McClaren's First Interview

Nuwtfly

1 minute ago, Muskination said:

Not knocking Mel in the slightest but now you mention it, what "outside influences" can an effective owner be affected by to see him appoint three managers and two stand in managers in just over a year of ownership. 

It wasn't working, who cares how many. It's stupid and/or stubborn to stick with the wrong man. Where's PC now? We'll see with Pearson but god knows what football would be like if we stuck with him. What's the problem? Oh yeah *everyone* is laughing at us!

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Muskination said:

Not knocking Mel in the slightest but now you mention it, what "outside influences" can an effective owner be affected by to see him appoint three managers and two stand in managers in just over a year of ownership. 

Paul clement was his first appointment and was sacked because he was not following the business plan mm set out and PC AGREED to in the interviews.

Pearson left due to his behaviour

MCclaren was appointed because of the previous incident 

Where's the problem?

13 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

Paul clement was his first appointment and was sacked because he was not following the business plan mm set out and PC AGREED to in the interviews.

Pearson left due to his behaviour

MCclaren was appointed because of the previous incident 

Where's the problem?

Nope, no problem that we make Massimo Cellino look like an amateur.

10 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I'd disagree, I think Clough built the spirit in the squad to a large extent but was not capable of of getting the best football out on the pitch, that spirit slowly writhing in our second season under him was dramatic when the chips were down.

I would say he had us all believing anything was possible, which is different, and something Clough could never have done.

That's kind of how I see it, but i could be wrong.

That's a fair comment. The turnaround was so fast that there was clearly some sort of cohesion there, but our performances pre-McClaren in 2013 did not resemble any sign of us being able to reach the level we did.

So it's not impossible for this squad to reach that level, or higher, even if we currently look incapable of being able to do so with very little cohesion.

14 minutes ago, Muskination said:

Again, Why???

Are you saying Pearson should have been allowed to do what he did to his boss then?

Are you saying Clement shouldn't have gone for not following the plan he agreed to follow in his interviews?

If you did either of those things in your place of work you would be out the door.

Why is MM any different?

3 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

Again, Why???

Are you saying Pearson should have been allowed to do what he did to his boss then?

Are you saying Clement shouldn't have gone for not following the plan he agreed to follow in his interviews?

If you did either of those things in your place of work you would be out the door.

Why is MM any different?

Who employed them?

1 hour ago, Muskination said:

Mostyn has explained the stand in manager reasons, I'm sure you know what PC was up to...

26 minutes ago, Muskination said:

Now who's delusional?

We may have had a bit of a managerial go-round but all have been reasoned away by other posters and I'm not going to repeat them. 

MM is far and away a better owner and we're lucky to have him, with the gift of hindsight I'm sure he wouldn't have made some decisions, same for anyone else. 

Archived