Steve Mc worried for Derby!

irobinson

Just now, archied said:

I would nt have him back ,, would be maybe a different answer had his first season and second season been the other way round but for me Mac is a good coach but when it comes to managing I think he really comes up short when he hits a sticky patch ,, he's good if he gets a bit of momentum and to be honest he was lucky with what clough had assembled and coached them very well ,,, do I trust him with the chequebook and let him build a side ? I'm not sure he is anywhere near as strong in that department ,,,, I'm putting my faith in Pearson to get it right but that said I'm interested to hear from those who don't think Pearson is the right man for the job ,who would they appoint to replace him next week if they were in mels position ? 

They have no idea who they would appoint in the revolving door of managers. 

Oh wait Stevie Mac is available because he got sacked at Newcastle. 

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

I'm just very much against this "change needs time" or "time to gel" nonsense. It's either poor man and/or change management.

Hardly Mac's fault that his tenure raised expectations!

Oh I agree ! But those raised expectations present a different set of circumstances for the new man. Not debating that.

Steve did a good job .. I just think it is a pity he didn't want to continue it .. And make no mistake he wasn't "sacked" like drummed out of the place with a victim badge on his head. He made choices which put the club in a position that they reacted to in a certain way. The impetus for his departure started firmly with Steve. Time to gel isn't nonsense. Like everything in life .. Sometimes things click straight away and there isn't a recipe for that, sometimes things never work, but most often it does take time for new leadership to establish itself. That is where we are now. 

Well let me say I was delighted when Pearson and Powell were appointed. I had not enjoyed the football that I had seen for most of last season and I thought Pearson would be just the man to either kick the asses of at least half a dozen of the prima-donna type players that we have accumulated or get rid of them. 

Sadly, surprisingly for me, it has not happened and is not happening. Are we now stuck with what we have got until January?? Well if so then that is going to be real fun - NOT.

IMO we needed to be far more active in the transfer window, I know the FFP implications but the likes of Ince, Blackman, Bent are not really team players or what I would call 100%ers. We desperately needed a ball winner to replace Thorne, Hughes is not that man. We need Hughes further up the pitch - surely everyone can see that. 

Felt sorry for Hughes on Saturday, thought he was outstanding, but he was having to try and be everywhere and do everything himself or at least to try and get a spark out of the other players. We even have him now taking corners and playing centre half !!

Also, in Anya, we now just might have a player who can cross the ball but following Martins departure we have even less 'height' in the middle than we did with Martin and he was not that good 'in the air'. I know we apparently tried to sign a tall centre forward i.e. Kodija but failed, not that we should have paid £15m for him anyway, but we are now desperately thin in that department as I don't see Bent has having a long run in the team - but it might come to that!

Sadly the next few months could be a very 'testing' time for all DCFC fans.   Booooooooooo.

1 hour ago, wixman1884 said:

Just out of interest, would you take him back if we're sitting mid table in January?

a lot depends on how we are playing and if I see an upward trajectory in Pearson's regime. Things would have to be bad, very bad, Paul Jewell bad, for me to want Pearson out in the first season.

1 hour ago, jono said:

I liked what Steve bought. That night against Ipswich convinced me to buy a season ticket. But as a football manager he should know more than anyone that it takes time to put something together and what is needed depends on where you start. He was lucky at Derby. He arrived at a club with some good players but no tactical direction and a lowly league position. He was a saviour arriving at an opportune moment and he did well. NIgel has an entirely different recipe .. Ooodles of expectation. Reasonable recent league finishes, expectations ! wealthy new owner, impatient fans ... Steve had a far easier hand to play. Saying he's worried about Derby seems a bit glib.

I suggest it's just passing affection for a club that got him jobs at Manchester United and Newcastle. Fair enough 

Sincerely worried ? Naaa .. If it was then wouldn't have runoff off for a pile of dosh. 

he didn't run off, he was unemployed.

Could there be. any possibility of getting steve Mac back as a coach? He worked under 'arry at QPR for a short while. He needs a job and I would have him back at least as a coach.

1 hour ago, Ramos said:

I would argue not replacing Eustace last summer, could actually go down as one of our biggest mistakes over the past few years. Instead over the past year we have signed a number of players we don't need or don't look like they can play in our team. 

1 hour ago, reveldevil said:

We didn't even need to replace him, just keep him on. I know he was injured at the time, but surely another yr would have cost buttons, at least he could have passed on his experience to Hanson.

We tried to replace him with Baird...

24 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Could there be. any possibility of getting steve Mac back as a coach? He worked under 'arry at QPR for a short while. He needs a job and I would have him back at least as a coach.

More chance of getting Billy Davies back to work as head of the academy youth.

2 hours ago, reveldevil said:

Now you either stick with the roofer and hope he can fix it, or wait for him to slip off the roof in a tragic accident. 

OMG!!! Didn't anyone tell him about the rabid birds that attack at will...he's fallen off the roof dodging the corvids! :D

I heard:

Sam Rush was happy to keep McC and just smooth things over & McC kissed the badge...BUT Mel was not happy so, rock blunted scissors...Mel said words to the effect that "we run tings...tings no run we" (I think he'd been on the ganga) so McC walked. 

Judging by the players' body language, they're not big fans of Pearson (At the first training session when the players reported back, Chris Martin's torso resembled a big "V" sign) whenever Pearson looked at him...the rest is ancient his-tree maan...

But...it's just what I've heard...don't shoot the messenger...or the sherriff...or the Deputy...like. 

19 minutes ago, Boycie said:

More chance of getting Billy Davies back to work as head of the academy youth.

Why you think rush and Morris don't like Steve Mac , and /or it's a mutualdislike?  Or what? Steve must like Derby a bit.. He's come here three times now! 

3 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

hahahahaha, if the club (I'm assuming you mean Derby?) knew he had a contract offer, the could've a) taken Newcastle to a tribunal, and b) waited for McClaren to resign.

The point however remains the same. If some geordie Slapper offers you the chance to move in with her, and you ignore her and carry on living with your current, loyal mrs. Have YOU done anything wrong? NO.

You did if you still took her number and sexted her for a good three months, THEN decided to stick with what you know. 

I say this from a relationship point of view. I have no idea if Mac and Ashley were sexting. 

19 minutes ago, TrueLou said:

You did if you still took her number and sexted her for a good three months, THEN decided to stick with what you know. 

I say this from a relationship point of view. I have no idea if Mac and Ashley were sexting. 

But what if it's just been texting and out of loyalty you repeatedly reject the slapper's advances? There's no evidence of sexting but the Mrs turns pyscho and starts accusing you of it anyway!

1 minute ago, cannable said:

But what if it's just been texting and out of loyalty you repeatedly reject the slapper's advanced? There's no evidence of sexting but the Mrs turns pyscho and starts accusing you of it anyway!

Oh Cannable. You don't put your widget in the lions jaws unless you enjoy the risk of it being chopped off! Sexting, texting, all the same thing. It's the going behind the back thing that's the deal breaker not the intent. 

I am in now way implying that Mac put his widget in Ashley's jaws. 

2 minutes ago, TrueLou said:

Oh Cannable. You don't put your widget in the lions jaws unless you enjoy the risk of it being chopped off! Sexting, texting, all the same thing. It's the going behind the back thing that's the deal breaker not the intent. 

I am in now way implying that Mac put his widget in Ashley's jaws. 

We need to see these texts.

And the CCTV.

For… educational purposes :ph34r:

1 hour ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Why you think rush and Morris don't like Steve Mac , and /or it's a mutualdislike?  Or what? Steve must like Derby a bit.. He's come here three times now! 

I assume rush n Morris don't hate Mac. 

But I can't see Pearson letting Mac into the fold as a coach.

Archived