Enough is enough.

ollycutts1982

Okay, so the window is closed, whether or not there is absolutely nothing we can do about it (apart from freebies) so I think its about time we had some positivity around the place.

Moaning, bickering whatever you want to call it will not change the fact that the squad we currently have is what we have got, those who have left aren't here, neither are those who we didn't sign. Only time will tell whether the current crop can get us where we need to be.

Lets get behind the team, who knows what they might be able to do with a little bit of encouragement.

Football is a rollercoaster, we have ups and down but lets just enjoy the ride. If not there are plenty of other teams out there who would appreciate the support. 

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree. Lately we have been extremely negative towards the team and the manager, and that could really affect our home performances if the fans boo the players or act negatively during the match. If we (The Fans) keep acting negative then the players form will start to get slowly worse and worse. The fans need to be loud and supportive against Newcastle or else we'll come away with no points again. COYR!

Agreed, we can all argue on here about what should have been done in the window and the mistakes the club may have made- but there's no point transferring that across to the game. Come Saturday it's the time to get behind the team we've got and do everything we can to help them get back on track- although the players giving us something to cheer about will help things as well...

1 minute ago, JarodyDCFC said:

I agree. Lately we have been extremely negative towards the team and the manager, and that could really affect our home performances if the fans boo the players or act negatively during the match. If we (The Fans) keep acting negative then the players form will start to get slowly worse and worse. The fans need to be loud and supportive against Newcastle or else we'll come away with no points again. COYR!

Its like a vicious circle, player has an off game, get criticised, next game gets booed, confidence is affected and performances drop. What if they were encouraged, confidence increases, performance increase, players want the ball so there are more options, fans are happy, players feed off buzzing crowd, we win league and go on to dominate the domestic and European stage for years to come.

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

Agreed, we can all argue on here about what should have been done in the window and the mistakes the club may have made- but there's no point transferring that across to the game. Come Saturday it's the time to get behind the team we've got and do everything we can to help them get back on track- although the players giving us something to cheer about will help things as well...

But its like being at stalemate in an argument. someone has to take the first step. It's easier for the fans to get off the players' back than it is to restore shattered confidence. If, for example Johnson comes off the bench on sat, I am no psychologist but sure a good reception will lead to a better performance than a bad reception.

Just now, ollycutts1982 said:

But its like being at stalemate in an argument. someone has to take the first step. It's easier for the fans to get off the players' back than it is to restore shattered confidence. If, for example Johnson comes off the bench on sat, I am no psychologist but sure a good reception will lead to a better performance than a bad reception.

definately, no player should have anyone on his back before they've even come on, I don't understand why fans do that- what is it going to achieve but worsening confidence? What I mean is its all well and good saying that fans need to be chanting all match long, but it's very difficult to get an atmosphere going when there's nothing on the pitch to get excited about- however getting on players backs is just ridiculous ,unless it's clear they're not trying their best then booing shouldn't happen. I just hope we get off to a good start on Saturday so the atmosphere improves and the players confidence goes some way to being restored 

3 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

definately, no player should have anyone on his back before they've even come on, I don't understand why fans do that- what is it going to achieve but worsening confidence? What I mean is its all well and good saying that fans need to be chanting all match long, but it's very difficult to get an atmosphere going when there's nothing on the pitch to get excited about- however getting on players backs is just ridiculous ,unless it's clear they're not trying their best then booing shouldn't happen. I just hope we get off to a good start on Saturday so the atmosphere improves and the players confidence goes some way to being restored 

Definitely, sometimes it just takes a good challenge or a shot to get the fans going. We just like to see abit of passion on the pitch. We have got a great fan base but at times we do ourselves no favours what so ever.

13 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Definitely, sometimes it just takes a good challenge or a shot to get the fans going. We just like to see abit of passion on the pitch. We have got a great fan base but at times we do ourselves no favours what so ever.

Indeed, as much as we have our fair share of idiots- it's not our fans fault that the team has started dreadfully. But we CAN help the players to sort themselves out by not acting like idiots and booing before the match has even begun!

16 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Just because youre not happy with something and have a moan on here it doesn't mean you don't get behind the team on matchdays.  

Indeed. I always give my support to the players when they are on the pitch, but that doesn't mean I can't be concerned about what happens at the club. There are shades of grey in this world.

There's a lot of studies which have shown the positive effects of home advantage. With booing you are just giving it away and therefore detrimental towards the team you should be supporting.

I hope those booers would some day get more sense and upgrade to quarter-fans.

It might challenge the laws of physics but a cheering crowd will give any player that extra half yard of pace, the encouragement to go for that 50/50 ball or risk the diving header. We have to give what we've got as much as we can. 

The booers aren't on here. They're on twitter spouting semi literate abuse at the players to warm up for match day. I suppose people have paid through the nose for their tickets, so they have the right to show their disapproval. The atmosphere at the moment really makes matches quite unpleasant though. The singing barely even filters to my end of the South Stand any more and me and the few others who do pipe up tend to get bored after 20 minutes when no one joins in and, in all honesty, the team haven't given them much reason to.

Whilst I disagree with booing, jeering, ironic cheers etc I really don't buy into the notion that the players should perform better the louder the fans cheer.

Shouldn't wanting to earn an honest days wage be enough to motivate them.

I don't expect my clients to tell me how great I am before I do my best work. I do my best at work knowing that someone is paying me to do just that!

Archived