Derby County vs Newcastle United

SouthernRam

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

There is a cancer at the heart of this club, and it needs cutting out. ******* quick too. 

No one is too big for league 1.

I would say at the very top, but that's not a popular opinion..... 

How on earth Russell gets a start is beyond me.

Christie always wants to beat the extra man - complete waste

Final ball was awful

Anya I thought was excellent and Wilson and Vydra need more time to gel together.

One brilliant goal and one goal of our own making - well a double effort Keogh went to sleep and Carson went to ground.

To be fair the Toons never really done anything else, we seemed to have lots of the ball but never done much with it- we were out muscled all over the pitch.

Just now, Howard Canitbé said:

First 20 minutes we looked good. We will get better. Confidence is key in football, and patience is the key here too. 7 games in and calling for managerial change is pathetic and short-sighted.

I don't think anyone is calling for a managerial change, least of all me. 

I firmly believe that Pearson has taken a team that most managers could get into the top six with ease and weakened it, significantly, and will possibly fail to make the top half. However, I don't think a managerial change will help at this point. He's looking to build the team he wants and if we don't give him time then no one will benefit. 

I'd suggest that he has until the summer, regardless, and if we don't finish in the top six then he gets sacked. It's absolutely unacceptable for anyone going into a job that they can take it backwards and be considered a success. 

Just now, toddy said:

How on earth Russell gets a start is beyond me.

Christie always wants to beat the extra man - complete waste

Final ball was awful

Anya I thought was excellent and Wilson and Vydra need more time to gel together.

One brilliant goal and one goal of our own making - well a double effort Keogh went to sleep and Carson went to ground.

To be fair the Toons never really done anything else, we seemed to have lots of the ball but never done much with it- we were out muscled all over the pitch.

Very fair assessment that. 

Bringing Bent for Shackell was completely suicidal move by Nigel Pearson. This performance wasn't overall so bad as the one against Burton, but there is still lot of work which has to be done to improve. I think this system in which Derby's midfield is playing at the moment isn't functioning at all. Some new additions are required immediately. Anya was quite good and lively. I like him lot. It wasn't complete despair display, but the road in front of us is long and winding.

So many fickle people associated with this club at the moment it beggars belief. At the time of his appointment a few months ago most were satisfied and realistic that this appointment would mean a season of transition. 

The high expectation is the cancer at the heart of the club. Impatient fools who want everything right now. Yes, complain that the performance second half was poor, but knee-jerk reactions won't help. 

Wassall had us playing better football 50% of the time, and that season ended in, ultimately, failure. Quick fixes and a return to old ways might bring short-term relief, but in the long term it's just going to take us back to square one, year after year. 

Flaw in the whole Person thing was the assumption that he did it at Leicester therefore he would do it for us.

But logically you could argue that he failed at Leicester in the Premier League - in fact he build a Premier League winning team but managed to nearly get them relegated with his tactics?

You could also argue that it took a decent manager to take them to their full potential (arguably more than their full potential)

Maybe he is doing the same with us?

Archived