Steve Bruce

JG400

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have a look at Pat Murphy's Twitter account. It's not a shoo in for Steve Bruce and sounds like it won't be resolved for a couple of days. I would have Bruce instead of Chris Powell - Bruce is proven with 4 promotions to the Premier League, Powell isn't.  Slight concern with Bruce -  looking at his belly and face I'm afraid he'll either have a heart attack , or explode like Mr. Creosote

Is Mel looking for a)get us up or as close to as we can b) looking for a coach to implement his vision or c) just looking to cause as much grief as possible to the "returned season ticket" brigade? 

If its a) go Bruce if its b) try Powell if its a mixture of both, see if we can get Rowett. 

Its not c), but I bet you that some fans will feel like it is. 

He doesn't fit. 

We've heard all about "proven" Nigel Pearson and how he'd have this team promoted. 

We need to get a coach that has a history of playing in the sort of style most of our players have produced their best in. A coach that brings through youth. Then and only then should we base the decision on CV. 

Managers are getting promoted for the first time every year. The experience would be great but it's not essential. 

3 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

HITC did an article a while ago about why he'd be a good fit at Derby. I'd personally take him. Better qualified than Powell, that's for sure. 

Wasn't one of yours was it, I've seen you've joined the dark side!

3 hours ago, Lord_Ram said:

Wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot barge pole, might as well have tried to get neil warnock if were in for Steve Bruce 

if mel is serious about getting back on track to 'the Derby way' them Steve Bruce shouldn't even be considered 

Who wants to be touched with a 10 foot barge pole?

Archived