Beer Thread

Cisse

28 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

I use Beer 52, it's half price if you use this link. Awaiting my second box with them which has been delayed for some reason. 

Expecting my Mikkeller subscription box in a couple weeks straight from Denmark.

Cheers, seen that one before and thought it looked good. Might go for that if I don't get any beers for Father's Day!

1 hour ago, Gritters said:

I quite like Blue Monkey beers. They are based near Ikea.

Are you saying the beer's flat?

I have decided to take a slightly different approach to my diet.

I returned home from Belgium over two weeks ago and since then, I have had just two bottles of beer. However, the weather is going to turn very warm or hot, and it is therefore vitally important to maintain fluid levels, especially while sitting in the sunshine watching Derbyshire.

Although it wasn't that sunny today, and the cricket match in question was England A v West Indies A, I felt justified in trialling a new approach.

1. Have no breakfast

2. Have a couple of beers at the cricket match

Same number of calories approximately, but vital fluids maintained.

I tried a bottle of Corsendonk Summum Roodbruin today. Nice.

2 minutes ago, eddie said:

I returned home from Belgium over two weeks ago and since then, I have had just two bottles of beer. However, the weather is going to turn very warm or hot, and it is therefore vitally important to maintain fluid levels, especially while sitting in the sunshine watching Derbyshire.

Although it wasn't that sunny today, and the cricket match in question was England A v West Indies A, I felt justified in trialling a new approach.

1. Have no breakfast

Spot on assessment Eddie.

39 minutes ago, eddie said:

1. Have no breakfast

You've reached retirement behaving as you have so far, yet now you decide to change your lifestyle?

Something has got to kill you, don't let it be boredom!

45 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

You've reached retirement behaving as you have so far, yet now you decide to change your lifestyle?

Something has got to kill you, don't let it be boredom!

My weight ballooned up to 20 st 12 lb after I retired - I reckon I put on the best past of 3 stone in 6 months. I never used to eat breakfast when I was working - goodness knows why I got into the habit of doing so after I retired. So just for a while, brekky is going to have to sacrifice itself so that Belgian beer may live on in my life.

I was told breakfast kick starts your metabolism, therefore an essential aspect of a diet.

Obviously not a great big fry up.

Porridge is good.

Then a nice beer.

John Monk Smiths Cream Flow is nice I hear?

12 minutes ago, eddie said:

My weight ballooned up to 20 st 12 lb after I retired - I reckon I put on the best past of 3 stone in 6 months. I never used to eat breakfast when I was working - goodness knows why I got into the habit of doing so after I retired. So just for a while, brekky is going to have to sacrifice itself so that Belgian beer may live on in my life.

A balanced Belgian breakfast perhaps?

https://world-food-and-wine.com/breakfast-in-belgium

On 23/06/2018 at 22:28, Boycie said:

I was told breakfast kick starts your metabolism, therefore an essential aspect of a diet.

Obviously not a great big fry up.

Porridge is good.

Then a nice beer.

John Monk Smiths Cream Flow is nice I hear?

https://www.nhs.uk/news/food-and-diet/breakfast-not-the-most-important-meal-of-the-day/

Not true. Makes no difference if you have breakfast or not. 

1 hour ago, Lambchop said:

Gaol Ales Black Maria; yesterday, obviously, I'm not having it for breakfast. 

I'm becoming increasingly fond of easy drinking dark ales, and this is a good one. 

2C1539F3-3299-4B00-9704-B725AF4E74FD.jpeg

I had a Thornbridge Lucaria on Saturday. An ice cream porter. Lovely