" The Perception Of The Club From Outside Is Not Favourable"

TETRA

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Ashz09 said:

Fair enough I shouldn't read to much into the comments section then. Doesn't help when I'm sure the article was posted after the Cardiff game!

To be honest the fact the meeting was before Pearson got suspended says it all to me. 

1 hour ago, curtains said:

Forest lost to Bristol 2-1 we drew 1-1 and were undone by individual mistakes right at the end of the game .

When do the players in your eyes take any responsibility for anything. 

If your idea is to sign footballers who don't make any mistakes we'd end up with a very thin squad...

surely individual mistakes at the end of the game can be factored to fitness and organisation.  Something Mr Pearson was supposed to be influencing. Hmmm...

5 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Of course the view from the outside isn't good atm, we're playing awfully and no one really knows what's going on, but once we hear from the club hopefully it'll all start to make more sense

REALLY ??? I somehow doubt that based on our recent history.

My 2 pence worth

I think Steve Nicholson is referring to everyone outside of club employment, which means he is referring to fans, journalists, football industry, then other clubs' fans.

As for whether it matters how we are perceived, for me, yes and no. If we're successful but people don't like us due to jealousy, I'm fine with it. However, if other clubs, agents and the players they represent see us as difficult, unstable or a poor working environment, then surely that is hugely detrimental to the club? It will affect recruitment, sponsorship, etc.

5 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Newcastle, QPR and Italian clubs were mentioned in the press.

Not saying there was a bidding war but I would be surprised if Forest were the only, and best, club in for his signature.

Fair point but, your comment "mentioned in the press" says a lot. If we were genuinely interested in every player we'd been linked with in the press (and signed only half) we'd have a pretty big squad. 

Also, they must have been pretty rubbish offers/expression of interest if he was without a club from April to September. Was he really holding out for a mid table championship club? 

A few thoughts:

After the Home game against Reading last season, Paul Clement went on Radio Derby and was openly critical of the players. This was the game where Mel was said to have gone into the dressing room afterwards.

Things seemed to go downhill for PC after that and he was sacked. We were told that it wasn't about results.

I heard some time after all this happened from somebody at the BBC that Mel's entry into the dressing room that night was down to his unhappiness with the Radio Derby interview. I was also told that Paul Clement had contacted Radio Derby and asked them to stop playing the interview.

As always, you never know what to believe when you are told these things.

I'm just wondering now whether it's a coincidence that the Pearson falling out seems to have come within days of the post Blackburn, Pearson interview, where he also was very critical of the players.

Perhaps I'm putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5, but it may be that among the constituents that make up Mel's Derby Way, one of them is that employees do not criticise the club or its employees in public. Perhaps it's all meant to be kept in house so to speak.

It seems odd that Owen Bradley states that Pearson was still Mel's man on the Friday, and then two days, one defeat, and a negative post match interview later and all of this kick's off.

I also find it incredible that despite the woeful start to Derby's season, that Pearson's stock seems to remain so high among the media. He has been touted for the Villa and England jobs in some circles whilst still employed and suspended at Derby!!!

I honestly thought he was a good appointment for us. I thought like so many others that he would provide that extra 2-3% we needed to get a good squad of players over the line. However it's almost like he has come into the job and done his best to expose the weak areas of the squad and have us playing poorly!

I have a family member who is a good friend of one of our highly rated players, the sort of player that many think we should build our team around, and yet going into the season I was told that this player was not happy and was firmly of the opinion that Pearson didn't want him! So much for morale boosts!

If you didn't know better you might think that Pearson has come into the club, got a nice contract and then set about doing his level best not to succeed or endear himself to the fans any time soon!

Upset the better players, play others out of position, expose your defence, have your play makers stay in their own half most of the game, ask your one-paced hold up man and star striker to chase aimless long balls down the channels and in doing so run more in one game than he's done for the last three seasons, then loan him out at the last minute.

Perhaps if you get the sack early enough it's just seen as a blip and doesn't affect your future prospects. Tell them whatever they want to hear at the interview, I mean its not like what you promise at the interview is legally binding is it! No doubt he will be paid off by the Rams and will then land another nice little earner somewhere else! And people ask who'd be a football manager????

I also saw Neil Clement's tweets re Mel. Hardly an unbiased opinion. Aside from being Paul's brother you don't have to look too far down his Twitter account to see the pictures of the Clement boys with Big Nige.

Never a dull moment with the Rams, but I'm sticking with Mel despite the criticism he receives. If Derby don't succeed it costs him a lot of money and he will feel it more than any manager who will just move onto the next job. Mel is a Ram!

COYR

5 hours ago, curtains said:

What role did Powell have prior to this situation.

Did he do any coaching of the team. 

Conceding late goals from corner is not acceptable

I think you will find Forest are above Derby and I'm not looking forward to playing them at the IPRO 

Things like not marking up at set pieces, not nothing new its just a continuation of our mentality since Christmas.

Derby were total garbage under Pearson. As bad as any of Nigel Clough's slumps and there was no sign of turning it around. Well, there was at Preston. Did alright there. Then followed it up with some sort of display that you can't call football because we just kicked the ball really high and far while camped on our goal line. 

He might have beaten Cardiff 8-0. But he didn't. He didn't win the Premier League either I'm afraid.

Neither did he beat big scary Villa who haven't won away since WW2, Burton Albion, Blackburn Rovers. We barely looked like scoring in any game. We limped past Grimsby and Carlisle before Liverpool beat us in training mode. 

McClaren was better, Clement was better, Wassall was better and Powell has already looked better as he's almost matched the points and goal tally Pearson got. 

This is Nigel Pearson who won't take no **** off players. He'll give them a backbone and the kick up the arse they need. Big bad Nigel would get this team promoted.

What happened? Thought he was the no nonsense fella these players needed? 

He's a knob. He was a knob when he achieved what Paul Jewell achieved. He was a knob when he was grabbing players for accidently bumping into him. He was a knob when he kept telling people "you'll know when I'm not happy, believe me".

I'm sick of hearing how brilliant he is in an alternate future. In the alternate future Jose Mourinho works as a security guard in Primark

4 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Derby were total garbage under Pearson. As bad as any of Nigel Clough's slumps and there was no sign of turning it around. Well, there was at Preston. Did alright there. Then followed it up with some sort of display that you can't call football because we just kicked the ball really high and far while camped on our goal line. 

He might have beaten Cardiff 8-0. But he didn't. He didn't win the Premier League either I'm afraid.

Neither did he beat big scary Villa who haven't won away since WW2, Burton Albion, Blackburn Rovers. We barely looked like scoring in any game. We limped past Grimsby and Carlisle before Liverpool beat us in training mode. 

McClaren was better, Clement was better, Wassall was better and Powell has already looked better as he's almost matched the points and goal tally Pearson got. 

This is Nigel Pearson who won't take no **** off players. He'll give them a backbone and the kick up the arse they need. Big bad Nigel would get this team promoted.

He's a knob. He was a knob when he achieved what Paul Jewell achieved. He was a knob when he was grabbing players for accidently bumping into him. He was a knob when he kept telling people "you'll know when I'm not happy, believe me".

I'm sick of hearing how brilliant he is in an alternate future. In the alternate future Jose Mourinho works as a security guard in Primark

So just to be clear, are you hoping he returns from his suspension or not?

4 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

So just to be clear, are you hoping he returns from his suspension or not?

I think if he's cleated of all wrong doings then he should be allowed to continue at Derby

as a ball boy

20 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Wow. 

Who appointed Pearson then. 

Billy Davies to be next manager I reckon 

I know it might sound too happy clappy but there really is far too much self destructive angst going on here at the moment. I am going to stick my head in the sand for the time being and assume everything is just going to work out ok, we will beat Leeds, feel stronger, Chris Powell to get the job while we re group find our spirit and start out on the front foot again. I think some of the negative feeling about the club is simply because we know we have the fan base, resources and structure to improve. It's all a bit difficult for anyone to see how this car will run when it's awkwardly trying to get out of the car park. But we have the ducks .. They just need putting in a row. And I get a A+ for mixed metaphors 

22 minutes ago, curtains said:

Wow. 

Who appointed Pearson then. 

Billy Davies to be next manager I reckon 

Seriously, why do you do posts like this?

MM or SR appointed NP, not sure which one.

We have no idea what was discussed at the interview or what NPs remit was. However at an early interview he did mention that promotion was the aim. This would seem to indicate that the Derby Way vision had been put to one side. Understandable given the reaction from the fans at the time it was said and also their clamour to see NP appointed.

With quarter of the season gone there looks very little likelihood of the aim being met. In the background however, MM is still telling the local press that NP is the man. Now this would be a pretty silly idea if he wanted to sack/suspend him, especially considering the hammer he received over the 'Clement can be out Ferguson' comments.

Something obviously very serious, in the eyes of the Derby board, has happened which has led to NP not being the man anymore.

Thats the story as I see it.

What has Billy Davies got to do with anything?

Archived