McClaren's First Interview

Nuwtfly

"It was really just an unfortunate end to my tenure here that has really soured things. For myself, staff, players, supporters and, yeah, I've got to accept some responsibility for that. And I do."

Really interesting interview overall. 

What are peoples thoughts on it?

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Nuwtfly said:

"It was really just an unfortunate end to my tenure here that has really soured things. For myself, staff, players, supporters and, yeah, I've got to accept some responsibility for that. And I do."

Really interesting interview overall. 

What are peoples thoughts on it?

Spoke very well, said the right things, and I am looking forward to Saturday.

As I put on the other thread, he started with a bit of humble pie apology - enough I thought. Got a bit choked when he was talking about Gordy.

Reasonably decent interview considering Schteve and the media have never been the best of bedfellows!

Well it's entertaining that's for sure. His job is the easiest of any manager ever. Good group of talented championship players and all he has to do is win a home game.Truly a bit numb on the whole thing - I really am tired of the hype of incoming managers and Colin Gibson interviews. If he doesn't win in 5 games he'll be vilified and gone too just like the rest 

The video just shows he's comfy here that he wants to entertain us with attacking football and that 4-3-3 is prob what he will play ... that's about it really. Everyone on the outside is laughing at us but if he produces that will stop.

Until I take my seat and watch what is put out in front of my eyes I'll reserve all judgement like most of us.

5 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Well it's entertaining that's for sure. His job is the easiest of any manager ever. Good group of talented championship players and all he has to do is win a home game.Truly a bit numb on the whole thing - I really am tired of the hype of incoming managers and Colin Gibson interviews. If he doesn't win in 5 games he'll be vilified and gone too just like the rest 

The video just shows he's comfy here that he wants to entertain us with attacking football and that 4-3-3 is prob what he will play ... that's about it really. Everyone on the outside is laughing at us but if he produces that will stop.

Until I take my seat and watch what is put out in front of my eyes I'll reserve all judgement like most of us.

Everyone laughed when we appointed McClaren last time. 

1 minute ago, Seth's left foot said:

The water is under the bridge, if he gets the team climbing the table playing something close to last time then the fans against his return will quieten down. 

All that I ask from him is 100%... and interviews better than NP's!

In fairness I liked Pearson's interviews and you couldn't do a better job considering how crap we were playing and being unable to win. He pulled no punches. He did come across as antagonistic which would work if he was getting wins. Lose and be brash and you just seem like a sourpuss . 

i like listening to Jorgen Klopp and guardiola talk specifics : e.g.  sweeper keeper and gegenpress so these DCFC manager interviews are all fluff and junk to me. You learn pretty much next to nothing. 

Im looking forward to Mel stepping forward and telling us very publicly what this plan is : the new Derby Way. Be nice to know what we are going to watch. 

Makes me chuckle that everybody else is staring at his hair as well. Couldn't take my eyes off the island. 

In all my sceptical honesty I thought the interview was pretty tame. Appreciated the apology but from there on in I thought the questions (in particular "You looked like you were back where you belonged on the training ground") were loaded to give a good impression to the fans. 

I think given that he's so familiar to us there's very little we're gonna get from interviews we don't already know or can't make educated guesses on. It's more a case of let's just wait and see, and hope it goes better than the managers we've had since he left. 

12 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Yeah nail on the head there.  Some of us are more wrapped up in the romance than others,  but essentially it all comes down to results.  Win our next three and we'll be in dreamland,  lose the next 3 and people will be spitting fire 

7 minutes ago, Howard Canitbé said:

Makes me chuckle that everybody else is staring at his hair as well. Couldn't take my eyes off the island. 

In all my sceptical honesty I thought the interview was pretty tame. Appreciated the apology but from there on in I thought the questions (in particular "You looked like you were back where you belonged on the training ground") were loaded to give a good impression to the fans. 

I think given that he's so familiar to us there's very little we're gonna get from interviews we don't already know or can't make educated guesses on. It's more a case of let's just wait and see, and hope it goes better than the managers we've had since he left. 

Whilst I get your point, I thought there were some very telling comments about us 'losing our way' since he left and that we need to get back to playing exciting football.

14 minutes ago, Ninos said:

His job is the easiest of any manager ever.

You're joking? Half the fans I've spoke to are 'expecting'(!) the play offs this season - I don't care what players you have, getting a team from this position at this stage of the season to top 6 is a mammoth task.

Archived