Time To Go

DerbyRevolution

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

The boo merchants are the ones who have failed us.

It's embarrassing, yes the players need telling but let the manager do that and support the club and team try get them going don't knock them down more 

I don't like Pearson as a man, I won't bore you why but I have my reasons, rightly or wrongly.

This morning however I've found myself sympathising with him to a degree. I think he is not getting total commitment from the majority of his playing staff which to me is unforgivable. 

Pearson didn't instruct them to play as shitly as they did last night I'm sure but it does concern me we fanny about passing the ball sideways at the back before the inevitable hopeful hoof up front that is food and drink to any half decent centre half instead of quick forward football catching opposition players out of position. 

I've written on other posts about Zenga going into Wolves on the eve of the season and them not having problems scoring goals, this morning it seems to me that's because his players are buying into his philosophy and ours aren't buying into Pearson's.

To that end, one of two things are going to have to happen, Pearson says **** you, you're not worth my time and leaves, or one by one we're going to have to try getting rid of players responsible for the abject performance of last night. 

Personally, I'd rather have a bloke I don't like at the club above players conning the club and the fans.

Hope we don't have a Villa scenario at the club with all the reports of players taking liberties. I have some sympathy for NP if this is the case as he can't just say drop half the first team and a few underperforming back ups and replace them like for like but i'd almost certainly favour giving youngsters a go in their place. I accept it may not be the right time or indeed atmosphere at the club currently to chuck youngsters in there but unless we sign half a dozen players sharpish, what is the alternative if Pearson can't get these 'unmotivated' regulars back to their best?

I'd rather play crap with youth in the side trying to make a difference than play crap with players just going through the motions and I would hope that the majority of Derby fans would try and encourage these younger players even if they aren't quite producing. Longer term it could pay off.

Pearson has some difficult decisions to make if true and he has to put some faith in other players but he needs to make these decisions now or we'll continue to drift along apathetically.

Whether the rumours of player unrest are true or not I can't comment on that as I've no idea. Just if it were hypothetically then my view is as above.

I don't want Pearson out, but I never expected us in a million years to be playing like this; Clement's football was better, nevermind Wassall's and McClaren's. 

The key for Mel now is to avoid the trigger happy Chairman tag. I think he needs to give Pearson until the end of the season and reevaluate then. 

It's painfully obvious that this is not going to be a season to remember. 

Things need to be sorted, but to say get rid of Pearson is a joke, he will sort it out, but it will not happen over night, when he signs players he has to make sure they are the right ones, not just to buy for the sake of it, the club needs our support, it's easy to support when things are going well, but I believe, come the end of the season we will be in the top 6,  I think one of the problems with Derby , is that we have had far to many managers just recently, and this does unsettle players, what we need now is a manager to be allowed time to freshen things up, and I believe, Pearson and his management team will get it right.

18 minutes ago, CHCDerby said:

When you look at Martins face when he was substituted tells you a lot. To not even look your manager in the eye is disrespectful IMO.

I posted something very similar last night, I reckon he could be on his way...Martin that is...

35 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I don't want Pearson out, but I never expected us in a million years to be playing like this; Clement's football was better, nevermind Wassall's and McClaren's. 

The key for Mel now is to avoid the trigger happy Chairman tag. I think he needs to give Pearson until the end of the season and reevaluate then. 

It's painfully obvious that this is not going to be a season to remember. 

I really don't like Pearson. I sit uneasily with the fact that most people know he's stubborn and generally unpleasant man yet he's OK to be a role model and manager at our club. That's before anything about the games I've seen this season (don't look like we are going to score at any point in any game and when we do it comes as surprise and relief) but I agree don't sack him until the end of the season or decent managers won't want to be seen near the club and we'll end up with a DiCanio or similar. 

On 27/08/2016 at 10:44, CHCDerby said:

When you look at Martins face when he was substituted tells you a lot. To not even look your manager in the eye is disrespectful IMO.

Maybe he thought "I'm being replaced by Darren f******* Bent, this manager hasn't got a clue". That would be a reasonable rection imo.

5 minutes ago, Derbyram1983 said:

For whatever reason we have been in decline since the Apr playoff. Nigel will need this season to get "his" team. Can't really judge him until then. No matter what system the players just haven't been performing. The fans need to get behind the team 

We've been in decline for 2 years, we had a semi-decent performance in a second leg of a game which was already over - mainly due to a performance akin to that of Friday night in the first.

We need to stick with him. People keep saying that we don't have the players to play a 4-4-2, but look at our big money signings from the last couple of windows:

Vydra, Johnson, Butterfield, Shackell

That to me is the spine of a 442 team. Look how good Johnson and Butterfield were in particular in this league before coming to us. Hopefully Pearson can get them back to their best in time. If we sign another winger to play on the right, and perhaps a strike partner for Vydra if Martin goes, the entire dynamic of the team will shift to suit their styles of play. 

Maybe it is time to let go of the football we played pre-Pearson. It's a shame, because it was great having such pride in a cheaply assembled group of players, seeing them go to Wembley.

We didn't get promoted. That's the aim. Allow Pearson the time to achieve it.

4 minutes ago, EulogyForEvolution said:

We need to stick with him. People keep saying that we don't have the players to play a 4-4-2, but look at our big money signings from the last couple of windows:

Vydra, Johnson, Butterfield, Shackell

That to me is the spine of a 442 team. Look how good Johnson and Butterfield were in particular in this league before coming to us. Hopefully Pearson can get them back to their best in time. If we sign another winger to play on the right, and perhaps a strike partner for Vydra if Martin goes, the entire dynamic of the team will shift to suit their styles of play. 

Maybe it is time to let go of the football we played pre-Pearson. It's a shame, because it was great having such pride in a cheaply assembled group of players, seeing them go to Wembley.

We didn't get promoted. That's the aim. Allow Pearson the time to achieve it.

No thanks, not sure if you saw the Carlisle match with Johnson and Butterfield in the middle but they were shockingly bad considering they were playing against a mid-table league two team. They were so easily exploited that any decent team at our level would have scored for fun against us. So thanks, but no thanks.

Ever since Mel has come in the club has gone downhill.

We should have never let McClaren, Simmo and Eric go. They were a great team and you could tell the players enjoyed themselves every time they went out on that pitch. The amount of goals we scored and teams we brushed aside was phenomenal. We looked a Premier League team playing in the Championship. I still think if we kept Martin, Thorne and Eustace fit in 14/15 we would have gone up. He should have been given another season, but trigger happy Mel let him go. It wasn’t good enough, it wasn’t perfect.

In comes Clement, a man who has never managed before, allowed to spend millions on the squad. These millions were largely wasted on players who never really improved the squad or even fit in. Some truly shocking signings in fairness. Before the season started there was already huge expectation on someone so inexperienced. Ultimately this failed and I was actually happy to see him go, but wished him all the best, very difficult first job in management tbf.

Wassall comes in for the rest of the season. Another odd choice by Mel seeing as tho we were in a great position. However, Wassall for me, did a brilliant job. Got us back to playing great football (for the most part) and got us in the play offs. Not bad for someone inexperienced. But again it wasn’t perfect and the amount of stick he got from fans was disgusting. These same fans are now blaming the players, and attacking anyone who dares to criticize Pearson. Hypocrites!! Maybe Mel would have appointed Wassall, but due to the toxic nature of some of our fans decided to go against it. 

Finally we get Pearson, who I was actually happy with, but after seeing his stubbornness to play his own system rather than play one that actually gets the best out of players, I am starting to question him. It looks like we’re rebuilding again. Rebuilding a side that finished top six last season with two very inexperienced coaches!? Nothing we can do unfortunately. Its going to get worse before it gets better, I trust Pearson to get us in the Premier League in his own way in about two or three seasons. With Martin looking likely to leave I think we will have to say goodbye to the pretty and enjoyable football we’ve played for the past few seasons unfortunately* 

Might as well get behind Pearson!!

*as a side note. The amount of stick Martin gets pisses me off. People keep saying we’ve had three seasons and no promotions with Martin in the side. Whilst that is true (and i’d argue thats despite Martins contributions), do you really think we would have been anywhere near the top 6 without him full stop? We are so average when he is out the side. In many ways Im glad he is off, a great servant to the club and deserves better. 

You've made a good point with the fact that the team played decent for spells under inexperienced coaches ,, that kind of tells me that for spells the players ran things and not the coach ? Shackell telling wassell to F off? Now that might be ok for a short spell but is always going to end in shambles ,,  players must be managed by a manager not the other way round and it looks very much to me that we are in the transitional period where a manager has come in and is going to manage and a strong group of players are spitting the dummy ,, there is only one way that this can end sucesfully and that's letting that manager manage and get behind him ,,, if players pick the team, formation and tactics it long term chaos

On 26 August 2016 at 23:01, McLovin said:

No the players have to go, no passion or determination. If they were like this only under Pearson then I'd agree but there is a fundamental issue. The players were like this at the end for Mac,Clement, Wassall and now Pearson. 

Come off it you fool. Seriously. That squad is the problem? Name me a better squad in the  Championship?

Archived