Enough is enough.

ollycutts1982

46 minutes ago, ossieram said:

Cheering the team on might well give them a temporary lift and that can give them the confidence to carry it on throughout the game, which in turn gives the fans a lift and they give better vocal support.

Whereas booing and moaning lifts nobody and just heaps more pressure onto the players and the fans are just waiting for the next mistake so they can vent their frustration, this helps no one. 

On the money.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It isn't about volume. It's about that undefinable atmosphere .. You Know when it's there ... The noise, the songs and the vibe it's a special mix that sends shivers down your spine as a fan and the players feel and respond to it too. ... It doesn't happen often (or often enough)  Sometimes like when we thumped Forrest you get a flash of it. Odd times a particular passage of play ignite it briefly but it doesn't go exothermic very easily . The real deal is like the 4-4 Ipswich game. It starts as a ripple. It grows, it is infectious in an entirely positive way and it does work. It feeds itself and it feeds the players. Anyone who has a genuine love for sport will know it. I feel sorry for anyone who hasn't. It's one of the reasons I go to sporting contests. "Just maybe today there will be a taste of it" 

38 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

This.

There are a number on here who confess to mental health issues, and an inability to perform to their optimum because of anxiety or depression. There is no reason why footballers are not the same. They need and feed on confidence. In an atmosphere where a crowd is on their backs, they will not do things necessarily that are natural to them. They can become tense, they can over think so as not to make an error, and they start doing simple things rather than taking an (attacking) risk. It can be a vicious circle.

I cannot see any good reason to boo any of our players during a game. 

I've never seen anyone on here say that booing is a good idea, just that they pay their money and are entitled to show if they are unhappy with what they are getting in return. Personally I would never boo but I also could not argue with anyone who made that point.

Watching Serbia they were booed off at half time and have been all over Ireland in the second half.

A genuine atmosphere is spontaneous and builds, it can not be artificially created as it just fizzles out, the noise heightens and grows from the perfomance on the pitch, the players in turn grow in confidence and they respond by taking more chances to play a longer pass or take on an extra defender, this breeds more excitement from the crowd and the atmosphere continues to grow.

it has to start on the pitch for it to be a real atmosphere, not a forced one.

a belief has to be created that we will win every game that we play in the team and in the fans.

it has to start on the pitch.

saturday could be the start of our season, the Geordies will be making a noise and we can use that and grow from it.

12 hours ago, jono said:

That made me chuckle .. Possibly Leeds players are half a yard slower than the norm because it is a Neanderthal place and they need the "fan fix" in order to reach normal performance levels. Without the fan noise they would probably be none league. In fact this IS evidence :ph34r:

The legendaru Leeds fans give the team a right boost. Just imagine how bad the team actually are.

Archived