" The Perception Of The Club From Outside Is Not Favourable"

TETRA

16 minutes ago, jono said:

I know it might sound too happy clappy but there really is far too much self destructive angst going on here at the moment. I am going to stick my head in the sand for the time being and assume everything is just going to work out ok, we will beat Leeds, feel stronger, Chris Powell to get the job while we re group find our spirit and start out on the front foot again. I think some of the negative feeling about the club is simply because we know we have the fan base, resources and structure to improve. It's all a bit difficult for anyone to see how this car will run when it's awkwardly trying to get out of the car park. But we have the ducks .. They just need putting in a row. And I get a A+ for mixed metaphors 

Self destruction .

I think the club are A grade at that. 

The club make their own decisions . 

We had Wassall now some want Powell. 

I do not want Chris Powell as Derby manager I'd rather have Darren Wassall thanks but I don't really want either. 

PS I like both men but not as Derby Manager thanks but would like them still around the club. 

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not too fussed how the club is view externally. Nor do I feel qualified to comment on individual aspects as it looks like the antics (if we can call them that ) of Mel Morris and odd decisions have been going on for some time.

All I can say is that looking around at some of the clubs in this league and how amateurishly they are run by owners who don't even care about the club they own let alone put any money in. These clubs such as Leeds and Blackburn are run in a permanent state of flux. No direction whatsoever and years pass by with them struggling. Derby , despite failing at the final hurdle on a few occasions most certainly haven't struggled up until now, well.........a mini struggle.

Also what if Mel decided he'd had enough and pulled the plug? Who would come in and invest then? Granted we are an attractive proposition but what if we got some clueless simpletons like the Venkys? What if we get owners who are out of the country 24/7 and won't buy players like that yank at Sunderland for example?

It's a 'be careful what you wish for' scenario and I think the criticism of the club and the chairman is interesting. Ultimately he owns the club and if managers and players don't work out then it's him that has to foot the bill for both.

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Interesting theory @NewhallRam71, one of the strangest things I heard was when NP was questioning the players confidence after 1 or 2 matches, really made no sense to me and just seemed as though he was straight on the defensive!

Well I questioned pearson's intent when it seemed obvious that the players had no confidence in him and far to many wanted to leave as was so evident in the away game at Burton 

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

Derby were total garbage under Pearson. As bad as any of Nigel Clough's slumps and there was no sign of turning it around. Well, there was at Preston. Did alright there. Then followed it up with some sort of display that you can't call football because we just kicked the ball really high and far while camped on our goal line. 

He might have beaten Cardiff 8-0. But he didn't. He didn't win the Premier League either I'm afraid.

Neither did he beat big scary Villa who haven't won away since WW2, Burton Albion, Blackburn Rovers. We barely looked like scoring in any game. We limped past Grimsby and Carlisle before Liverpool beat us in training mode. 

McClaren was better, Clement was better, Wassall was better and Powell has already looked better as he's almost matched the points and goal tally Pearson got. 

This is Nigel Pearson who won't take no **** off players. He'll give them a backbone and the kick up the arse they need. Big bad Nigel would get this team promoted.

What happened? Thought he was the no nonsense fella these players needed? 

He's a knob. He was a knob when he achieved what Paul Jewell achieved. He was a knob when he was grabbing players for accidently bumping into him. He was a knob when he kept telling people "you'll know when I'm not happy, believe me".

I'm sick of hearing how brilliant he is in an alternate future. In the alternate future Jose Mourinho works as a security guard in Primark

Do you mean alternative?

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

Derby were total garbage under Pearson. As bad as any of Nigel Clough's slumps and there was no sign of turning it around. Well, there was at Preston. Did alright there. Then followed it up with some sort of display that you can't call football because we just kicked the ball really high and far while camped on our goal line. 

He might have beaten Cardiff 8-0. But he didn't. He didn't win the Premier League either I'm afraid.

Neither did he beat big scary Villa who haven't won away since WW2, Burton Albion, Blackburn Rovers. We barely looked like scoring in any game. We limped past Grimsby and Carlisle before Liverpool beat us in training mode. 

McClaren was better, Clement was better, Wassall was better and Powell has already looked better as he's almost matched the points and goal tally Pearson got. 

This is Nigel Pearson who won't take no **** off players. He'll give them a backbone and the kick up the arse they need. Big bad Nigel would get this team promoted.

What happened? Thought he was the no nonsense fella these players needed? 

He's a knob. He was a knob when he achieved what Paul Jewell achieved. He was a knob when he was grabbing players for accidently bumping into him. He was a knob when he kept telling people "you'll know when I'm not happy, believe me".

I'm sick of hearing how brilliant he is in an alternate future. In the alternate future Jose Mourinho works as a security guard in Primark

Wedding went well then?

Sith Happens
7 hours ago, curtains said:

Would have beaten Blackburn but for our horrendous individual defensive mistakes without naming players .

Same with Bristol City. 

Would have been promoted if not for defensive mistakes in the play off final. May have even pushed for automatic if not for refereeing mistakes away at Burnley. The fact is we didn't do any of them...who is to say a defending mistake wouldn't have happened against Cardiff with Pearson in charge...the game would not have played out the exact same regardless of if we believe the team and formation we played was his.

23 minutes ago, Gypsy Ram said:

Just a quick question? Has the comms team changed since Mel took over? Because these PR slips didn't happen during the GSE reign. 

We appointed a guy who was at liverpool and in an internal report apparently referred to a fans group as "the Khmer rouge", so that's different.

11 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Of course the view from the outside isn't good atm, we're playing awfully and no one really knows what's going on, but once we hear from the club hopefully it'll all start to make more sense

Really ? Most are still trying to make sense of the clement thing ,,, 

Archived