Derby County v Blackburn Rovers

DEL

19 minutes ago, davenportram said:

We weren't scoring goals for fun when we went from automatic contenders to out of the playoffs.

You mean the season where he lost the spine of the team due to injury in a two week spell?

Plus we still scored an absolute boatload we were just shipping quite a few as well

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Where do you start with that. Tactically non existent, no shape, no style, no passion. Worst performance since the  Paul Jewell days, I'm sure NP will turn it around but it's going to be along hard season........or is it, can we do a Palace like a few years ago, steam into the play offs late doors. That was I'm hanging onto COYR 

What gives you enough faith to be "sure" Texas? 

I'm kind of in the space of thinking "well,  it MIGHT turn around but I can't really see an obvious catalyst for it to do so".

3 hours ago, oldtimeram said:

Where is that chap that was at Watford last season?....cannot remember his name?

Sanches Flores but he is at espanyol now who are rich as **** with their Chinese investment. Good luck trying to persuade him and their club to come here without bankrupting our club

1 hour ago, Abu Derby said:

I must say that the entertainment during the half time interval was excellent and very amusing.  

It was the best part of the afternoon... And many people around me agreed. Lion messi doing handstands and Wayne kangarooney tripping up were almost worth the admission price. 

17 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

What gives you enough faith to be "sure" Texas? 

I'm kind of in the space of thinking "well,  it MIGHT turn around but I can't really see an obvious catalyst for it to do so".

To be honest I'm not sure, I'm just not in the position yet not to want to believe in him. I'm like a 8 year old kid wanting to believe in Farther Chrsitmas, but in the back of my mind that niggley feeling that maybe it's just mum and dad who bring my stuff. For now I still believe but it's being severely tested :(

1 hour ago, kingsy1884 said:

Overall I didnt think we played horrendously and we scored at home and took the lead we should have pushed on from there but we were so open after we scored and within minutes the fragile confidence of this team was blown to bits. Troubling time ahead but I we should still have hope, although it is waning thin.

Carson - 4 - His distribution is still bad. Mtichell in please.

Ollsson - 5 - Tries hard enough but he is half the player Fozzy is

Pearce - 3 - Hopeless in the air at fault for the Penalty and both blackburn goals sooner Shackell is back the better

Keogh - 5 - Reads the game well but Pearce left him woefully exposed time after time

Christie - 6 - Our main outlet the whole game

Butterfield - 6 - Looked solid I just wish he would get his head up and pass the damn ball

Bryson - 5 - Not made for a 2 man midfield far to dimunutive workrate is still a plus though

Hughes - 6 - No space to play but overall played well

Anya - 7 - Caused them trouble all game unlucky to be ruled offside for his goal

Bent - 7 - Clearly been working on his heading, offered an outlet all game, cant fault his workrate unlucky to be subbed

Vydra - 6 - Took his goal really well but could easily have had a hattrick today

-------

Wiemann - 5 - Ran around a bit that was about it.

Blackman - 3 - The man is stealing a living. How we have him and not Martin at this club is a disgrace

Ince - 4 - Came on in difficult circumstances but did very little. Good tracking back at the last though to prevent a 3rd goal

That's a scary thought ! If he's our main outlet! 

1 hour ago, kingsy1884 said:

Overall I didnt think we played horrendously and we scored at home and took the lead we should have pushed on from there but we were so open after we scored and within minutes the fragile confidence of this team was blown to bits. Troubling time ahead but I we should still have hope, although it is waning thin.

Carson - 4 - His distribution is still bad. Mtichell in please.

Ollsson - 5 - Tries hard enough but he is half the player Fozzy is

Pearce - 3 - Hopeless in the air at fault for the Penalty and both blackburn goals sooner Shackell is back the better

Keogh - 5 - Reads the game well but Pearce left him woefully exposed time after time

Christie - 6 - Our main outlet the whole game

Butterfield - 6 - Looked solid I just wish he would get his head up and pass the damn ball

Bryson - 5 - Not made for a 2 man midfield far to dimunutive workrate is still a plus though

Hughes - 6 - No space to play but overall played well

Anya - 7 - Caused them trouble all game unlucky to be ruled offside for his goal

Bent - 7 - Clearly been working on his heading, offered an outlet all game, cant fault his workrate unlucky to be subbed

Vydra - 6 - Took his goal really well but could easily have had a hattrick today

-------

Wiemann - 5 - Ran around a bit that was about it.

Blackman - 3 - The man is stealing a living. How we have him and not Martin at this club is a disgrace

Ince - 4 - Came on in difficult circumstances but did very little. Good tracking back at the last though to prevent a 3rd goal

I agree with all this... And how on earth was anya ruled offside again? 

30 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

To be honest I'm not sure, I'm just not in the position yet not to want to believe in him. I'm like a 8 year old kid wanting to believe in Farther Chrsitmas, but in the back of my mind that niggley feeling that maybe it's just mum and dad who bring my stuff. For now I still believe but it's being severely tested :(

Hope that your belief is rewarded mate.

Leave a sherry and mince pie out, plus a carrot for rudolph and by the morning we might be playoff contenders once again :lol:

I have been one of the strongest advocates for giving Pearson time, but I get the feeling that Tuesday night will be win or bust.

It's still very early in the season and usually I would be dead against sacking a manager after 10 games but when you are losing to teams in the bottom six at home in the manner we did today, it is very difficult to find cause for hope and cause for optimism moving forward.

Today's game was the one game we will have all earmarked as the one that might kick start our season, because for weeks, that's all we've been looking for. One win, one performance to lift spirits and give us hope. Yet it has continued to elude us and in relatively tight games, things haven't run for us. In that scenario, games like today's take on massive significance. You have to beat the teams around you whether you're top six or bottom six and with that in mind, there was a lot at stake. I had a sneaking suspicion we'd wilt under the pressure of today's occasion because it would be typical of us. For it to actually happen was extremely deflating.

Another defeat on Tuesday and the confidence and self-belief of players, fans and the tea lady alike will have completely eroded. I am sure I won't be alone in beginning to wonder where the next win is coming from and that is worrying for a club that has occupied the top six for the most part of the last three seasons and a group of players that is, by and large, used to winning.

It seems impossible to fathom just how far the club has fallen and how quickly. When the results finally come, you can brush off a bad start and for me, that's all it has felt like. Up until now. Today was the first time I started to wonder. When you can't even lift yourselves for a game like today's, when you can't even grind out a result in a game as important as today's, maybe we deserve to be where we are. 

Top six was the aim at the start of the season and the margin between us and the top six is growing and growing. It's already 10 points. It's a long season and perhaps we'll still come good but with each passing game, I feel less and less confident about that.

6 points from 9 games, 3 goals scored, 4 losses in our last 5 league games and winless in six. It's a record for a club with our infrastructure and our playing squad that is becoming impossible to defend and maybe for Pearson, impossible to turn around when the players have never looked particularly agreeable or receptive to his methods in the first place.

Here's to a fighting response on Tuesday. Boy do we need it. :lol:

Came away so angry and dejected today, mood lifted briefly on hearing the red dogs had spuffed it up at the last but then  remembered how totally inept we were today

was thinking what on earth we can change player wise to move us forward and then remembered that clement has spunked 25 odd million on players that when given the chance have looked totally inept in every department sat on the bench or not even in the squad 

Not stupid enough to put the blame for today or this season on clement, that lies purely with the guy who thinks punting 50-60 yard balls up into no mans land is the most constructive way to win a football match but clement was to us what David platt was to forest and I fear we may count that cost for a couple of Seasons at least 

Difficult day for me all round. First had to get childcare sorted (at cost) then drop kid off at club in Sheffield then drive down to Derby where out of the blue had a pretty huge panic attack in the car park (anxiety sufferer of 5 years now). Had to sit it out for a while and was close to just going home again but found the resolve to make my way to the ground and get into my seat somehow and try to calm myself down a bit. I gave myself a pat on the back for ploughing on with it but left wondering what the point to it all was.

Like the bloke who paid £102 train fare to get there today (hats off that man) many sacrifices are made by many fans in their own sets of circumstances to get to games and you get some players who clearly are in the comfort zone and have no intention of feeling the fear and doing it anyway.

I know many want Pearson out and I think he's a really dour, uninspiring manager but i'm gradually coming around to the opinion that many of these Derby players need a real good kick up the arse and need to look in the mirror and start taking some responsibility for themselves and others. NP has a lot to answer for currently of course but he's only got this set of players to work with and i'm afraid based on the games I've seen many of them are weak willed, lazy cowards. Not a lot really NP can do about this other than either play the youngsters who REALLY WANT THIS and risk even more flak if it doesn't come off or somehow see his way through this season gradually waving goodbye to some of these on easy street.

I have to reiterate that this squad of players we have by and large are a talented bunch who don't lack ability yet for some reason we are playing poorly week in week out. Yes today wasn't really awful a performance but I negate that with two things. First of all it's Blackburn. If we had played like that today against Newcastle then fair enough but it's Blackburn. All they did was exactly what Ipswich did which was to make themselves organised and try and hit on the break. For all our attacking play we had a Butterfield shot first half that required a save and second half a Vydra header and then the goal. That was it really for half chances. We again created very little despite having numerous crosses, corners and possession. Blackburn created the better chances despite having less in the final third.

Not one of our players is willing to take control. We take ages taking goal kicks, we take ages on throw ins, free kicks, subs come on and just jog at walking pace into their positions. Where is their urgency and fire? We are so unbelievably predictable and pedestrian (which has improved with Anya and Vydra - Anya especially the one bright light in all of this mess) and Christie does get forward although he needs 5 crosses to get one right and his lack of awareness making runs in between the defenders is shocking. He hugs the touchline and that's that.

Hughes is industrious as ever but the rest of the squad are not pushing themselves to the limit by and large.They are playing safe and not putting it all in and it's pretty obvious to see. You can go on about tactics and formation but today we are still no further forward than we were pre season.  We still cannot sustain any periods of pressure, we still cannot create any real sequences of clear cut chances at goal, we still have no idea what to do when faced with a team like Ipswich / Blackburn (partly NP's fault - he knows the way they'll play so replicate it on the training ground and bloody well sort it out for the next unadventurous side to come to the iPro of which there will be many.) God help us if a team really had a crack at us.

Not really sure where to go from here.

I understand all the anger against Pearson but if, if it IS some of the players with bad attitudes then he'll weed them out, get rid and bring in his own and then we can properly judge him. I don't have any sympathy for him as he's a highly paid man and he isn't doing anything anywhere close to what he's paid by his employers to do but many of these players we have need to get at it or get lost. They aren't doing what THEY are paid for either. It's not all NP and he needs this season to try and sort it out. I can't see us getting relegated but this season is already a complete write off and we just need to get behind the players that are putting the effort in even if it's not happening for them. If they're giving it everything we'll see it and appreciate it.

Long post I guess and really hoping for at least 3 points from the next 2 away games.

Bent, Ince, Blackman IMO aren't in the right frame of mind to be a success for this football club. I'd rather some youngsters get given chances now as they've had theirs.

COME ON YOU RAMS!!

We were the better side but still somehow managed to lose. That's a skill in itself. Terrible result. 

I don't do ratings but the back four were all poor, the strikers weren't great but had poor service, Anya tries but is about as effective as Russell, Bryson was as committed as ever, Butterfield the only one trying to make things happen, Hughes just sat in and played safe. Poor all round. The subs were pathetic, especially Ince. 

I don't believe Pearson should be immune to criticism but the players are to blame today. Not enough leaders. Too many seemed to be waiting for others to affect the game. That's why I credit just Butters and Bryson today. 

We look a bottom three club. Sad times. But I suppose things can only get better? ?

Just want to say a word for Vydra 

of all the players on the pitch he looked totally committed to the cause from start to finish. I bet he is knackered tonight. 

fluffed and early chance but kept his cool and scored. Got on the end of a couple of difficult headers and but for a good keeper might have had a second.

he also cleared a difficult one when defending. Went back to half way to try and get the ball on numerous occasions and at the end was even going out to the left wing to try and stimulate something when others were faffing around. 

If we can rescue this season and regain some confidence he could be a proper old fashioned local hero 

Archived