Beer Thread

Cisse

The Memsahib and I shared a 75 cl bottle of Brugse Zot Blond and a 33 cl bottle of Tynt Meadow today. Both lovely. I nearly managed to fire the cork from the Zot into my grandson's trampoline today - oh, so close, it hit the top of the net.

10 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Okay so I was a little sceptical about this Karmeleit hype but I just had one with dinner and it was bloomin marvellous! 

Glad you enjoyed it. My wife loves it - not her absolute favourite but it's up there, certainly in her top 5. What I really do like about it is the silky mouthfeel from the oats - I'm more of a dark beer person, but it's one of the tripels I really do keep coming back to time after time because it is so smooth.

5 hours ago, Eddie said:

Glad you enjoyed it. My wife loves it - not her absolute favourite but it's up there, certainly in her top 5. What I really do like about it is the silky mouthfeel from the oats - I'm more of a dark beer person, but it's one of the tripels I really do keep coming back to time after time because it is so smooth.

Went to Tesco at Heanor. My first time in a shop since March 18th.

They don't stock it there 

I bought some oven chips and went home in high dudgeon. Which was odd because I'd arrived in a Ford Focus..

11 minutes ago, sage said:

Went to Tesco at Heanor. My first time in a shop since March 18th.

They don't stock it there 

I bought some oven chips and went home in high dudgeon. Which was odd because I'd arrived in a Ford Focus..

Get yersen ter a proper un. Ayner enner big enough fer t'Karmeleit.

Apologies. I think I must have had an Owd Miner transplant.

Edited by Eddie

21 hours ago, Eddie said:

They have it in stock at Long Eaton which i guess is where your deliveries come from, but not in the Derby Tescos

3 minutes ago, sage said:

They have it in stock at Long Eaton which i guess is where your deliveries come from, but not in the Derby Tescos

I've just ordered 24 bottles of Tynt Meadow from Beers Of Europe for £6 cheaper than buying directly from the monastery.

Taking inspiration from @sage, I'm currently sucking down a Gulden Draak 9000. Followed by an Erdinger Pikantus.

Also, building up my stock, I've just put in orders from Belgiuminabox, BeersofEurope and web-bier.de.

If covid-19 is going to take me, I'm going to make sure that I'm pickled for posterity.

1 hour ago, sage said:

Tonights beer

15926877890642268600542663250104.jpg

I seem to have started a trend with the honey beers of late. Until I had the Vleteren last night, the Barbar Bok was my all-time favourite of that type. I feel like I've just seen my best mate out with a former girlfriend.

I had a honey one on Friday night as it happens. Very nice it was too, 12% impy.

untitled-art-untitled-art-honey-stout.jp

I tend to operate on the more (/overly) expensive, harder to find, one-off craft beer side of things where many people will baulk at the prices. This was part of a 6 for £40 selection at suds & soda but does include this and a 15% Macadamia & White chocolate stout! I can always find a way to justify the prices though...