Burton Albion vs Derby County

Carl Sagan

Very concerned that we're getting worse as the games go. The selection/subs don't really point to any sort of plan either. 

Big names not showing up again and again, it's tiresome after three years. I feel attached to a few of these players but something needs to give, they consistently fail. What's up with Will? Looks an absolute shadow of himself. 

Great start to the weekend. 

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, satty atwal said:

So you should. Cost us promotion season b4 last. Ginger **** 

Also figured out how to balance the midfield and make defence to attack a smooth transition

Which has since vanished 

2 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

I find myself wanting McClaren back.

I am ashamed of myself.

It was him that started the slow death ffs 

Sorry but that season is long gone, that style of football isn't ever going to be seen by this "team" again, they've got too many failed scars and mentle baggage. 

NP will get it right if given the time, but it wont be through spending 25m quid and trying to buy our out of it like last season. 

1 minute ago, EnigmaRam said:

Actually Hughes was at fault, didn't track the runner. He was one of the worst players tonight trying to take people on all game and failing

I was a number 10 same position, i struggled aswell when was asked to play in front of the centre backs and not allowed to get forward. Christie wasnt marking anyone free player and he looked as lost as usual

2 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Haha 

"no effort, no desire" etc etc

And on Monday you'll be at work caring about your job. But these lads, 1 tier below the PL being watched by hundreds of thousands of people and scrutinised on every media...

They don't care. 

Yet none of our managers have ever mentioned a poor attitude. 

They really should have hoofed with more passion for the shirt. They really should have used more desire to close the huge gap between 2 DM's and the striker. 

We need a manager like Pearson that won't put up with a lack of effort... 

Such an easy thing to point the finger at. 

Come off it Alpha, did you not see the body language of the players tonight??

are you seriously telling me that it's Pearsons tactics behind the reasons that our players can't pass a ball 5 yards? or why Darren Bent was offside on virtually every attack tonight? 

There is something massively wrong behind the scenes, absolutely abundantly clear. The effort and desire from the players is just not there, at all. That's got naff all to do with tactics 

8 minutes ago, DCFCArmy said:

Its going to get worse before it gets better 

Mid-table is the absolute max we can hope for this season

And anyone laughing at my "FFP" posts should realise we are very much on the edge of that, we simply have to offload before buying, and doing so will mean slow progress. 

I didn't care about mid table we played football.... 

This is dire.... 

Long 2:30 drive home. Guys I'm done with this easy route for you. But still not in the M1 really is taking this piss.... Derby county season ticket holder driving home. I don't care win, lose or draw but the football is rubbish its not worth the travel anymore... 7 seasons in a row for this...

Just now, Alpha said:

Also figured out how to balance the midfield and make defence to attack a smooth transition

Which has since vanished 

Agreed. Only had to say no to newcastle however in january instead of sitting on fence and pissing everyone off instead of when it was too late.

A new striker would be nice, but where we're clearly really lacking is in midfield and out wide.

When Thorne comes back, at least Hughes will be able to play further forward... but we need another CDM to make sure this is always the case. Hopefully Weimann will come back in form and improve our play on the wing too.

But the main thing wrong with that was the tactics, long ball rubbish that we're not cut out to play whatsoever.

2 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Very concerned that we're getting worse as the games go. The selection/subs don't really point to any sort of plan either. 

Big names not showing up again and again, it's tiresome after three years. I feel attached to a few of these players but something needs to give, they consistently fail. What's up with Will? Looks an absolute shadow of himself. 

Great start to the weekend. 

Hughes? I think he wants more than just to take the ball off Keogh and.... oh, the forwards are 50 yards away. Bryso will only give it Keogh... I'm stuck. 

So he either forces it or drops it off where he can. 

He looked sooo frustrated tonight. 

Were just not good enough. Nothing to do with effort they can run a bit more but they'd still misplace passes and pass sideways. We're not as good as we think we are we have no defensive midfielders and no proper wingers, russells been terrible for about 18 months, never replaced ward and we look at our bench and have no game changing players 

under mac if someone had a bad game someone else would have a good game so we'd make up for it. Recently it seems everyone has a bad game on the same day and nobody has a good day we're just rubbish 

clough was right under him (then mac he didnt mention that) we were building something now we are buying something and all the signings under clement has made us look disjointed and unbalanced 

2 minutes ago, satty atwal said:

Agreed. Only had to say no to newcastle however in january instead of sitting on fence and pissing everyone off instead of when it was too late.

Yeah he deffo made mistakes. Tinkering with the back 4 was daft too. But he must have looked on tonight thinking "Wtf?" 

PistoldPete2

Where's pearson. On TV . 20 minutes of Nigel Clough and nothing from the Rams boss... Is he giving the players the stick they deserve? 

Just now, 86 points said:

Give me a break!  You've just implored MM to sack him.  At least have the courage of your convictions.  

I have always backed my convictions and yes I would get rid if this is the type of football we are going to end up playing. 

Archived