Wilson

CastletonRam

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Disagree.... I thought tonight he worked hard. Drops deep to pick up a pass to bring the midfield into play then gets back up front.... Pity decision making and the final ball in from those behind him is nothing short of horrendous most the time.... Not beating the first man or lofting it over the top. Wilson is miles better than Bent.

I think he's a coward. He may have a bit of skill, he may even have periods in his career where he scores, but he'll never be a top striker because he hasn't got the balls to impose himself. Hasn't got an outstanding asset either. Not that quick. Not that good in the air. Not that clever on the deck. Isn't going to skin anyone. Did better tonight than Saturday, but he was unspeakably ***** at the weekend so it's not hard. Bent's performance when he came on should get the nod at Bristol.

2 minutes ago, needles said:

I think he's a coward. He may have a bit of skill, he may even have periods in his career where he scores, but he'll never be a top striker because he hasn't got the balls to impose himself. Hasn't got an outstanding asset either. Not that quick. Not that good in the air. Not that clever on the deck. Isn't going to skin anyone. Did better tonight than Saturday, but he was unspeakably ***** at the weekend so it's not hard. Bent's performance when he came on should get the nod at Bristol.

Definite aspects of what you you say, who knows but I don't see a long future at his parent club.

Some of those layoff touches tonight were perfect....infact they all were weren't they?? someone watch the game back!

thought he looked better tonight, not so good against newcastle, but he's quick and hungry, good combination, hopefully he can start scoring...though i did think we looked more of a threat when bent came on...:/

27 minutes ago, needles said:

Whilst I don't necessarily disagree with what you've said about Wilson, there is no way in hell Bent should be starting for Derby County. He is awful, a finisher who can't finish and is a liability in build-up play. He shouldn't  even be coming off the bench - we play 441 when he does. At least Wilson has shown he can link up occasionally with other players on the team.

10 hours ago, DerbyRam! said:

Some of those layoff touches tonight were perfect....infact they all were weren't they?? someone watch the game back!

Look at his stats on whoscored.com for the game last night and it backs up what I saw

in 63 minutes on the pitch he had 28 touches and made 16 passes with an accuracy of 75%

1 pass was an accurate long ball

1 pass was an inaccurate cross field ball

no through ball passes

12 hours ago, PodgeyRam said:

Whilst I don't necessarily disagree with what you've said about Wilson, there is no way in hell Bent should be starting for Derby County. He is awful, a finisher who can't finish and is a liability in build-up play. He shouldn't  even be coming off the bench - we play 441 when he does. At least Wilson has shown he can link up occasionally with other players on the team.

Darren Bent has at least scored this season , get off his back . As for James Wilson , welcome to Derby County mate , have every aspect of your game picked apart by some of the experts on here, for what its worth i thought he did well last night , especially first half , worked his socks off keep going James and prove some of these doubters wrong

13 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

Darren Bent has at least scored this season , get off his back . As for James Wilson , welcome to Derby County mate , have every aspect of your game picked apart by some of the experts on here, for what its worth i thought he did well last night , especially first half , worked his socks off keep going James and prove some of these doubters wrong

I can't remember Bent scoring this season?

Archived