Player power strikes again

YouRams

18 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I still think that there's a soft underbelly in the current squad that no manager could transform, from the goalkeeper that never comes for crosses, through the captain that throws his arms in the air every time he's pushed, two full backs happier in attack than defence and a succession of forwards who wait for things to happen.

Burnley, Hull et al have grafters who make it hard for the opposition. We need a stronger leader on the pitch, proper defenders and a proven goalscorer.

Let's stop spending £20m on four £5m  run of the mill players and buy two £10m winners.

And change Captain. Keogh performed far better last season when he wasn't captain. 

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not waded through all this so maybe this has been answered

The players were castigated for their performance after the match on Saturday.  They took exception to what was said.

We have been told that the players got together on the Sunday with managerial approval .  They also trained. Then on the Monday am feelings were shared between players and Management and out of this discussion came the team and game plan for Tuesday night. The players trained Mon pm   and everyone got on the bus and went to Cardiff in the evening.

Between training and getting on the bus NP met with MM

So when did the players take their beef to MM ??

56 minutes ago, t'oldu said:

Not waded through all this so maybe this has been answered

The players were castigated for their performance after the match on Saturday.  They took exception to what was said.

We have been told that the players got together on the Sunday with managerial approval .  They also trained. Then on the Monday am feelings were shared between players and Management and out of this discussion came the team and game plan for Tuesday night. The players trained Mon pm   and everyone got on the bus and went to Cardiff in the evening.

Between training and getting on the bus NP met with MM

So when did the players take their beef to MM ??

I guess once a chairman has decided he wants rid of a manager its just a case of when and how.....

Maybe it happened, but surely the captain and the manager would have a relationship where the captain can express players concerns and talk to him about what he thinks works/doesn't work?.

I imagine it would go something like this:

Keogh "Gaffer, the lads have a few concerns with your tactics".

Pearson "We're sticking with 4-4-2, I believe in it and it will just take a few more games to get it right"

Keogh "Yeah like you say, 4-4-2 might be good and like you say we'll get it right gaffer"

Keogh to lads "We're sticking with 4-4-2".

The lads then had no choice but to give Mel a call.

1 hour ago, Super Johnny Russell said:

Maybe it happened, but surely the captain and the manager would have a relationship where the captain can express players concerns and talk to him about what he thinks works/doesn't work?.

I imagine it would go something like this:

Keogh "Gaffer, the lads have a few concerns with your tactics".

Pearson "We're sticking with 4-4-2, I believe in it and it will just take a few more games to get it right"

Keogh "Yeah like you say, 4-4-2 might be good and like you say we'll get it right gaffer"

Keogh to lads "We're sticking with 4-4-2".

The lads then had no choice but to give Mel a call.

Does this look like a man who's so easily confused?

oh okay then

image.jpeg

21 hours ago, YouRams said:

Not once claimed they "conspired" my opinion is their reported actions lead to the sacking. What's with all this legal ***** anyway half the posters on this forum are in trouble if I'm out of line with my posts. 

some realy learned people posting makes you wonder how they find time to make so many posts you would expect a so called legal eagle to be very busy person .

23 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Pathetic how some posters never miss an opportunity to have a cheap pop at Keogh

It's tongue in cheek............ as in It's all Keogh's fault.       Become part of the fans mythology..........

like the German CB !!

1 hour ago, Wolfie20 said:

Pathetic how some posters never miss an opportunity to have a cheap pop at Keogh

Sorry - I think he's a pretty good footballer. I just don't think he's the driving force we need. I also think he would be better in a back three.

3 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Sorry - I think he's a pretty good footballer. I just don't think he's the driving force we need. I also think he would be better in a back three.

I've said this before but in a team that doesn't pass it out from the back he's wasted. It's like if you were to hoof it to Vydra or pump balls in behind for Martin to chase. 

3 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Yes he may well be more suited to a back three, but the odd howler is still likely to happen. Considering what we paid for Keogh he has probably earned his keep, for the effort he has put in. There are others who are probably earning a lot more and coasting.

58 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I've always wondered if he's suited to cover the DM role in thornes absence. 

3 minutes ago, FrostedRam said:

I've always wondered if he's suited to cover the DM role in thornes absence. 

But we'd miss his "runs out of defence with the ball, past the half way line, looses the ball, soils himself, looks like something's going to go pop in his head" antics with both centre backs in place.

It's not a crazy idea though, if you're other options are Hughes, Bryson or Baird......

Archived