Return of the Mac

toddy

1 minute ago, jono said:

Well I suppose we could all pretend something like Dallas that the last season and half were a dream and we wake up and start all over again.

That would mean Mac coming out the shower....No ta. :D

• Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, sage said:

His loans were good but most of his permanent signings were poor. He also has history with us of not signing what we need.

Dawkins, Whitbread, Christie, Thorne, Shotton, Warnock, Albentosa (Ince and Bent?)

Hit, Miss, Hit, Hit, Miss, Hit, Miss, (Hit and Hit) for me...

I'd count that as a decent record as far as "scraping around for budget" signings go... If you get 50% decent signings when you have next to no money then you're doing okay for me... Remember some of the Jim Smith signings?

Oh my life.

What a ridiculous decision. Irrespective of what he did or didn't do last time the fact that Mel has gone back for him shows how poor his "football side of things" decision making is. (can't question he's a successful and driven bloke outside of the game)

The trust completely broke down towards the end of his first spell and once the trust has gone once it's very difficult to imagine things suddenly becoming all sweetness and light. The trust between players, staff, management and leadership was smashed, it's going to take something really special to build those bridges.

Just now, cheron85 said:

Dawkins, Whitbread, Christie, Thorne, Shotton, Warnock, Albentosa (Ince and Bent?)

I'd count that as a decent record as far as "scraping around for budget" signings go... If you get 50% decent signings when you have next to no money then you're doing okay for me... Remember some of the Jim Smith signings?

Was Whitebread a Mac signing? 

Thought he signed in the final Clough summer.

Just now, unclej said:

I cannot believe it.  Utterly staggering. What has happened to my club? 

We've gone back to what we know worked in the past. 

Whether it will work going forward we'll have to wait and see. 

But no point gambling on a manager who plays a new style when we have someone who knows these players and loves the club. *supposedly*

3 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

Oh my life.

What a ridiculous decision. Irrespective of what he did or didn't do last time the fact that Mel has gone back for him shows how poor his "football side of things" decision making is. (can't question he's a successful and driven bloke outside of the game)

The trust completely broke down towards the end of his first spell and once the trust has gone once it's very difficult to imagine things suddenly becoming all sweetness and light. The trust between players, staff, management and leadership was smashed, it's going to take something really special to build those bridges.

I get the impression from the statement that Sam Rush is key to the decision. Sounds like Rush & Mac had a great relationship while he was here. 

4 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

You have a different definition of Hit to me, unless i am suffering from 's' blindness.

Archived