" The Perception Of The Club From Outside Is Not Favourable"

TETRA

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, curtains said:

Correct 

But we might lose with Powell when we play the better teams. 

Really harsh on Pearson to not let him tackle Cardiff. 

Of course we might lose, but we could also win or draw, that's football.

Why is it harsh? We do not know why he was suspended. Maybe, just maybe, he did something that he deserved to be suspended for.

We laugh at the shower down the road for having blind faithers, some of their fans still think Fawaz is good for their club ffs. No doubt Mel has done some wonderful things with the academy but he's also evidently a complete control freak who gets to involved because he's a fan. 

You should absolutely be worried about what the press are saying about us, we're not f*****g Milwall, "no one likes us we dont care" attitude is complete b******s, I want my club to be in the media for all the right reasons, at the minute its just embarrassing. 

19 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

The main basis for that though was jealously of their success, not the result of their off field antics.

It might not matter, however if the feeling is that we are a badly run club, then it may have an impact on players wanting to sign or managers allowing players to come here on loan.

It was equally down to their fans and the way the manager/players conducted themselves.

You're kidding yourself if you think players are bothered about anything other than who will pay them the most money.

4 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

It was equally down to their fans and the way the manager/players conducted themselves.

You're kidding yourself if you think players are bothered about anything other than who will pay them the most money.

Really? Surely all professional football players give 100% every week for the love of their club and not just in it for the money??? (I would put a whistling emoticon in at this point if my computer would let me)

3 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

Really? Surely all professional football players give 100% every week for the love of their club and not just in it for the money??? (I would put a whistling emoticon in at this point if my computer would let me)

You've got a point, I just have to look at BJ giving 110% for his beloved Derby City....

Even on this forum there is discord bordering on animosity amongst fans of the club.

We all have a part to play in restoring Derby County to its former glory by supporting the club from tea lady to owner.

Our job is to cheer on whoever takes the pitch.

It's up to others to pick and organise them into a winning combination.

Can't believe people really fall for the:-

'It's a great club with a great history.

As soon as I saw the facilities and spoke to the gaffer there is no other club that I wanted to sign for.

We've got a great bunch of lads and I can't wait to get started and push for promotion'.

16 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

The **** ones maybe, however those players that are in demand, would probably pick another option if available, if only on the basis that they would get more than a handful of games under the manager that signed them.  

Sith Happens
8 hours ago, curtains said:

You don't know that. 

Cardiff game would have been won by Derby anyway . 

We beat Preston away with Pearson  and they are better than Cardiff. 

Pearson chose the team at Cardiff anyway. 

On what basis can we say it would have been won? Form? League position? If so we should have beaten Blackburn.

7 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

The **** ones maybe, however those players that are in demand, would probably pick another option if available, if only on the basis that they would get more than a handful of games under the manager that signed them.  

Well we are a Championship club so don't really need to worry about that.

I am guessing that Bendtner signed for Forest because of their history, facilities and manager...

8 hours ago, wixman1884 said:

We've fallen a long way from things like this... sad.

This was when I was unbelievably proud of the club.  The team, the board, the CEO & the fans all singing from the same hymn sheet & doing things the proper way, dare I say it The Derby Way.  I appreciate what he's done with the academy and infrastructure of the club, but I really wish Mr Morris had come in and stuck to the plan The Y**ks had.  For all the money he's spent on the 1st team, are we any better than the side who played in that final??? 

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

Well we are a Championship club so don't really need to worry about that.

I am guessing that Bendtner signed for Forest because of their history, facilities and manager...

Bendtner? He was in demand was he......

Fair enough you don't think it matters, whereas I believe that the perception of being a well run club with a good reputation is better than not being.

9 hours ago, curtains said:

You don't know that. 

Cardiff game would have been won by Derby anyway . 

We beat Preston away with Pearson  and they are better than Cardiff. 

Pearson chose the team at Cardiff anyway. 

"The Cardiff game would have been won anyway"

Really? We might have won it but it is far from certain, based the the previous few matches with a depressing losing run.

Don't buy this 'Pearson chose the team '  partly cos we had injuries that forced selection, but its the formation and motivation that counted.

5 minutes ago, DRBee said:

"The Cardiff game would have been won anyway"

Really? We might have won it but it is far from certain, based the the previous few matches with a depressing losing run.

Don't buy this 'Pearson chose the team '  partly cos we had injuries that forced selection, but its the formation and motivation that counted.

The evidence coming from the club is that he picked the team and formation, unless you are saying they are lying to the fans :ph34r:

19 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Bendtner? He was in demand was he......

Fair enough you don't think it matters, whereas I believe that the perception of being a well run club with a good reputation is better than not being.

I would have thought he would have had better clubs than Forest after his signature yes.

Of course it is better but I would imagine stories about a drone flying over Moor Farm will have very little bearing on the future of Derby County.

Archived