Time To Go

DerbyRevolution

Bogus thread. We won't hear a pip from all these people when he turns it all around WHICH HE WILL. We have built a titanic defence, and now the rest will come. We've lost 2 away games so far, big deal. He gave everyone a chance and got to see firsthand our bad apples. The thing I like about NP is that he is direct and honest. He's not making excuses and he is doing everything he can do to make us successful. He will not allow players not to give 100% and he will not accept anything other than success. 

Our only problem is we are carrying dead weight in a bloated squad full of egos. I really think in a years time they will be comparing him to BC, and hailing him as our very best manager in years. And i wasn't keen on him coming in, but so far I see him as a winner regardless of this blip of results. 

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Ninos said:

Bogus thread. We won't hear a pip from all these people when he turns it all around WHICH HE WILL. We have built a titanic defence, and now the rest will come. We've lost 2 away games so far, big deal. He gave everyone a chance and got to see firsthand our bad apples. The thing I like about NP is that he is direct and honest. He's not making excuses and he is doing everything he can do to make us successful. He will not allow players not to give 100% and he will not accept anything other than success. 

Our only problem is we are carrying dead weight in a bloated squad full of egos. I really think in a years time they will be comparing him to BC, and hailing him as our very best manager in years. And i wasn't keen on him coming in, but so far I see him as a winner regardless of this blip of results. 

I agree he will get it right , he has gave certain players chances but they will be moved on if not this window then certainly January window

Just now, valleyram said:

I agree he will get it right , he has gave certain players chances but they will be moved on if not this window then certainly January window

Yes. You see him settling on Carson, Shacks, Bryson, Hughes. Jury out for him on Christie, Lowe, Olsson, Bent. You see him identifying Ince Martin Butterfield Russell etc as fair-weather players. He really seems to me to be lighting fires under lazy asses here, and its exactly what this team needs. He gives them a few chances, then yanks them from the game if they don't try, then slowly slowly rebuilds it the right way. Now its frustrating but as a manager what can you do but motivate, substitute, set a formation, try to transfer players in and out. I give him an A so far because he's not accepting what he sees, he's trying to change it. And no one can deny our defence looks better than ever : we are tough to beat. He's brought in 2 players so far: Wilson and Vydra. Both high quality with speed to burn. They have the potential to score hatfuls of goals. if they do, we will be very successful with the foundations he's laying. 

6 minutes ago, archied said:

You've made a good point with the fact that the team played decent for spells under inexperienced coaches ,, that kind of tells me that for spells the players ran things and not the coach ? Shackell telling wassell to F off? Now that might be ok for a short spell but is always going to end in shambles ,,  players must be managed by a manager not the other way round and it looks very much to me that we are in the transitional period where a manager has come in and is going to manage and a strong group of players are spitting the dummy ,, there is only one way that this can end sucesfully and that's letting that manager manage and get behind him ,,, if players pick the team, formation and tactics it long term chaos

Just as any football club is only there by the grace and favour of its loyal supporters, so the owner is the general, the manager is the officer and all but the very best players just spear carriers, that's all.

So if they revolt, casheer them, or worse preferably. They are dispensable and quite easily replaceable.

If the going gets rougher, let's see if Mister Big Stuff Shackell will dare disrespect big bad Nige.

No? Don't think so, not for a minute. A death lock scenario ensues otherwise.

Pussy Galore.

1 hour ago, Ninos said:

Bogus thread. We won't hear a pip from all these people when he turns it all around WHICH HE WILL.

So you want people to continue complaining if he turns it around? Carry on slating him after we're playing well. Claiming about hoofball even if we're not playing it so they don't appear fickle

Or you want people to have faith in him based on nothing but hope and two promotions with Leicester.

If it's **** then it's ****. And it's ****. No idea what he's trying to do. It looks now like defensive hoofball. It is defensive hoofball. And if we win the next 30 games playing like Barcelona then we will STILL have played defensive hoofball up to this point.

On 26/08/2016 at 22:56, DerbyRevolution said:

Pearson had 2 options

tweak a top 6 side

rip it apart

done neither

no shots, no passion, no goals, no points.

get rid now

never seen such an abject performance, and start to a season

if anyone disagrees, your wrong, and arguing for the sake of it

first article this, shame it had to be this

Fascist. And it's you're.

1 hour ago, Ninos said:

they didn't give 100% at Barnsley, and he's allowed it to happen again.

On 27/08/2016 at 11:05, Jimbo Ram said:

I wanted Pearson in and nothing has changed my mind. He is the right man to sort out this mess. It might take some time and he might make some decisions that some of us don't like, but I trust his judgement and over time he will get it right.

What do you base your judgement on our of interest?

Was not aware of any mess for him to sort out before he arrived?

1 hour ago, Ninos said:

What is his timescale for getting it right?

Not sure about this titanic defence based on the goals we have conceded. 

You say no excuses but a few times I have heard him talk about our players being out of form? 

24 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

What do you base your judgement on our of interest?

Was not aware of any mess for him to sort out before he arrived?

Ok, mess maybe the wrong word, inconsistency and lack of confidence then and an inability to see things through when the going gets tough.

Call me old fashioned but......

No matter which formation a player is played in....

He should still be able to do at least some of the following....

Trap a ball

Pass a ball to one of his own men 10 metres away

Take a shot at goal with some reasonable chance of it testing their goalkeeper

Head a ball out danger

Make himself free to receive a pass on a regular basis

Be very fit if not injured

Really want to do his best

Come off the pitch having tried very hard......

As the wages are pretty good for the amount of time spent playing in games

• 4 weeks later...

Archived