The Wardrobe Watch

unclej

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I'm assuming that only part of the interview mentioned CM and that started at 22:50 in but I admit I've not listened. The bit about the litigation was the thing at the time.

I have just had a listen and Khan only mentions about Martin being there until the end of the season. Looking forward to what he can do this year. Both him and Slav think Martin has contributed very well this season. Doesn't mention next season, deflects the question when asked about next year.

Briefly mentions a third party and can't talk about an impending legal issue. Disappointed that a deal has not been held to (not sure what deal has been broken?)

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, rynny said:

I have just had a listen and Khan only mentions about Martin being there until the end of the season. Looking forward to what he can do this year. Both him and Slav think Martin has contributed very well this season. Doesn't mention next season, deflects the question when asked about next year.

Briefly mentions a third party and can't talk about an impending legal issue. Disappointed that a deal has not been held to (not sure what deal has been broken?)

That was the gist at the time, goodness knows what @Ninos hears!

Since you and this roymac cat and a few others like to twist things up just to get a personal insult in here is what was said verbatim :

(Tony Khan said this when Derby tried to get martin back after Mac came in):

"we have all the upside of making it a permanent at our discretion. We still have that option If we want to make Chris stay with us a permanent, again its our discretion."

He also said that we didn't keep our word lack honour and intimated illegality to boot. So mcclarens Derby extending his contract was pretty much meaningless except it gives Martin the opportunity to haggle for a bigger contract at Fulham.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

I'm assuming that only part of the interview mentioned CM and that started at 22:50 in but I admit I've not listened. The bit about the litigation was the thing at the time.

Try listening before attacking. 

7 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Try listening before attacking. 

If you weren't such a WUM then I'd have considered it before.

I've listened and Mr Khan talks nothing re: Martin post the end of this season, except that he's a man of honour and others aren't. which would suggest that things have changed and he feels its unfair.

"financially a very favourable deal to Fulham...whether he's going to be with us going forward or not.. I think Chris is awesome..."

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

If you weren't such a WUM then I'd have considered it before.

I've listened and Mr Khan talks nothing re: Martin post the end of this season, except that he's a man of honour and others aren't. which would suggest that things have changed and he feels its unfair.

"financially a very favourable deal to Fulham...whether he's going to be with us going forward or not.. I think Chris is awesome..."

Wumming : is that where you express opinions on a subject where you openly admit you haven't listened or read what's being discussed? Who's the WUM? 

Good to see that you're now having a listen. Well done.

4 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Wumming : is that where you express opinions on a subject where you openly admit you haven't listened or read what's being discussed? Who's the WUM? 

As I said you are a WUM. I've listened and the interview is old and says nothing about CM staying with Fulham post this season, except for he says they could make him stay at 'their discretion'. By that I take it he means lock Chrissy in a cupboard until he signs for them!

Then he goes on to moan about 3rd parties not keeping their word and how he is a man of honour who's word is his bond - sound to me like he's unhappy that they've been gazumped from what was 'a very favourable financial deal for Fulham'!

13 minutes ago, Ninos said:

WUM stands for "World's Ultimate Member" mate. A title that has two meanings. Congratulations on both! 

CHRIST I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS IS STILL GOING ON!!!  THE BOTTOM LINE IS, WE COULD ACCEPT AN OFFER OF £1,000,000,000,000,000 BUT IT WOULD NOT MATTER IF MARTIN SAYS HE DOESN'T WANT TO PLAY FOR THEM.  BOTH CLUBS CAN AGREE ON A FEE, BUT IT'S THE PLAYER WHO AGREES TO JOIN THE OTHER CLUB.  UNTIL HE SIGNS HIS EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT WITH FULHAM FC, GOLDEN HANDSHAKES, PRE-AGREED FEES, WORDS OF ASSURANCE FROM THEIR CHAIRMAN, CEO, MANAGER OR MICHAEL JACKSON STATUE MEAN ABSOLUTELY F*** ALL!!!!!!

Christ I'm glad there's a game tonight so we've got something more pertinent to argue about :angry:

9 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

CHRIST I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS IS STILL GOING ON!!!  THE BOTTOM LINE IS, WE COULD ACCEPT AN OFFER OF £1,000,000,000,000,000 BUT IT WOULD NOT MATTER IF MARTIN SAYS HE DOESN'T WANT TO PLAY FOR THEM.  BOTH CLUBS CAN AGREE ON A FEE, BUT IT'S THE PLAYER WHO AGREES TO JOIN THE OTHER CLUB.  UNTIL HE SIGNS HIS EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT WITH FULHAM FC, GOLDEN HANDSHAKES, PRE-AGREED FEES, WORDS OF ASSURANCE FROM THEIR CHAIRMAN, CEO, MANAGER OR MICHAEL JACKSON STATUE MEAN ABSOLUTELY F*** ALL!!!!!!

Christ I'm glad there's a game tonight so we've got something more pertinent to argue about :angry:

effectively correct but the price has been agreed in the loan agreement allegedly (I haven't seen it and I doubt whether anybody else has n here)

CM is back here unless Fulham want him and CM agrees

Hey guys. Not sure if this is the right thread to post it, but l heard today that there is some chance that Chris Martin may be back with us next season. Anybody else heard anything, or got any thoughts whether it would be a good thing or not?

4 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Hey guys. Not sure if this is the right thread to post it, but l heard today that there is some chance that Chris Martin may be back with us next season. Anybody else heard anything, or got any thoughts whether it would be a good thing or not?

Who?

On 29 March 2017 at 17:47, cannable said:

To be perfectly honest, we could just do what Atletico Madrid did to Southampton when they tried to activate the agreed upon fee to make Alderweireld's transfer permanent. 

And that would be; telling them to **** off. 

Did Gary learn his tact from Lord Brian?

On 29/03/2017 at 09:26, ramsbottom said:

WOH-WOH-WOOOOOOOOOH!!!

You do realise that without Ince and his individuality, we'd be below Forest and scrapping for our lives???

All other points agreed with...

You do realise that basing the vast majority of your team's attacks through a player like Ince is part of the reason WHY the team trends to score less in general and finds themselves midtable?

You won't, as a team, score 99 goals in a season with Ince bring the focal point.

Don't get me wrong, he's contributing - his workrate is good, his defensive play has improved (more proactive, less reactive) and his goals have become vital.

...but the last part is kind of a problem, it's a double edged sword. It's not Ince's fault we got rid of Martin, but is there room in the team for both of them? You'd like to think there is, and hopefully next season we'll be able to find out once and for all.

Archived