:

I love how the same people that claim Pearson wasn't given enough time are now writing off the return of the best manager in a decade before he's even had one game. 

I've even seen one person talking about Mac playing people in the wrong positions, yet defending Pearson for not having enough time. Oh the irony.

5 minutes ago, Muskination said:

You're having a laugh. You have absolutely next to no idea of the reasoning behind the managerial appointments or sackings, nor any grasp of management speak if you take verbatim what MM or any other senior party espouses on air. You have no idea of the culture he espouses either unless you can reveal you are a member of the Board, trusted staff, or higher.

At least tell me that you have formed your opinions from other sources other than this very small message board and your mates down the pub.

We have had three managers and two stand in managers for the pedantic or four in a year, whichever pleases you the most. And just for the record, which sponsor did Just Eat beat out to gain shirt sponsorship? Feel free to google away. It may not be there.

Think he's got you now mwram!! :D:lol::blink:

Musk, I've decided you're clearly on the WUM, so I'm out. 

13 minutes ago, Muskination said:

Just to put things into context here - 

Since taking a controlling stake in Leeds United FC Massimo Cellinio has -

Sacked 6 permanent managers - Brian McDermott (twice), Dave Hockaday, Darko Milanic, Neil Redfern, Uwe Rosler & Steve Evans.

He's also been banned from attended his clubs games due to a suspension by the FA (twice)

He currently has 4 cases under by the FA for rule breeches.

Attempted to ban Sky cameras from televising a home game against...  Derby County

Since taking a controlling stake in Derby County FC Mel Morris has - 

Sacked 3 permanent managers - Schteve, PC & Big Nige

Backed his managers to the hilt in each transfer window

Invested millions of pounds in improving the academy to Level 1 standard

Invested heavily in the training facilities 

Cleared debts

Archived