• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, DerbyRevolution said:

Pearson had 2 options

tweak a top 6 side

rip it apart

done neither

no shots, no passion, no goals, no points.

get rid now

never seen such an abject performance, and start to a season

if anyone disagrees, your wrong, and arguing for the sake of it

first article this, shame it had to be this

at last someone has some sence f off np

Totally understand the frustration. My kid has just started going this season and she thinks all football is like this. I keep telling her it will get better and we'll see a really exciting game one day soon. I hate lying though. ;)

That aside. Pearson at least deserves a full season. If we're still playing as badly and as frequently as this come May then fine, maybe it's not the job for him and he'd fully deserve criticism but for now just let's see how it pans out.

Not saying you're wrong. I don't know what the hell is going on either and we've been atrocious so far this season but he needs to be given a fair crack of the whip before we can start coming to decisions on how good/bad he is. I'd say a full season is fair.

It's disturbing football though, can't deny that.

Will he get a full season though? Clement got us top (not playing great football) and then got sacked after a poor run but we were still in touching distance of auto spots..

Will he get a much longer opportunity?

You would hope so but who really knows

1 minute ago, DerbyRevolution said:

get rid whilst the season is still salvageable. 3 goals in 7, 1 goal in 450 mins where it matters. The teams got no identity. 442 but long balls up to and over strikers heads. How many would vydra have got tonight? Exactly

Who do you want to replace him with?

6 minutes ago, Yani P said:

Will he get a full season though? Clement got us top (not playing great football) and then got sacked after a poor run but we were still in touching distance of auto spots..

Yet to be convinced by the reasons given for PC's departure. For certain his tenure effectively ended the cold January evening Mel Morris thought he could do a better job motivating the players. The few weeks after that saw a Coach barely going through the motions and a desperate exercise back office  to convince everyone that Derby had a 'way'. I wonder what effect it all had on the players?

4 minutes ago, Yani P said:

You would hope so but who really knows

See your points Yani. Just posting really as a newbie fan that is used to things in the conference / league 2 and I accept that in the Championship the pressures are different. I know many fans in the lower leagues see things as a new manager coming in being stuck with a squad of bang average players that aren't his and he somehow has to try and mould into an effective unit. This takes time and a full season is seen as fair and long enough for improvements to be seen.

The pressures in the Championship I imagine are immense when compared to the lower leagues and not having that knowledge of the league and how things are done I just suggested a year as I think it's a fair amount of time to give a manager before deciding he's crap.

I think more seasoned Rams will have more of an idea than myself if and when NP will get the boot based on previous history of managers at Derby so maybe a full season in context is far too long? I really don't know either. All I know is that even though I've not seen any difference in 4 home games this season to watching league 2, to sack a manager a month into the season is a bit premature to say the least.

1 minute ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

See your points Yani. Just posting really as a newbie fan that is used to things in the conference / league 2 and I accept that in the Championship the pressures are different. I know many fans in the lower leagues see things as a new manager coming in being stuck with a squad of bang average players that aren't his and he somehow has to try and mould into an effective unit. This takes time and a full season is seen as fair and long enough for improvements to be seen.

The pressures in the Championship I imagine are immense when compared to the lower leagues and not having that knowledge of the league and how things are done I just suggested a year as I think it's a fair amount of time to give a manager before deciding he's crap.

I think more seasoned Rams will have more of an idea than myself if and when NP will get the boot based on previous history of managers at Derby so maybe a full season in context is far too long? I really don't know either. All I know is that even though I've not seen any difference in 4 home games this season to watching league 2, to sack a manager a month into the season is a bit premature to say the least.

We should have appointed him in Feb, he'd have been long gone by now!:ph34r:

24 minutes ago, cymru said:

pearson out on you bring back

mclaren back

If you read that as its written it sounds Welsh ??

Cant be bothered to comment on the original post... its predictable, like my reply to it would be being a Derby fan for almost 50 yrs...

make my mind up? I want a football club I can be proud of? Everyone says 10 games is enough to judge. Why not 7? 2 week period to reflect. To reflect on absolute dross, defensively 'ok', going forward, nothing.

as soon as you want change you get challenged with who. Why is that my job to say? I'm a fan. Not a ceo, not a journalist, not an expert. All I know is this isn't right, and it feels like the right time to say so.

objective opinion, if you cant sell the lot, give SMC another crack. Or sell/sack them all and get Warburton + new squad in

Archived