" The Perception Of The Club From Outside Is Not Favourable"

TETRA

48 minutes ago, DRBee said:

"The Cardiff game would have been won anyway"

Really? We might have won it but it is far from certain, based the the previous few matches with a depressing losing run.

Don't buy this 'Pearson chose the team '  partly cos we had injuries that forced selection, but its the formation and motivation that counted.

Did the formation help us when we conceded from a corner in the last minute against Reading after constant Reading pressure  

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, rynny said:

Of course we might lose, but we could also win or draw, that's football.

Why is it harsh? We do not know why he was suspended. Maybe, just maybe, he did something that he deserved to be suspended for.

We don't know that . 

2 minutes ago, curtains said:

Did the formation help us when we conceded from a corner in the last minute against Reading after constant Reading pressure  

No it didn't. In fact it hindered us. The problem for you is that an injury to Hughes had forced us to change from 4-3-3 earlier in the game.

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

On what basis can we say it would have been won? Form? League position? If so we should have beaten Blackburn.

Would have beaten Blackburn but for our horrendous individual defensive mistakes without naming players .

Same with Bristol City. 

2 minutes ago, Anon said:

No it didn't. In fact it hindered us. The problem for you is that an injury to Hughes had forced us to change from 4-3-3 earlier in the game.

Not a problem for me I'm not a player apologist .

I can actually see their individual errors. 

The players are the ones to blame for the Pearson debacle.

Just now, curtains said:

Would have beaten Blackburn but for our horrendous individual defensive mistakes without naming players .

So that's your solution. The best we can possibly hope to achieve under the Pearson model is to score a single goal at home against one of the worst teams in the league and pray that we don't concede via an unlucky deflection.

31 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I would have thought he would have had better clubs than Forest after his signature yes.

Of course it is better but I would imagine stories about a drone flying over Moor Farm will have very little bearing on the future of Derby County.

But to use your latest phrase....you have no evidence of this though ??!

I doubt the drone story on its own would, however though 2 managerial departures and another imminent in less than 9 months, chairman entering the dressing room, the noise coming out of talksport, posters with inside knowledge indicating that other people are often seen at the training ground on a regular basis, then add all these up together and I would guess that it makes the club look a little less attractive in some eyes.

Just now, Anon said:

So that's your solution. The best we can possibly hope to achieve under the Pearson model is to score a single goal at home against one of the worst teams in the league and pray that we don't concede via an unlucky deflection.

Forest lost to Bristol 2-1 we drew 1-1 and were undone by individual mistakes right at the end of the game .

When do the players in your eyes take any responsibility for anything. 

36 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I would have thought he would have had better clubs than Forest after his signature yes.

Of course it is better but I would imagine stories about a drone flying over Moor Farm will have very little bearing on the future of Derby County.

Without a club since his contract was terminated back in April. Not exactly a bidding war for his signature then. 

3 minutes ago, curtains said:

Not a problem for me I'm not a player apologist .

I can actually see their individual errors. 

The players are the ones to blame for the Pearson debacle.

No, I mean a problem for you as in it completely invalidates you're argument.

So what I'm picking up from this thread is that people preferred it when outsiders liked us because we had a reputation for a shoestring budget but playing decent football, yet on other threads they are very quick to point out that these players are not good enough and are failures.

So in summary some of you are happy for us to be failures as long as people on the outside think it's good.

2 minutes ago, Anon said:

No, I mean a problem for you as in it completely invalidates you're argument.

Nothing invalidates my argument because you are arguing the indefensible.

We have not improved as some say with Powell at the helm. 

If I was Powell I would leave as well out of principle.

3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

So what I'm picking up from this thread is that people preferred it when outsiders liked us because we had a reputation for a shoestring budget but playing decent football, yet on other threads they are very quick to point out that these players are not good enough and are failures.

So in summary some of you are happy for us to be failures as long as people on the outside think it's good.

Who is to say we will be successful after this debacle. 

Bring Pearson back unless it's impossible for disciplinary reasons. 

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Everyone likes their club to be fondly regarded by the fans of others; Man City had this status for a while. No money, loads of fans, but 'real.'

Its different from being respected (feared) as a footballing force though.

1 minute ago, curtains said:

Forest lost to Bristol 2-1 we drew 1-1 and were undone by individual mistakes right at the end of the game .

When do the players in your eyes take any responsibility for anything. 

What does the Forest result have to do with anything?

Of course the players are responsible for conceding a late goal. It's due to a lack of concentration. No one is making the argument that Nigel Pearson is somehow responsible for a late goal in a game he wasn't in charge of. What we are claiming is that, given Pearson's dreadful decisions and poor performance thus far, it was highly unlikely that we'd have built a lead to squander away at Reading.

3 minutes ago, Anon said:

What does the Forest result have to do with anything?

Of course the players are responsible for conceding a late goal. It's due to a lack of concentration. No one is making the argument that Nigel Pearson is somehow responsible for a late goal in a game he wasn't in charge of. What we are claiming is that, given Pearson's dreadful decisions and poor performance thus far, it was highly unlikely that we'd have built a lead to squander away at Reading.

What role did Powell have prior to this situation.

Did he do any coaching of the team. 

Conceding late goals from corner is not acceptable . 

I think you will find Forest are above Derby and I'm not looking forward to playing them at the IPRO 

7 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

But to use your latest phrase....you have no evidence of this though ??!

I doubt the drone story on its own would, however though 2 managerial departures and another imminent in less than 9 months, chairman entering the dressing room, the noise coming out of talksport, posters with inside knowledge indicating that other people are often seen at the training ground on a regular basis, then add all these up together and I would guess that it makes the club look a little less attractive in some eyes.

Is that my new phrase? You really do watch my posts too closely, beginning to think your obsessed.

I know fans are stupid enough to believe absolutely everything that hear and read but I imagine professional footballers, who are used to the garbage spouted by the media, take it with a pinch of salt.

Very interested to know who these other people are that are often seen at the training ground.

5 minutes ago, curtains said:

Who is to say we will be successful after this debacle. 

Bring Pearson back unless it's impossible for disciplinary reasons. 

Have absolutely no problem with that if it comes out that he has not done anything which was crossing the line.

Think bridges have been burnt now though.

3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Have absolutely no problem with that if it comes out that he has not done anything which was crossing the line.

Think bridges have been burnt now though.

Well that is to be decided but I don't see why as people need to grow up. 

If Mel and Sam didn't want Pearson they shouldn't of hired him IMO.

We will eventually know the outcome of the investigation.

Archived