Derby County v Blackburn Rovers

DEL

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this is a massive game. If we lose we will almost certainly be in the relegation zone ....

We will become the Twilight Zone of the EFL - Clement's mysterious sacking ..... Just what is the 'Derby Way?' ...... How can that squad be at the bottom of the league??

We need some positive signs that the team are relaxing and making chances.

0 - 0. I think NP will shut up shop and aim for a clean sheet rather than risk another defeat trying to get goals.

drop carson in favour of mitchell - Carson has been error strewn and his distribution is poor

drop olsson in favour of lowe - like lowe more and more every time I see him, this is a good game to cut your teeth on

drop hughes in favour of johnson - Hughes and Bryson doesn't work for me as a pair, and at the moment Bryson is offering more.

play anya and weimann as your two wide men, supporting vydra and blackman as a front 2.

Early goal -  4-0.

No early goal, 0-0 into the last 10, Derby doing all the pressing, Blackburn backs to the wall. And then? Who knows.

Mitchell; Baird, Keogh, Pearce, Lowe; Johnson, Bryson, Butterfield; Hughes; Vydra, Weimann. 

4-3-1-2

Wouldn't be averse to swapping Butters with Hughes, but for me that's an attacking looking side and likely to suit our players. 

We could always keep plodding on with 4-4-2 and playing strikers and centre mids on the wing. 

Who and whatever selected, we need to be turning over the worst side in the division, for many reasons. And I think we will do. 

Good odds for a Blackburn win. We're hopeless and I'm going for 0-2 Blackburn. Usually outmuscle is but usually we win when our class shows. No class anymore so can't see us winning. It's going to be a hard few seasons of change. Too many below average players like the billy Davies era. But at least they wouldn't have been on wages any way near what these losers are on 

Surely to god we've gotta win this! Like surely, it's Blackburn....pleaseeeee:lol: tbh I think this will finally be a win, even tho Blackburn will have a bit more confidence I think surely to god we'll have the quality to beat them even if it isn't the best performance in the world. But if we don't... well I think Pearson will need to buy some removal boxes and empty his office! Anyway this is what I'd play, 

Mitchell

Baird         Keogh       Shackell       Olsson (sadly)

Johnson     Hughes

Anya      Weimann        Camara

Vydra

subs: Carson Christie Pearce butterfield Ince Bryson Wilson

Think that Mitchell deserves to keep his place, he was class against Liverpool and looked far better and more assured than Carson has recently, Christie was frankly awful but tbf I'm not too sure Baird is that much of a better option- would have also have dropped Olsson as he's been poor in recent weeks but we don't really have an option. I'd defiantly keep Johnson in there, he looked like he was getting back to his old self yesterday and broke up play very well on occasion, could provide much needed strength to stop out midfield being cut open so often, and allow Hughes to move further forward. I'd play those front four for an injection of pace, weimann looked to be linking well with vydra at the weekend, so I'd try to get those two close together as they seem to be on a similar wavelength. The pace and skill of that front four would surely cause a bit of panic in the shaky Blackburn defence, and hopefully with Hughes further up the field we can start to create more chances. Maybe it's a bit harsh on butterfield to leave him on the bench, but I'm sure he'd be ready if called upon- Wilson should stay as an impact sub imo until he is fitter- he'll have more effect there

1 hour ago, VulcanRam said:

drop carson in favour of mitchell - Carson has been error strewn and his distribution is poor

drop olsson in favour of lowe - like lowe more and more every time I see him, this is a good game to cut your teeth on

drop hughes in favour of johnson - Hughes and Bryson doesn't work for me as a pair, and at the moment Bryson is offering more.

play anya and weimann as your two wide men, supporting vydra and blackman as a front 2.

Early goal -  4-0.

No early goal, 0-0 into the last 10, Derby doing all the pressing, Blackburn backs to the wall. And then? Who knows.

Ah holy f***......that's not the way forward.  Can't drop our most talented player for a man who hasn't been able to complete 5 yard passes in a Rams shirt.  And what on earth is Blackman doing on the pitch?   

How about instead, play Johnson, Bryson and Hughes....and leave Blackman out?  The rest of your team I quite like. 

Mitchell 

christie Keogh Pearce Olson 

hughes Bryson Johnson 

anya Vydra Wilson/wieman ( depending on fitness) 

mitchell due to the fact that he can actually get it to the forwards and quickly ( Carson doesn't do anything quickly)

johnson in purely due to his height and heading ability

i assume Pearson to have plan A of hitting it into the channels and running after it, plan B if the defence drops off to stop plan A - nothing really based on the season so far, then we  wonder why we don't have a centre forward who can control the football and pass it inside

48 minutes ago, Highgate said:

Ah holy f***......that's not the way forward.  Can't drop our most talented player for a man who hasn't been able to complete 5 yard passes in a Rams shirt.  And what on earth is Blackman doing on the pitch?   

How about instead, play Johnson, Bryson and Hughes....and leave Blackman out?  The rest of your team I quite like. 

Tell me that Hughes is playing well and that's fine, I'll disagree.

Yes, he is our most talented player but he isn't playing well in my opinion and I don't like him and Bryson in a two man midfield. Play him too deep and he's ineffective, play him too high and like last night he's not involved enough because we don't play to his strengths and in a midfield two he and Bryson haven't yet  imposed themselves enough so far. Johnson looked more like his old self last night and needs game time to improve. I still think he can be a big player for us.

As for Blackman, tbh we're just not creating enough clear cut chances with Vydra up there on his own and Wilson lurking somewhere behind (not necessarily away, but at home when teams stick 11 behind the ball). I think with someone higher up with Vydra he'd benefit more. So it's Wilson, Bent or Blackman - given what we'd be asking them to do then Blackman would be my choice. Wilson hasn't impressed me so far and Bent, well I just don't know.

3 hours ago, Warren Hobhead said:

Mitchell; Baird, Keogh, Pearce, Lowe; Johnson, Bryson, Butterfield; Hughes; Vydra, Weimann. 

4-3-1-2

Wouldn't be averse to swapping Butters with Hughes, but for me that's an attacking looking side and likely to suit our players. 

We could always keep plodding on with 4-4-2 and playing strikers and centre mids on the wing. 

Who and whatever selected, we need to be turning over the worst side in the division, for many reasons. And I think we will do. 

Baird? Why? His pace?

1 hour ago, VulcanRam said:

Tell me that Hughes is playing well and that's fine, I'll disagree.

Yes, he is our most talented player but he isn't playing well in my opinion and I don't like him and Bryson in a two man midfield. Play him too deep and he's ineffective, play him too high and like last night he's not involved enough because we don't play to his strengths and in a midfield two he and Bryson haven't yet  imposed themselves enough so far. Johnson looked more like his old self last night and needs game time to improve. I still think he can be a big player for us.

As for Blackman, tbh we're just not creating enough clear cut chances with Vydra up there on his own and Wilson lurking somewhere behind (not necessarily away, but at home when teams stick 11 behind the ball). I think with someone higher up with Vydra he'd benefit more. So it's Wilson, Bent or Blackman - given what we'd be asking them to do then Blackman would be my choice. Wilson hasn't impressed me so far and Bent, well I just don't know.

Has anyone been playing well?

Haven't seen anything from Blackman to suggest he warrants a place in the starting 11.  I wouldn't even have him on the bench.  I'd prefer to see a 3 man midfield, with the two wide men supporting the lone striker but that's just a personal choice.  But whether it's a 3 or 2 man midfield, Hughes has to play.   You see it differently, fair enough. 

Archived