Forum getting stronger and better

archied

got to say that this is becoming a very good forum ,, the debate on the whole is cracking and it seems to be getting stronger , I've been on this one and jumped into posting but also read another one ( Derby mad I think ) but never got into posting at times I would get frustrated switching between the two and trying to keep track but it seems a good few of the posters from the other are now posting on here too , easyer for my pea brain to keep track of once I'm used to seeing them on here and the red dwarf effect fades

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whilst we're fawning over the forum I will say it is very well moderated. I can count on one hand the number of posts I've ever seen edited or deleted. That may not seem remarkable, but after seeing the way some little Hitlers and raging ideologues abuse their power on other sites it makes a refreshing change.

I like the layout of the message board too. Simple, clean and clear. Minimal adverts and non that are animated.

55 minutes ago, Anon said:

Whilst we're fawning over the forum I will say it is very well moderated. I can count on one hand the number of posts I've ever seen edited or deleted.

Really appreciate the kind words in this thread, we don't always get it right, some love us, others hate us but the above is partly down to the speed and general awesomeness of the moderators (except Boycie) that give up their own free time to keep this place running smoothly, unfortunately a lot more have been removed or edited recently. 

Results have seen an increase in things getting a little too personal between members, frustration is understandable but some are still finding it hard to politely disagree.

Not just that but we're STILL getting members that want to post "rumours" that could result in legal action, when banned run off to other forums acting all innocent claiming Mel is getting them banned. 

Oh and duplicate accounts are still an issue, you may notice several posts missing from the Shackell and other threads this morning from an ex member on his 4th account now. 

IMG_0697.JPG

22 minutes ago, David said:

Really appreciate the kind words in this thread, we don't always get it right, some love us, others hate us but the above is partly down to the speed and general awesomeness of the moderators (except Boycie) that give up their own free time to keep this place running smoothly, unfortunately a lot more have been removed or edited recently. 

Results have seen an increase in things getting a little too personal between members, frustration is understandable but some are still finding it hard to politely disagree.

Not just that but we're STILL getting members that want to post "rumours" that could result in legal action, when banned run off to other forums acting all innocent claiming Mel is getting them banned. 

Oh and duplicate accounts are still an issue, you may notice several posts missing from the Shackell and other threads this morning from an ex member on his 4th account now. 

I would quite like a name and shame area to laugh at people who post from multiple accounts, agreeing with themselves and liking their own posts.

I guess I miss many of the things that are deleted and in general I'd say I don't agree, even though personal arguments can derail threads. Sometimes it's better to let the community see when a poster is rude and spiteful so we can react accordingly.

34 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Oh god...give it a rest... Some of us are trying to eat whilst you are all sliming up to @David....

reminds me of the clip in Snatch with the amazing brick top..

"pull your tongue out my @rse Gary, you're not a dog are you? Although you do display all the characteristics of a dog, except loyalty" - bag over the head..

Gave you a like for the Snatch quote :lol:

I posted on Derby mad for a long time, but the more time I spend on here, the more I realise it was too long. Some great guys over there but the website was appalling. Navigation is so easy over here.

I always have a gander on the oppositions forum before a game, but rarely are they as good as on here. 

Discussion is also top notch, although people can get a tad dramatic if it isn't going our way. 

Archived