" The Perception Of The Club From Outside Is Not Favourable"

TETRA

2 minutes ago, curtains said:

Pearson brought him in from the cold .ie not in a managers post and gave him a chance. 

In my eyes he is as responsible for our form after 9 games as is Pearson. 

Do you think they didn't discuss tactics for the Cardiff game or the Blackburn and Preston and Bristol and Villa and Newcastle and Brighton games etc

Surely responsibility falls on the manager.

Do you think he says to his coaches 'just go away and coach them to do whatever you want'.

Or do you think he tells them how he is going to play and what he wants the coaches to do?

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Surely responsibility falls on the manager.

Do you think he says to his coaches 'just go away and coach them to do whatever you want'.

Or do you think he tells them how he is going to play and what he wants the coaches to do?

Did you notice those games and calibre of opposition.

Newcastle,Brighton,Villa, Liverpool, etc 

Powell has higher quality teams to challenge when he is manager. 

PS I hope Powell stays as assistant but if Pearson is not reinstated he should also leave on principle 

Just now, curtains said:

Did you notice those games and calibre of opposition.

Newcastle,Brighton,Villa, Liverpool, etc 

Powell has higher quality teams to challenge when he is manager. 

PS I hope Powell stays as assistant. 

I tend to concentrate on what my own team is doing rather than the opposition if I'm being honest.

Liverpool aside I don't think the opposition have been a good enough excuse for any of our performances.

4 minutes ago, curtains said:

Pearson brought him in from the cold .ie not in a managers post and gave him a chance. 

In my eyes he is as responsible for our form after 9 games as is Pearson. 

Do you think they didn't discuss tactics for the Cardiff game. 

So why should Powell resign? Maybe Powell wanted to go 4-3-3 since the beginning and wanted Ince and Johnson in the team but Pearson didn't, maybe everything Powell told Pearson was ignored or told we would try at a later date, and it so happens that Cardiff was the match where Pearson listened to Powell and took his advice. Maybe Powell didn't agree with Pearson when he was suspended.

Maybe we, once again, don't know the full story, or anything at all really, and just making claims that make no sense whatsoever.

1 minute ago, rynny said:

So why should Powell resign? Maybe Powell wanted to go 4-3-3 since the beginning and wanted Ince and Johnson in the team but Pearson didn't, maybe everything Powell told Pearson was ignored or told we would try at a later date, and it so happens that Cardiff was the match where Pearson listened to Powell and took his advice. Maybe Powell didn't agree with Pearson when he was suspended.

Maybe we, once again, don't know the full story, or anything at all really, and just making claims that make no sense whatsoever.

We will never know the full story will we ! 

A lot of people mentioned Pearsons hard start. Not the best of starts to try new tactics, personal etc. We've had two favorable games now which Pearson may have flourished in.

Strange how the players held a meeting after Pearson got suspended.. Somethings poisonous at the club at the moment I'm thinking it's quite a few players somethings not right.. Maybe we should get another yes man to please the players? I'm starting to lose care and the connection the clubs been striving to get with the fans now.

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

I tend to concentrate on what my own team is doing rather than the opposition if I'm being honest.

Liverpool aside I don't think the opposition have been a good enough excuse for any of our performances.

Liverpool didn't even impress me that much. We'd have seriously given them a game two years ago.

A fair few people I know said the same thing too.

3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Yes it's a poor standard league this season. 

Just now, cannable said:

Liverpool didn't even impress me that much. We'd have seriously given them a game two years ago.

A fair few people I know said the same thing too.

They had another 2 gears to go up. We won't play anyone even close to that standard again this season.

2 minutes ago, Ashz09 said:

A lot of people mentioned Pearsons hard start. Not the best of starts to try new tactics, personal etc. We've had two favorable games now which Pearson may have flourished in.

Strange how the players held a meeting after Pearson got suspended.. Somethings poisonous at the club at the moment I'm thinking it's quite a few players somethings not right.. Maybe we should get another yes man to please the players? I'm starting to lose care and the connection the clubs been striving to get with the fans now.

Was the meeting before or after Pearson was suspended !

5 minutes ago, Ashz09 said:

The coaching staff encouraged the meeting and the meeting was before he was suspended.

Boom, roasted!

2 minutes ago, Ashz09 said:

You mean like a match against Blackburn at home?

The meeting took place after the Blackburn game and before they travelled to Cardiff. Pearson was suspended when they were in Cardiff.

Captain Richard Keogh says a meeting between Derby County players in the wake of the recent home defeat to Blackburn Rovers has had a positive effect on the team.

The Rams squad arranged the meeting at the club's Moor Farm training ground last Sunday, the day after the 2-1 loss to Blackburn at the iPro Stadium.

Derby had taken the lead against Rovers but conceded twice in quick succession - and the result sent them into the Sky Bet Championship relegation zone.

Read more at http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/derby-county-captain-richard-keogh-opens-up-about-players-meeting-in-the-wake-of-blackburn-defeat/story-29771104-detail/story.html#UHfUjQZrYScPD2E1.99

2 minutes ago, curtains said:

Was the meeting before or after Pearson was suspended !

Haven't looked into it properly it's in the DET but it appears after. Reading the comments I got the same understanding could be wrong though.

2 hours ago, BathRam72 said:

Really? Surely all professional football players give 100% every week for the love of their club and not just in it for the money??? (I would put a whistling emoticon in at this point if my computer would let me)

If in doubt review Chelsea priory to the super one going and after his sacking.....

Archived