Time To Go

DerbyRevolution

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, YouRams said:

@Tombo if Martin doesn't qualify as a premadona to you I'd hate to meet a person that does....

edit.. Elsnik, Lowe, Mitchell???

prima donna

ˌpriːmə ˈdɒnə/

noun

noun: primadonna

the chief female singer in an opera or opera company.

synonyms:leading soprano, leading lady, diva, (opera) star, protagonist, heroine, principal singer, female lead; 

informalsongbird

"this solo was added to give the prima donna another aria"

a very temperamental person with an inflated view of their own talent or importance.

modifier noun: prima-donna

"the prima-donna behaviour of some of the stars"

synonyms:temperamental person, unpredictable person, self-important person

"the sport's overpaid prima donnas would throw tantrums on court"

Chris Martin - moans a bit when he misses a chance or doesn't get the right service.

3 minutes ago, cannable said:

prima donna

ˌpriːmə ˈdɒnə/

noun

synonyms:leading soprano, leading lady, diva, (opera) star, protagonist, heroine, principal singer, female lead; 

informalsongbird

a very temperamental person with an inflated view of their own talent or importance.

Chris Martin - moans a bit when he misses a chance or doesn't get the right service.

Pre-Madonna is a collection of demos by American singer Madonna. The album was released in 1997 by Stephen Bray, who was the producer of the songs when they were recorded, and was distributed by Soultone. 

Clearly what I meant ^^^^

13 minutes ago, cannable said:

prima donna

ˌpriːmə ˈdɒnə/

noun

informalsongbird

He was the chief singer in some of our greatest hits. Temperamental maybe but I don't feel he had an inflated view of his own talents.

He stuck with us and continued to play well because we took him when he was struggling at Norwich and gave him a home. Somewhere where his family could settle instead of being halfway across the country out on loan to sit on someone else's bench. He could have left at any time after we got his career back together but he didn't. We gave him a home and somewhere to settle and he repaid us in goals.

I could say the same about Jake Buxton.

All we've ever done for Darren Bent and Jason Shackell is set their careers back. That's what I see as the key difference.

There was a time when players and fans alike were more willing to give something to the club. Now players and fans all share the trait of wanting something for nothing. And it doesn't happen that way.

Edit: I get your post, and I know we're more or less in agreement, not arguing with your post. Concurring and adding my thoughts more than anything. 

36 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

Probably the best Spoonerism on here was someone called Mary Hinge, doesn't post anymore mind. He/she was posting ages before it dawned on me.  Cherna-facepalm.gif

Unrelated to the topic but Mary Hinge was also the name of a racehorse in the 90's. The same owners liked to do this and also had a horse called Betty Swallocks and couple of others whose names escape me. One was called Hoof Hearted. They just wanted the race commentator to get muddled during a finish and say the actual real words.

55 minutes ago, YouRams said:

Pre-Madonna is a collection of demos by American singer Madonna. The album was released in 1997 by Stephen Bray, who was the producer of the songs when they were recorded, and was distributed by Soultone. 

Clearly what I meant ^^^^

47 minutes ago, Tombo said:

He was the chief singer in some of our greatest hits. Temperamental maybe but I don't feel he had an inflated view of his own talents.

He stuck with us and continued to play well because we took him when he was struggling at Norwich and gave him a home. Somewhere where his family could settle instead of being halfway across the country out on loan to sit on someone else's bench. He could have left at any time after we got his career back together but he didn't. We gave him a home and somewhere to settle and he repaid us in goals.

I could say the same about Jake Buxton.

All we've ever done for Darren Bent and Jason Shackell is set their careers back. That's what I see as the key difference.

There was a time when players and fans alike were more willing to give something to the club. Now players and fans all share the trait of wanting something for nothing. And it doesn't happen that way.

Edit: I get your post, and I know we're more or less in agreement, not arguing with your post. Concurring and adding my thoughts more than anything. 

Not a single Coldplay joke. 

3 minutes ago, cannable said:

Not a single Coldplay joke. 

I can't listen to Coldplay anymore without thinking about what we've lost. I'm tempted to put together a compilation video of our Chris Martin's best moments and put "Fix You" over the top.

Wouldn't be a dry eye on the forum.

Chrissy, if you're reading - miss ya babe x

32 minutes ago, Tombo said:

I can't listen to Coldplay anymore without thinking about what we've lost. I'm tempted to put together a compilation video of our Chris Martin's best moments and put "Fix You" over the top.

Wouldn't be a dry eye on the forum.

Chrissy, if you're reading - miss ya babe x

Don…

too late… sweet prince ????

Archived