" The Perception Of The Club From Outside Is Not Favourable"

TETRA

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't care a toss for the opinions of people who have no emotional investment in my club. However, it worries me when I start to have similar negative feelings and I'm afraid to say that is beginning to happen.

We are quickly losing our way and it needs to stop!

6 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

Another thread, another moan. By now there'd have been 11 games and one win. Now that would have been negative  

You don't know that. 

Cardiff game would have been won by Derby anyway . 

We beat Preston away with Pearson  and they are better than Cardiff. 

Pearson chose the team at Cardiff anyway. 

24 minutes ago, curtains said:

You don't know that. 

Likewise you do not know we would have won.

7 hours ago, curtains said:

You don't know that. 

True. But let's say i would have bet my wages on things not turning around with that manager. 

I has a meeting with people I see semi regularly yesterday.  They are supporters of Southampton, Charlton, Northampton, Spurs, Man City and Liverpool.  As always the chat turned to a bit of superficial football chat and for the first time I can remember the chat started with 'What's going on at Derby?', 'What's wrong with your chairman?' type questions.

Yes, I can see it shouldn't matter what other people think of Derby but to me the perception does.  People - and the people in my meeting had no beef with me, and their clubs have no rivalry to Derby - see what is happening.

Leeds fans shouldn't worry that opposing fans laugh at them for the actions of their owner, Forest fans shouldn't worry that opposing fans laugh at them for the actions of their owner.  What they should worry about is that the reason fans laugh at them is because of how their clubs are run.  We are getting close to that.

30 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Not really sure why people are so worried about what other people think of us. 

A lot of people hated Man United during the 90s....

The main basis for that though was jealously of their success, not the result of their off field antics.

It might not matter, however if the feeling is that we are a badly run club, then it may have an impact on players wanting to sign or managers allowing players to come here on loan.

Archived