Derby County v Blackburn Rovers

DEL

My heart says:

Ince finally finds himself in the right place at the right time, Anya tripples his tally so far and Vydra scores an overhead goal of the season. Blackburn give up and don't attack.

My mind says:

if we score it'll probably be a Blackburn own goal and Blackburn will score an equaliser or winner  in the 96th minute.

God, how could I get any more negative? COYR :sleep:

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

I don't think we really know how good any of our combinations are because they haven't had the service and support of our midfield yet.

Bryson, Hughes and Butterfield have all been busy trying to win their battles and protect the back four.

Only when they have the confidence to venture further forward will we see how our strikers deal with better service.

Last Saturday gave us glimpses.

I just think they will all look better players once they have a goal or two under their belts.

Yes I think this is the truth of it. We haven't seen our team setting out for a "normal days work" ..

The poor results have meant we are walking out of the tunnel mentally speaking on the back foot - That is mostly due to fine margins of luck (let's face it we could easily have 5 more points; taking account of overall performances against Ipswich and Bristol.  AND as fans we'd all be saying "not there yet but looking better" 

1 hour ago, joooools said:

My heart says:

Ince finally finds himself in the right place at the right time, Anya tripples his tally so far and Vydra scores an overhead goal of the season. Blackburn give up and don't attack.

My mind says:

if we score it'll probably be a Blackburn own goal and Blackburn will score an equaliser or winner  in the 96th minute.

God, how could I get any more negative? COYR :sleep:

I like the heart better personally :thumbsup:

i am going full of positive vibes that tomorrow is the day it is going to click .. It won't be a huge score but comfortable win where players and fans see that we can play a decent game .. I reckon 2-0 or 3-1 and smiles all round. 

Donations to my new happy clapper website always welcome 

On 21/09/2016 at 10:27, David said:

A warm cloudy day at the iPro with 27,000 fans in attendance will witness not one but 2 Matěj Vydra goals as the Rams are rampant in a 3-0 victory against the chicken fiddlers.

Call me nuts I'll call you a hairy pork scratching, we're going to win and it will be bloody glorious.

can i have  some of what ever your taking,I will be happy to see a goal unless its Carson trying to get on the score sheet

1 minute ago, ram1964 said:

can i have  some of what ever your taking,I will be happy to see a goal unless its Carson trying to get on the score sheet

Sure, I get mine from Boots as there's lots of fakes online, not worth the risk 

IMG_0747.JPG

Right, I feel tomorrow will be our day, first home win of the season, score a early goal and that will settle the players and crowd, then we will get a second and third, 3-0 to the Rams,Well I hope that will happen? As supporters lets go get behind the lads tomorrow and drive them on to victory, what's it worth goal scores tomorrow, Vydra 2 and Anya gets one. Once we get a win behind us watch the confidence grow, and the results will follow. Once a ram always a ram.

10 hours ago, Ramarena said:

Possible, but he'd need to add more goal threat to his game.

exactly that, I'd expect a number 10 to chip in with his fair share of goals, and shooting is by far the weakest part of Hughes' game, to the point that he rarely every tries. I prefer to see him pulling strings if he's got the right players around him.

9 hours ago, Ninos said:

Assuming fitness, Pearson must go with Wilson and Vydra until their strong partnership forms or they just fail. Bent is good at heading the ball on so could provide a foil for Vydra - that's a possibility - but bent is infuriating to watch he's so inconsistent and offside an unforgivable amount. Didn't surprise me that we were strongly linked with another striker in the window. Think we will get one in Jan.

I got nightmares of seeing Bent with a two year contract extension!

Same formation, because that's what we'e going sink or simon under Pearson.

Vydra back alongside Bent, hopefully, because that's as good as we can muster. Wilson can **** off.

Rest of the team picks itself, except for whether or not Ince or Weimann come in wide. I couldn't give much of a **** either way, as I can't see either of them having a jot impact at the moment.

I think we'll lose. Then you'll see a meltdown.

I said after Ipswich that I could see a situation where we were staring down the barrel of 1 or 2 goals in eh first 8 games, looking at bottom 3, thumped by Liverpool and the Blackburn game as a real bottom 3 6 pointer. Here we are. I also said that if we lose the crowd would start to turn an Pearson would come under pressure (not from me). We'll see.

32 minutes ago, needles said:

Vydra back alongside Bent, hopefully, because that's as good as we can muster. Wilson can **** off.

Rest of the team picks itself, except for whether or not Ince or Weimann come in wide. I couldn't give much of a **** either way, as I can't see either of them having a jot impact at the moment.

I said after Ipswich that I could see a situation where we were staring down the barrel of 1 or 2 goals in eh first 8 games, looking at bottom 3, thumped by Liverpool and the Blackburn game as a real bottom 3 6 pointer. Here we are. I also said that if we lose the crowd would start to turn an Pearson would come under pressure (not from me). We'll see.

Good post mate.

After i'd stopped laughing at the "sink or simon" bit that is....

2 hours ago, needles said:

So basically you predicted that we would draw away to Bristol and lose easily to Liverpool. Paddypower must be quaking in his boots.

What I would like to see:

Mitchell

Christie    Keogh    Shackell    Olsson

Ince    Butterfield    Hughes    Anya

Vydra    Wilson

What I think we will play:

Carson

Christie    Keogh    Pearce    Olsson

Weimann    Bryson    Hughes    Anya

Vydra    Bent

8 hours ago, Reithe glas said:

So basically you predicted that we would draw away to Bristol and lose easily to Liverpool. Paddypower must be quaking in his boots.

Not even so good as that I'm afraid, I said that I could envisage us not winning at Bristol and losing heavily to Liverpool. It's the pressure coming on Pearson bit that is relevant. I just don't want us to be that club...but how long does the fanbase give a manager who can't buy a goal, never mind a win? How long does Mel give it? If we lose, play badly, and the boos ring out from a significant section, would Mel be into "vote of confidence" territory?

For me it's hope to win, but keep your head if we lose.

Archived