Beer Thread

Cisse

Tonight's second little snifter...

871315428_samichlausschwarzes.thumb.jpg.eee616653c78e008afc7c77dda619c11.jpg

Samichlaus Schwarzes (and South Park on the tv).

This black monster is 14% abv, and it is a lager. And it's black, and very, very awesome. Sorry about the glassphemy (it's in the Gulden Draak 'dragon egg' glass - I don't have a Samichlaus glass, but I'm hoping that Samichlaus might bring me one.

16 hours ago, Boycie said:

Just picked up some Fun Sponge from the Furnace Inn, £3 a pint. Plus some Shiny Lager  £3.20 a pint and you can take your own containers or they provide.

Both Gluten Free 

@froggg recognise the pint pot? ??

image.jpg

Aye, that was a few years ago ?

Ive gone for an Erdinger selection tonight. 

2 x Weissbier, 1 x Dunkel, 1 × Pikantus. 

The Weissbier is easy drinking, lovely. The other 2 are drinkable but Im realising that I dont enjoy the darker beers so much. 

I bought a few 'Push Pineapple' IPA from Aldi last week. Slightly sweet, but a fantastic cold drink in the sunshine. 

32 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

Ive gone for an Erdinger selection tonight. 

2 x Weissbier, 1 x Dunkel, 1 × Pikantus. 

The Weissbier is easy drinking, lovely. The other 2 are drinkable but Im realising that I dont enjoy the darker beers so much. 

I bought a few 'Push Pineapple' IPA from Aldi last week. Slightly sweet, but a fantastic cold drink in the sunshine. 

Deutsche Bier for me too.

salvator.thumb.jpg.97eece7cc3e3cbd1591af3259334f22d.jpg

16 hours ago, Eddie said:

Love it, but I'm two-timing it. I love its little sister, Schneider Weisse Aventinus Eisbock, even more.

I like it too but I've noticed that the quality of it varies some from year to year. It is always good but sometimes it's even better.

1 hour ago, Cisse said:

I like it too but I've noticed that the quality of it varies some from year to year. It is always good but sometimes it's even better.

I had a bottle of Samichlaus Schwarzes (14% abv black lager from Austria) last week. Utterly stunning - so much more complex than the original and the Helles (which are still very nice if falling-over water is your thing - which, in my case, it certainly is).