Beer Thread

Cisse

23 hours ago, A Ram for All Seasons said:

Chickened out of the Straffe Hendrick at 11.8% but currently enjoying Leffe Bruin at a slightly more sanity-conserving 8%.

Although Leffe is perfectly drinkable, there are some utterly wonderful beers that are of comparable strength. Try Westmalle Dubbel and Chimay White for a start, then sample the Trappistes Rochefort 6 and 8 (the 10 is a bit strong, but it is world class). Pace yourself. Also, if you are still in Bruges, be sure to visit Staminee de Garre and have a glass of the house tripel. In my mind, if it isn't the best beer in the world, it's not far off.

On 19/08/2018 at 21:28, eddie said:

Although Leffe is perfectly drinkable, there are some utterly wonderful beers that are of comparable strength. Try Westmalle Dubbel and Chimay White for a start, then sample the Trappistes Rochefort 6 and 8 (the 10 is a bit strong, but it is world class). Pace yourself. Also, if you are still in Bruges, be sure to visit Staminee de Garre and have a glass of the house tripel. In my mind, if it isn't the best beer in the world, it's not far off.

Thanks for the recommendations. We are just sitting down for a glass of Westmalle Tripel and I have bought some Rochefort 8 to take home with me. Really taken with the brown beers though.

16 hours ago, A Ram for All Seasons said:

Thanks for the recommendations. We are just sitting down for a glass of Westmalle Tripel and I have bought some Rochefort 8 to take home with me. Really taken with the brown beers though.

Buy a couple of LaTrappe Quadrupels too. Amazing

Got one of them beer52 codes off a podcast I listen to. 8 craft beers for £2.95 for the first month (£24 after do make sure to unsubscribe). Ordered at 2pm yesterday and should be here today! Always wary of these types of deals (ie you are probably getting the stock that doesn’t sell) but I’ll let you know how it is!

Just watched the news and UK men rate 62nd in the world ranking of highest male drinkers. A touch disappointing. 

However, a nod to the UK women who rate 8th in the world of female drinkers.

Probobly explains the influx of Gin and Cider in our local pubs.......?