The Wardrobe Watch

unclej

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd rather have someone like Zanzala/Vernam/Creswell as the third striker rather than Bent.

I am not saying they are better than Bent, but we should be focusing on helping the youngsters integrate into the team and they'd be on far less wages. Martin and Nugent as the two main strikers(I consider Vydra more as a number 10). 

2 hours ago, Ninos said:

Harry Kane has never played a game for us. And Martin played for us this season. Go tighten up your "logic" buddy boi, and get back to us. :thumbsup:

Kane - Zanzala

Yep, no 'logic tightening' required here :blink: 

*Possibly the daftest comment I've ever read on this forum

3 hours ago, McLovin said:

I'd rather have someone like Zanzala/Vernam/Creswell as the third striker rather than Bent.

I am not saying they are better than Bent, but we should be focusing on helping the youngsters integrate into the team and they'd be on far less wages. Martin and Nugent as the two main strikers(I consider Vydra more as a number 10). 

Totally agree mate. There needs to be a clear pathway for our under 23's who currently they are blocked by overpaid players that haven't delivered the goods. 

We wont make anything from Bent and we can't keep chucking money at it. We've got a cracking academy with some players that have potential. They just need some chances

3 hours ago, McLovin said:

I'd rather have a donkey, a hedgehog, or a camel as third striker instead of Bent. In fact I'd rather have Martin as the third striker, although that's a closer call. 

Your point is so non committal and thin it's like a wafer, mclovin.

28 minutes ago, Ninos said:

I'd rather have a donkey, a hedgehog, or a camel as third striker instead of Bent. In fact I'd rather have Martin as the third striker, although that's a closer call. 

Your point is so non committal and thin it's like a wafer, mclovin.

Would a donkey, a hedgehog or a camel have scored 13 goals for us this season?

2 hours ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Would a donkey, a hedgehog or a camel have scored 13 goals for us this season?

In the crazy attacking Fulham side yes, and in a Derby side with a crazy good Bryson Hughes Hendrick Johnny and Thorne feeding them, absolutely.

13 minutes ago, Ninos said:

In the crazy attacking Fulham side yes, and in a Derby side with a crazy good Bryson Hughes Hendrick Johnny and Thorne feeding them, absolutely.

Would they have produced the numbers without the donkey?

13 minutes ago, CumbrianRam said:

Well Theo Robinson got 12 and 9 in his two full seasons here in worse teams, anything is possible.

To be fair, he had 9 goals after 22 games, played a bit part for the next nine games and was then gone. Averaged a goal every 185 minutes! 

6 hours ago, Ninos said:

Hahaha well the funny thing is, this donkey didn't had Hendrick or Thorne, and only had an out of form Bryson, Hughes and Johnny behind him. I'm talking about Darren Bent. Nice try.

7 hours ago, Ninos said:

Well...yeah, because football is a team game so they all contribute to each other's goals. That is how football works.

11 hours ago, cannable said:

Would they have produced the numbers without the donkey?

When martin was suspended or left on the bench did Fulham stop scoring or winning? No.

So, yes. donkeyless, it's the same numbers or actually, it's better.

3 minutes ago, cannable said:

I wasn't talking about Fulham…

That's his most recent body of work, and it's patently the most relevant: Playing in a side as one optional piece of an attacking jigsaw in an attacking side where he could be productive, as opposed to playing in the Pearson side at the start of the year, where he did exactly what for us? 

14 minutes ago, Ninos said:

That's his most recent body of work, and it's patently the most relevant: Playing in a side as one optional piece of an attacking jigsaw in an attacking side where he could be productive, as opposed to playing in the Pearson side at the start of the year, where he did exactly what for us? 

D8sxR1.gif

1 hour ago, Ninos said:

That's his most recent body of work, and it's patently the most relevant: Playing in a side as one optional piece of an attacking jigsaw in an attacking side where he could be productive

You mean - Like Rowett has indicated he wants...

Good point Ninos! Martin is a PERFECT fit for the new look Derby! Can't believe I didn't see it before!

On 2017-5-26 at 07:29, BurtonRam7 said:

Hahaha well the funny thing is, this donkey didn't had Hendrick or Thorne, and only had an out of form Bryson, Hughes and Johnny behind him. I'm talking about Darren Bent. Nice try.

Haha!

Just shows you how weird and deep the obsession goes. I read the chuckle brothers posts to my kids at bed time. Works a treat, bruv!

Archived