Burton Albion vs Derby County

Carl Sagan

3 minutes ago, falconram said:

this side needed small changes

The core of this side has collapsed in a heap 3 seasons running, we've brought in far too many players to boot, but the core of "that side" (14 po final) have too many failed battle scars. 

we are seeing what the two have done to this squad

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, sage said:

Another way of looking at it is the players have no confidence in the way they are being asked to play and are subsequently low in morale and confidence. We can see the shambolic team selections, formations and substitutions, but they are trying to play through it. If he can move some in and out in the next 4 days then he may make some headway towards what he wants but if he doesn't and this continues then he may not reach the next window.   

What is for sure, to the play the NP way successfully we need to replace 2/3 of the squad because 1/3 of them won't play well under NP and 1/3 are dogsh1t. That is going to take 3 seasons.  

The players are paid a lot of money by the club to do as the manager asks and give 100%. If they have no confidence that is their issue and another sign of the mental weakness that has held the club back over the last 2 seasons. Mel has brought NP in to clear up the mess that has been created and if takes 3 seasons then it takes 3 seasons. We have f***ed up our player recruitment and now unfortunately need to deal with the consequences.

3 minutes ago, Kernow said:

I have a feeling Pearson has had enough and we will see a couple more new faces and a couple of the longer serving players gone within the next week.

Well with the way he used Wilson and Bent I wouldn't hold your breath that he'll get it right!

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Well with the way he used Wilson and Bent I wouldn't hold your breath that he'll get it right!

I give up watching Bent. He'd be first out in my opinion, but I get the idea that Pearson probably rates Bent more than Martin.

1 minute ago, sage said:

Another way of looking at it is the players have no confidence in the way they are being asked to play and are subsequently low in morale and confidence. We can see the shambolic team selections, formations and substitutions, but they are trying to play through it. If he can move some in and out in the next 4 days then he may make some headway towards what he wants but if he doesn't and this continues then he may not reach the next window.   

What is for sure, to the play the NP way successfully we need to replace 2/3 of the squad because 1/3 of them won't play well under NP and 1/3 are dogsh1t. That is going to take 3 seasons.  

Close to the issue

too many are pampered by the structure in place for dcfc.  More than a few appear content to cope with failure year after year.  Martin can only play in a formation constructed around him, trouble that formation will never get us promoted.  Incewas only a goal scorer as a loanee, lend him out and get the fools to pay for perm deal.  In the long run we should cut the squad to the minimum and start again.  I think selling the stupid purchases at a loss has a massive fpp impact tho

2 minutes ago, Spanish said:

Martin can only play in a formation constructed around him, trouble that formation will never get us promoted.  

How else do most strikers score if not provided with chances by midfield? Bent and Wilson looked the bees when they came on - your point about them would be?

2 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

This beautiful man will come back and make us stronger. He'll make us more secure, dictate the tempo and allow Hughes and Byrson to push forward. That's the one good thing I can f*cking hold on to right now.

image.jpeg

He's a great player when on form and fit, and the real b****** part of it... HE'S A LEADER!

sadly he's injury prone and ultimately no good for 2/3 of a season. 

6 minutes ago, Cool As Custard said:

The players are paid a lot of money by the club to do as the manager asks and give 100%. If they have no confidence that is their issue and another sign of the mental weakness that has held the club back over the last 2 seasons. Mel has brought NP in to clear up the mess that has been created and if takes 3 seasons then it takes 3 seasons. We have f***ed up our player recruitment and now unfortunately need to deal with the consequences.

If you are asked to do a job that you are not very good at, if I double your wages are you going to get better at it or are you still going to struggle?

Hughes and Bryson are so much better on the edge of the opposition's box than on our own, Hughes didn't follow the runner for the goal, that will affect his confidence, and start to put doubts in his mind that he has done a bad job, where the reality is that he did the best he could but shouldn't be asked to be doing that job in the first place.

1 minute ago, Kernow said:

If I had one wish right now it'd be for George to be immune from injury and sign a contract extension until 2026. We're crying out for a player like him right now.

I don't think we can rely on him to stay fit for any length of time, need a decent loan in to cover for him.

I had the misfortune to watch some of this match on my computer.

All credit to the Brewers for beating a team who were like headless chickens when within shooting distance of their goal!

I have high hopes for Wilson provided he is not stifled by naïve tactics.

Good to see Shaun B on a pitch again!

Only another 41 league games to go!:ph34r:

5 minutes ago, DCFCArmy said:

He's a great player when on form and fit, and the real b****** part of it... HE'S A LEADER!

sadly he's injury prone and ultimately no good for 2/3 of a season. 

He isnt injury prone. He has had 3 big injuries all long term. None are reoccurring injuries just unlucky. King george come back asap plz and sort this **** out

7 minutes ago, Kernow said:

If I had one wish right now it'd be for George to be immune from injury and sign a contract extension until 2026. We're crying out for a player like him right now.

Isn't it sad that we seem to be always relying on him.I don't want us to rush him back but a 50% Thorne is better than some of our current players m

1 minute ago, satty atwal said:

He isnt injury prone. He has had 3 big injuries all long term. None are reoccurring injuries just unlucky. King george come back asap plz and sort this **** out

He is injury prone. A really good player but cannot play every game, or you certainly cannot rely on that.

Archived