Reading FC v Derby County

Bwash_Ram

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

To the person who said do i have a drone no i dont i dont argee with them as they are dangerouse only people who should have them are the army when you country under attack to seek them out or emergancy service when something really bad happens to help seek people are still alive.

What about that drone that took a video over the iPro? That was lush

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I think the next Chris and Chris episode should be Chris and Chris take B4 for a hotdog and talk tatics.

Before rounding off with their big shop,of course. No doubt Bird will overload on Creme Eggs again without checking for the 2-for-1 deals first, can't wait to see the drama unfold there.

11 hours ago, feisty said:
  •  
  • You, B4, are different.  You communicate your passion in every post, your support for Derby is unflinching. In short, B4, you define what is to be a proper supporter. You actually "support". So you can be forgiven the odd rant and the odd typo. Keep supporting. We're proud to have you as a Derby fan! (and it is a big man who apologises!)

Sorry but can't be doing with double standards.

In what way is slating the same player over and over again (it's not just the odd rant, it's every time we don't win) most of the time when he has done nothing wrong, showing support?

There are numerous threads where people are going as far as saying our fans are a major cause of our current situation for getting on players backs, yet when b4 does it then it shows he is a great supporter? 

Well done to him for apologizing but we all know next time we lose a game and 'Bird' is on the pitch it will be his fault again.

On ‎01‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 20:03, 1967Ram said:

Went today. Second game of the season. Last one was Bristol City away. Late goals from the opposition in both! Today we started really slowly but so did Reading. They passed the ball around a lot with out doing much in the first half. Defensively we were sound and Butterfield, Hughes and Johnson looked good in the centre. We didn't keep the ball well though and kept giving it away.

Better in the second half. We seemed to have more ambition and deserved the goal when it came - Vydra looked good and deserved his goal IMO. He was unlucky to not score again a couple of minutes later after some good work and cross from Anya. Their goal was due to very poor defending from us. Even after that we could have scored again when Russell pulled the ball across the 6 yard box. Disappointing to draw in the end but probably a fair result over the 90 minutes.

I agree with many that 4 points out of 6 on the road is a good return.

Please don't go again

Having watched the highlights again, so may errors in our set up for the corner, going across the box from right to left.

What is Anya and Butterfield doing?

Why is Pearce challenging Johnson's man?

Why is there nobody marking the player on Carson?

Why does Baird stand in the middle of the box with his arm up? Is he really claiming offside?

Why isn't Baird goal side of his man, which would have meant he would have been goal side of Pearce's man who scored?

Why is there no one on the back post?

So many basic errors, just needed someone to take charge, and make sure they were set up correctly.

1 minute ago, rynny said:

Having watched the highlights again, so may errors in our set up for the corner, going across the box from right to left.

Why does Baird stand in the middle of the box with his arm up? Is he really claiming offside?

Why isn't Baird goal side of his man, which would have meant he would have been goal side of Pearce's man who scored?

So many basic errors, just needed someone to take charge, and make sure they were set up correctly.

Difficult to argue about any of that - so I won't :-) 

They will have all been told who they are picking up at corners, but if anything changes it is down to Carson and Keogh to get everyone organised. No matter what people felt about Martin, we do miss him at dead ball situations, it was often his head that got to the ball first.

3 minutes ago, rynny said:

It's not just the corner. Baird has three opportunities to close down the crosser of the ball the three times it's pumped into the box before the corner.

1 minute ago, angieram said:

I agree @rynny. If either Johnson or Pearce had got a clean header in there the threat was dealt with. Personally I think that Johnson is a good enough header of the ball to let him get on with it. Shame because Pearce played well apart from that. 

I think Bradley is one of our best in the air, Pearce just gets drawn to the ball, as you say it is a shame.

1 minute ago, bcnram said:

Difficult to argue about any of that - so I won't :-) 

They will have all been told who they are picking up at corners, but if anything changes it is down to Carson and Keogh to get everyone organised. No matter what people felt about Martin, we do miss him at dead ball situations, it was often his head that got to the ball first.

One thing that was very noticeable about Martin, he took a great position in our box, and looked as though Bradley was in a close to it. Not sure why Carson wasn't screaming blue murder at his defenders for allowing someone to stand on his toes with no protection.

3 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

It's not just the corner. Baird has three opportunities to close down the crosser of the ball the three times it's pumped into the box before the corner.

The worst part of that is when the ball just looped over him and bounced just behind him, kind of thing I see on a Sunday (normally to me :lol:)

On 01/10/2016 at 20:44, curtains said:

He gave us Vydra and Anya. 

I think £12m total did that. Unless he paid the £12m.

Besides, they've had a good start in a team battling relegation but yet to see their quality nearer the top of the table. 

46 minutes ago, rynny said:

And Christie - why is he on the edge of the box with Blackman. Keogh seems to be covering for Pearce, as Pearce has gone walkabout but no-one covers for Keogh. I don't think I've ever seen such awful defending.

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

And Christie - why is he on the edge of the box with Blackman. Keogh seems to be covering for Pearce, as Pearce has gone walkabout but no-one covers for Keogh. I don't think I've ever seen such awful defending.

Dunno about Christie, he seems to have got to grips with who he is marking, quite literally.

For me Keogh has his man, Pearce thought he could win the ball but loses out to Johnson's man, which leaves his man free, Baird doesn't know whether or not to cover Pearce or stay with his man, ends up doing neither, ball watching and wants offside (I think), there was a free man on Carson, Butterfield and Anya are in no man's land (unless there was an opportunity for the short corner, camera angle doesn't give conclusive evidence either way) and you not sure on Blackman, whether his player is just out of shot.

30 minutes ago, rynny said:

Dunno about Christie, he seems to have got to grips with who he is marking, quite literally.

Think that's Blackman holding and Christie just hanging about on the edge of the box, I mean where?! But haven't watched it back since yesterday...

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Think that's Blackman holding and Christie just hanging about on the edge of the box, I mean where?! But haven't watched it back since yesterday...

Nope you were right it is Blackman, maybe Christie has a player on the edge, cant tell from camera angle though.

Archived